Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #76
kimwhitt93
Mouseketeer

college Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead3 View Post
My DS19 is a Junior at UT Arlington, not very out going but I plan on forcing him to go the college meet the first day and hopefully he will find at least one other person to talk to other than his family.

How do you know there is a college meet the first day?
kimwhitt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #77
dfsc
Mouseketeer

updated FE

Welcome kidz dreams and cheesehead3 to the FE exchange. I have added you to the list (post #65). Please check the information to make sure it is correct.

Who else is in the Christmas spirit and feeling the Magic of giving? You don't have to have kids to participate. The exchanges I have participated in the past have always been a mix of cruisers with or without children.

Wow - I just started glancing at the creative people in this thread. Homemade gifts FE photo thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ht=homemade+fe

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....gifts+fe+photo

Last edited by dfsc; 10-08-2012 at 02:43 PM.
dfsc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #78
theeighthdwarf
Earning My Ears

Christmas activities

We are excited to cruise over Christmas! What kind of special activities do they do on the boat for Christmas ? Also I have heard that the smaller boats have character breakfasts - do they still do these ? We have only sailed once on the Fantasy, so I have lots to learn about the Magic.

Thanks, Lauri
theeighthdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #79
jgura
Discruiser

Howdy!!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to a "pay it forward" from another Diser...we are officially on the Christmas cruise! We are looking forward to the FE, I will PM my info. We've been fortunate enough to make this a tradition so I can share a few things about the X-Mas cruise.

Most special events, you need to sign up at guest services: some of them have a small fee
Champagne tasting on Christmas Day
Gingerbread house decorating
Santa in the atrium X-Mas morning, along with cookies and hot chocolate, and fake snow
Characters wearing holiday wear
Special desserts on Christmas Eve
Ship decorated
I believe caroling one night, but we've never seen that
Special gift or towel folding on X-Mas day in your room
They provide cookies for Santa on X-Mas Eve

Things to make it festive, bring a tiny tree for your room, Christmas magnets, use stockings or holiday bags for your FE holder, wear your Santa hat on boarding day and to the dis-meet. In addition to your tip, bring a small wrapped gift for your room host.

I think that does it!
Jill
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #80
cheesehead3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwhitt93 View Post
How do you know there is a college meet the first day?
Form old Naviagators and the last cruise we were on there always is a 18-2? meet in one of the lounges at aprox 9:00pm. From what I have read on the Dis is it is hit or miss for how many show up and how active it is.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #81
MJDisFamCruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgura View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to a "pay it forward" from another Diser...we are officially on the Christmas cruise! We are looking forward to the FE, I will PM my info. We've been fortunate enough to make this a tradition so I can share a few things about the X-Mas cruise.

Most special events, you need to sign up at guest services: some of them have a small fee
Santa in the atrium X-Mas morning, along with cookies and hot chocolate, and fake snow
Ship decorated

Things to make it festive, bring a tiny tree for your room, Christmas magnets, use stockings or holiday bags for your FE holder, wear your Santa hat on boarding day and to the dis-meet. In addition to your tip, bring a small wrapped gift for your room host.

I think that does it!
Jill
Wow that sounds like so much fun! Do you know whether there is a fee for the gingerbread house decorating? I think I read to sign up as soon as we get on the ship for this activity...also, is it just for a certain age group or can anyone participate?

June 26-30, 2000 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 26-July 3, 2004 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
June 24-28, 2007 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
May 30-June 4, 2010 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
November 19-26, 2011 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 22-27, 2012 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Dream
July 30-August 6, 2012 7-Night Alaskan Cruise Disney Wonder
December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 29-April 6, 2013 8-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 15-22, 2013 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy
March 28-31, 2014 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
May 24-June 2, 2014 9-Night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder

September 27-October 4, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

MJDisFamCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #82
sinnika
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgura View Post
Hi Everyone,

Ship decorated

I think that does it!
Jill
Thanks for all the tips about the Christmas cruise! Makes it even more exciting!!! Your name sounds familiar. Did you sail on the May 2010 Med cruise or the repo cruise to Dover following it? Or the late June 2011 Med cruise?
This is our first holiday cruise. We are also sailing over Halloween so our two favorite holidays will be spent with the mouse!
sinnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #83
jgura
Discruiser

Replies

Yes, anyone can participate in the gingerbread decorating. I think it was free, it is one per family or stateroom If it did cost, it was less than $20.00
You cannot bring the house off the ship with you, because it is food. The gumdrops are the only tasty part of the house though.

Hi Sinnika, yes I believe we have cruised together before! I know we have shared information together on the 2010 cruise. Looking forward to this one, maybe we can put a face to name this time!

If I can ever conquer getting pictures up, I'll share some from the past XMas cruise.

Jill
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #84
Zyla2000
Earning My Ears

FE Information

Good Evening Everyone!

My husband and I are getting so excited for our cruise! We aren't traveling with any children, but would like to participate in the FE exchange.

Kayla (30)
Jeff (32)

We haven't been assigned a room number yet, but we have a 'Navigator's Viranda' room. I'll update that info as soon as we get it.

We LOVE Donald Duck!

Thanks!
Zyla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #85
kimwhitt93
Mouseketeer

FE on Magic Christmas Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsc View Post
The official FE list

PM or post your information and I will add you to the list. Let's spread the Christmas MAGIC during our Christmas cruise! Let's try to finalize the list by December 1st.

Felicia-dfsc (42), DH (49), DS (8), DD (12) / room: GTY

Shannon (39), DD (16), DD (12), DS (14) / room: GTY

mickeymo (Monica) DH (john), DD - Maggie (15), DS - Mike (18)/ room: 6112
Brian, Mariella, Matt (11)/ room 6114

theeighthdwarf - Room 8504 Dh (Lee), ds10 (Anthony fav character Jack Sparrow), ds8 (Justin fav char Sorcerer Mickey)

Room 8506: (Lauri), dd12 (Sarah fav char Belle), dd4 (Kate fav char - Rapunzel and Merida).

MJDisFamCruisers, George (DH), Gina, DD (23) - room GTY

cheesehead3: Cabin 7594, Charles (DH), Tammy (DW), Zachary (DS) 19

kidz dream: Rosie, DH (OZZY), DS (11yrs), DD (6yrs) - room #?????
We would like to participate in the FE. We have 2 rooms.

7629 DH(Mike) and DS(18 Brandon)

7627 Me(Kim), DD(11 MaryBeth), DS(5 Connor)

Thank you for doing this. I have only been on one Disney cruise but it was 13 years ago and i don't remember seeing this. I'm trying to figure all of this out.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #86
dfsc
Mouseketeer

FE update

I have updated the FE list - post #65. Please check your information.

I have changed the finalization date to November 24th, per the request of a diser.

Welcome Kimwhitt93, Zyla2000, and jgura to the MAGICAL Christmas FE exchange.
dfsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #87
gizmoliz
Earning My Ears

dfsc - thanks so much for organising the FE, it sounds like so much fun.

We would love to participate too, please add us to the list.

Cabin: 6542, gizmoliz - Nick (DH), Liz (Me!), Hamish (DS 7 loves Cars movies), Philippa (DD 4 loves princesses).

We still haven't told the kids that we will be travelling to the US this December/January - trying to keep the excitement confined to as short a period as possible.

Is it OK to include food in FE gifts (I have some traditional Australian cookies in mind)?

Liz
gizmoliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #88
theeighthdwarf
Earning My Ears

Welcome

Welcome! How exciting to surprise your kids!! Have they been on a Disney cruise before ? I have 4 kids - one 4year old girl and a 8year old boy as well as a 10 and 12 year old. We haven't told our kids yet either - I need to figure out when and how.
I'm not sure if our group has set up any official FE rules, usually anything is fine.

Lauri

[QUOTE=gizmoliz;46388442

We would love to participate too, please add us to the list.

Cabin: 6542, gizmoliz - Nick (DH), Liz (Me!), Hamish (DS 7 loves Cars movies), Philippa (DD 4 loves princesses).

We still haven't told the kids that we will be travelling to the US this December/January - trying to keep the excitement confined to as short a period as possible.

Is it OK to include food in FE gifts (I have some traditional Australian cookies in mind)?

Liz[/QUOTE]
theeighthdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #89
kimwhitt93
Mouseketeer

Elf on a Shelf

Chippy our Elf on a shelf will be traveling with us. Will there be any other Elf's creating mischief on the Magic?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #90
jgura
Discruiser

X-Mas Meet

Yes, food items are good Fe gifts. If anyone has a serious allergy to something, you may want to add it to your name or just give the gift to your host.

Our elf on the shelf will be joining us too. I've seen some with tiny mouse ears on or a tiny santa hat.

We need to organize a meet on boarding day. How does Promenade Lounge on deck 3 at 2:30 sound?
I know rooms are usually ready at 1:00
Deck party 4ish
Safety Drill ???

For the newbies; at the meet you of course have time to put a face to a name and get to know each other. The kids have time to meet each other as well. You also need to bring any stateroom changes to the meet if you are in the FE exchange. We will need to know where to deliver your gift. You do not need to be in the FE to come to the meet.
Jill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: