Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #1201
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thank you, jecskc for posting your photos of VWL. I'm going to add a link to your photos in the VWL section on the first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Life has been a bit hectic the past few months. We rarely get offered overtime in my job so when we did I took full advantage. The overtime ended yesterday and I suddenly realized I am moving to a new house on 11/1 and going to WDW and the WL on 11/11.

Lots and lots of stress with the moving, but getting to walk into the Lodge in just about a month is going to make the whole world right again.
How exciting, but you have a lot on your plate right now. You'll feel much more relaxed once you arrive back home at WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegRaeWhay View Post
Kook, please add us to the Lodgers Log 9/21 - 9/27! We can't wait.
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
Ooh, what's the Lodgers Log? We're booked for 9/13-9/21.
It's the last section of the first page of the thread. I list who will being staying at WDW and their dates. It's purely voluntary and you don't even have to be staying at WL, but most are. I'll add you, too
Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #1202
mslhb
Mouseketeer

Couple of room questions. We are finally less then 60 days out so I have started thinking about packing! What are the hair dryers in the room like. Are they real dryers or on the wall Holiday Inn Express-like. I try not to have to pack one if I don't have to. Also what about outlets. Are there a decent number that are easy to get to. Like every one else we have a million electronic devices and wondering if bringing a power strip is worth it. Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #1203
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhb View Post
Couple of room questions. We are finally less then 60 days out so I have started thinking about packing! What are the hair dryers in the room like. Are they real dryers or on the wall Holiday Inn Express-like. I try not to have to pack one if I don't have to. Also what about outlets. Are there a decent number that are easy to get to. Like every one else we have a million electronic devices and wondering if bringing a power strip is worth it. Thanks!
We didn't use the hair dryer, but it wasn't on the wall, it was in a bag under the sink.

As for outlets, we found there were plenty for the iPad, 2 iPhones, an iPod touch and a laptop...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #1206
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Alright all my WL experts....need some advice. We recently had to change our reservation dates and were not able to get the same woods view room and instead are booked in a courtyard view. It was worth the upcharge to make the dates work for us. But now my room location request doesn't apply and I need to know what I should be asking for. Any suggestions for BB CV room locations?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #1207
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

So sad...DH and I decided that we'd make a quickie trip next month when we were already scheduled to be off for a long weekend. Went to book the WL and couldn't figure why it was sold-out. And then realized ALL of Disney was sold-out. Yep, Veterans Day weekend and end of F&W. So, no trip for us!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #1208
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Just got home last night and we had a wonderful trip! The WL was amazing and we cld see wishes from our balcony. Wasn't too busy at all. It was very sad to say goodbye.
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #1209
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation
So sad...DH and I decided that we'd make a quickie trip next month when we were already scheduled to be off for a long weekend. Went to book the WL and couldn't figure why it was sold-out. And then realized ALL of Disney was sold-out. Yep, Veterans Day weekend and end of F&W. So, no trip for us!
Try again tomorrow night when the system comes back up. I tried 3 times to move my WL trip and twice WL showed as sold out, 3rd time it finally popped up! Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #1210
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Try again tomorrow night when the system comes back up. I tried 3 times to move my WL trip and twice WL showed as sold out, 3rd time it finally popped up! Good luck!!!

Yes, very true! I tried 3 times to add a day but nothing
Showed up. On the 4th time it came up. You just need to
Keep trying. Good Luck!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #1211
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Alright all my WL experts....need some advice. We recently had to change our reservation dates and were not able to get the same woods view room and instead are booked in a courtyard view. It was worth the upcharge to make the dates work for us. But now my room location request doesn't apply and I need to know what I should be asking for. Any suggestions for BB CV room locations?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We love the inner courtyard view. We had one with bunkbeds on the sixth floor of the south wing, I think the room was 6157. Fantastic view! You could see from the lobby area on the left to the lake on the right. Also, you could see the top of the Contemporary (California Grill). Only "complaint" was having loud people in the pool after midnight. I used it as an excuse to sit out on the balcony on watch their shenanigans.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #1212
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

FYI: The WDW online reservation system will be down from 5:00 October 8 to the evening of October 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhb View Post

JK, those are in the bathroom next to ol' River Country. Here are the ones at WL:

It's located underneath the sink:

There are plenty of outlets. The table in the room has a power strip on top (behind that card):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Don't give-up, they aren't at 100% occupancy. Keep checking online after tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Just got home last night and we had a wonderful trip! The WL was amazing and we cld see wishes from our balcony. Wasn't too busy at all. It was very sad to say goodbye.
Welcome back!

Quote:

Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #1213
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Re-subbing!

WL and AKL are my favorite resorts. Sadly I am not staying at either anytime soon ,,,,

HOwever, I am going to live vicariously through all of you!!!

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #1214
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
FYI: The WDW online reservation system will be down from 5:00 October 8 to the evening of October 9.

JK, those are in the bathroom next to ol' River Country. Here are the ones at WL:

It's located underneath the sink:

There are plenty of outlets. The table in the room has a power strip on top (behind that card):

Don't give-up, they aren't at 100% occupancy. Keep checking online after tonight

Welcome back!

kook! that first hairdryer pic made me spit out my coffee!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #1215
chimommy
Mouseketeer

Which room view can you see wishes... Wood view or lake view... Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: