Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #31
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

We very sadly bypassed Nemo because there wasn't enough time before our lunch adr and we wanted to do new things so we decided to look for the yeti( I have to say i really don't understand how my 7 yr old is tall enough for everest and space mountain but not primeval whirl,it kinda bums me out)

Hailey nervous about "the broken ride" as she calls it

getting ready to ride

the before shot(which will be very different from the after shot,so remember this smile)

going up

as you can see from this and other pics i not only packed different outfits but I also packed myself multiple chin options

what a view too bad its blurry

I loved every bit of this

and the after shot UH OH!!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #32
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up my first dis tr and no readers ohwell!!!!

so after everest which is now a new fave for me we met back up with my mom and riley because we had a lunch adr to go at Yak and Yeti.

Let me just say this place does not get enough credit it was one of the best meals of my trip.

here we are just goofing around...

oh then we took pics to try n trick daddy with when we got back home ,but he knew it was rootbeer

cheers!

then we ordered and eventhough I really wanted the lettuce cups i let my mom choose and she got the dim sum basket,I'm sure others would like it but I'm fussy when it comes to pork.I forgot to take the lid off Oops.

I ordered the steak and shrimp and omg it was amazing one of the best steaks it was tied with the one i had at le Cellier later in the week.

then for dessert I got the fried wontons,by this point i felt myself getting full but it was so good I became somewhat of a glutton.I ate alot more of this than I should've just because it was that good.OMG yum!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I fell in love with yak and yeti and I will definitely be back,my food was great,srevice excellent and the atmosphere was beautiful.I loved the theming and had to take a few more pics as we left.

my pics don't do it justice but i'm no photographer.After lunch we went to the everest store,i'm sure it has a name but i never checked.Anyway I fell in love with the yeti merch,it's super cute especially the hats.

i'm definitely buying one next time,I don't care how rediculous i'll look!

we went on khali river rapids but i had left my water proof camera back in our room cause i'm that bright! but i got a few other pics in AK.

oh hey thumper how cute are you?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #34
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

we saw a photopass person and decided to go for it.

I found 2 really cute dresses in ak and i'm not the dress type usually but I loved them.I am more of a separate pieces girl I'd rather wear a skirt and top than full dress but I bit the bullet

Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #36
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm signing on Cheekypoppins.

Looks like the girls had some great interaction with the Stepsisters!

HOORAY welcome i'm just about to add more !!!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #37
Irishdisneylover
Earning My Ears

Hey I'm joining in!

Loving the pics so far. The face paint looks awesome!!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #38
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

so when I last left off we were in AK and the we had wandered around here n there trying to avoid the parade so we could make our escape,I knew long before that our lunch adr and dinner adr were most likely too close together but i was hopeful that we'd work ourselves up to being hungry enough (that didn't happen)we left Ak and headed for the buses with far too much time to kill.The 4 of us got on a bus to Saratoga Springs...it's sooo pretty..........

we wandered around taking pics and killing time

I would like to stay here sometime but i'm not a DVC member so i don't know if thats possible or not

then it was time for our adr but we were still stuffed so although it broke my heart I had to go and cancel The Turf Club (insert tears here)

Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #39
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishdisneylover View Post
Hey I'm joining in!

Loving the pics so far. The face paint looks awesome!!

YAYYYY welcome

Old 10-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #40
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

so the plan was to get a boat over downtown Disney and so thats what we did and while we waited we of course entertained ourselves with the camera(my kids love taking their own pics with it,so as long as they wear the wrist strap I let them at it)

Say hello to my little friend.....

oh look there it is "I'm gonna touch the butt"

then we got closer to DTD....

and closer GASP!!!!!! Where was the Characters in Flight???? i wanted to do this so bad with ry

(no worries it would make it's return later and i've got pics of it's replacement,its just sad that when it came back Riley wasn't with me so we never got to do it)

and we made it to Marketplace

Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #41
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

so i just took pics of random things in the stores...cause thats what i do at DTD

Hey duffy you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind hey Duffy

and here is a pic of the section that i never buy anything from because hubby is a disney grump and won't let me disney up our van BOOOOOO!!!!!

so then we saw this cute little display and the girls fought about who could stand where so we had to take turns of course

and more randoms

Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #42
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Hey Cheeky! I am stilll here, I just normally take the weekends off from the Dis! BTW~ you missed a comment from me that I posted right after your Pirates and Pals Cruise post...go check it out!

We love Yak and Yeti!!! Their food is so fresh and delicious...and don't even get me started on those fried wontons....out of this world GOOD!!!!!

Your girls had so many costumes and changes of clothes, I cannot even imagine how many bags you brought with you. But, they do look so cute in each one of them, and I bet they felt extra special!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #43
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

okay so I hate it when ppl at Disney have bad manners,everyone there has paid alot to be there and regardless of what you spent or how much you think you are entitled to something no one there is more important than the next person,part of the reason this really gets me is because I have read too many times where people complain about the lack of parenting in WDW.It gets on my nerves because I do my best to stay on top of mine and make sure that they behave and respect others,I'm not a stroller ramming kind,I don't let my kids climb all over things and I expect them to wait their turn for things,yet there are some knitwits out there that insist on making the rest of us parents look bad so imagine how mortified I was when we saw this Mickey pumpkin.....my mom wanted our pic with it so she tells my kids to run up n go sit for a pic,while I clearly saw a line waiting,so i told her and made sure others heard me because I want it known that i am not "one of those bad parents"who doesn't care and lets their kids do whatever,then I told my girls that I know grandma told them to run over there but i noticed a line of people who were there first and we should line up and wait our turn,so they did and my Riley even appologised to those people(such a good girl) anyway here is the said pumpkin.......

and when it was our turn the family ahead of us was thankful that i had made my kids come into their place and they offered to take our pic -thank you other family

no one was behind us then so i got a shot of the girls with it too

after a million more random shots that I won't bore you with we got on the boat heading back to PORS,and the driver made me giggle when he saids we had boarded the sunset cruise and he'd be around to collect 5 dollars,I heard a man ask his wife why she didn't tell him that because all he had was plastic LOL

i tried to get a pic of the French quarter pool but it didn't turn out right if it would've it would be a beauty but sadly i got this instead

Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #44
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Girl you are going so fast, you are missing my comments!!! Check right before this post you just did... I'll wait to hear back from you.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #45
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Hey Cheeky! I am stilll here, I just normally take the weekends off from the Dis! BTW~ you missed a comment from me that I posted right after your Pirates and Pals Cruise post...go check it out!

We love Yak and Yeti!!! Their food is so fresh and delicious...and don't even get me started on those fried wontons....out of this world GOOD!!!!!

Your girls had so many costumes and changes of clothes, I cannot even imagine how many bags you brought with you. But, they do look so cute in each one of them, and I bet they felt extra special!

Oh i'm sorry you're right I did miss that,actually my other DD was going to wear a black n pink pirate costume but it was too short and I wasn't going to have her walk around with her "booty" showing lol pirate booty omg i'm corny LOL.Yeah we brought alot of stuff to change into for diffderent occasions but also because it's so hot in september that you can only wear the big pouffy dresses for so long and still survive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: