DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
GBPackers
Earning My Ears

Which resort is best for me?

I am a newbie to this forum, but not to WDW. We have been there 2 times in the past 3 years with 2kids. Well, now we have 3 kids and are looking to go back next Oct 2013. The kids will be 9, 6, and 2. Since hearing listening to DVC agent walk through have done the breakdown through several spreadsheets of DVC purchase through Disney. But I am considering resale, simply due to the cost.

I am looking into DVC for the obvious reasons, a) for the extra room needed with a family of 5, b) long term investment knowing we will be going back a lot. We took the tour at SSR with our 1st trip 3 years ago. I thought it was nice, along with the BAy Lake and Animal Kingdom rooms. But here are the biggest questions for me, and I know these have probably been answered throughout these boards, and maybe someone can post the links I need:

1) Which Resort is great for a family with younger kids, but also for when they get into the teen years? Does it really make a difference? It appears a place like SSR has much better pricing than Animal and Bay Lake in resale market. Why is that? I understand location, but in the end, I want a place to enjoy and relax where the kids can have fun. In other words, biggest bank for buck?

2) is there a breakdown of ownership perks listed somewhere that shows buying through Disney vs Resale? Honestly, I am never going on the Disney Cruise as my spouse has a fear of boats. Which makes me think resale is the way to go. Is there something i am missing making it a better option to buy from Disney? Too bad can't get 0%. On Disney visa through resale.

3) how many points would you recommend purchasing at the start? Again we have come down 2 times in 3 years, and realistically, not sure if we would be able to come down 3 times a year. Possibly 2 times to take advantage of a season pass, but may not happen. Airfare for 5 people ain't cheap!

I appreciate any feedback or points in right direction.
GBPackers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: