Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #316
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to you and Alex! May you have a healthy and happy pregnancy. I kinda suspected that's what your news was. You look wonderful!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #317
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Holy cow! I missed your news! A very huge congratulations to you both!!!
April 18th is my father's birthday =)
Thanks!
we have so many family members who have birthdays around April 18th; everyone keeps telling us we need to push the date forward or backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleinpink View Post
having known the two of you for as long as I have this is just hard to wrap my head around. Lol. But like I told you on Facebook I am soooooo happy for the two of you... I'm calling it now, you're having a girl. Because I need to know more people with girls. Everyone I know has had boys.

It's a little crazy when you think about it. I can still remember hanging out with him when I was 15. But we're really excited, and who knows what'll happen with you and Tim once he gets back from his deployment....

Everyone I know has girls, so we both desperately want a boy, but almost everyone has bets down on a girl. If that's the case, I'm screwed when it comes to Disney budgets...BBB anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Congratulations to you and Alex! May you have a healthy and happy pregnancy. I kinda suspected that's what your news was. You look wonderful!
Thank you! So far I've been one of those lucky few that haven't had any terrible symptoms. Just a little food aversion, and I tend to take a short nap in the afternoon.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #318
amazingact21
Upendi

Back at Home

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm back from my weekend trip to WDW.
Alex and I already miss it terribly, and we keep mentioning how 3 nights is just a tease. I'm hoping to counteract my post-Disney blues by catching up on everyones PTRs and TRs. I've fallen behind! And hopefully push out an update myself.

This trip was a new experience for us, and I have to say, I was proven very wrong. I thought with it being so early on in my pregnancy nothing other than the no drinking and the no coasters would change. I ended up being very mistaken and ended up causing myself to be sick half the night.

We had some major ups and some major downs, but all in all we loved the opportunity to visit the parks for a few days and take a quick break from reality. We even got to hang out with the husband of one of the couples we befriended on our cruise last year.

I'm thinking I'm going to do 4 little updates on the trip, one for each day, just to touch on the highlights. I can't make them too long because I only took 150 pictures. That, for me, is usually an afternoon's worth. But, as I said, things were different this time around.

I will say the best part of the trip, by far, was Epcot 30th. Alex and I got there pretty early, so we didn't have to stand in line for very long at any entrance, and the look on Alex's face when he bought all the special limited edition merchandise was priceless. To say he was like a kid in a candy shop would be an understatement.

All right, I'm off to play catch-up! Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good week so far!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #319
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh no, I'm sorry you were sick on your weekend! I'm glad though that you still were able to take a break from everything.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #320
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about EPCOT 30.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #321
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you we're sick, but I really would love to hear about Epcot30, I wanted to be there for it so much!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #322
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back! Glad to hear you had a great time, but sorry you ended up getting sick. That's a bummer.

I have to agree with you that 3 days REALLY IS a tease.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #323
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh no, I'm sorry you were sick on your weekend! I'm glad though that you still were able to take a break from everything.

I take responsibility for getting sick while there; I way overdid it one day and learned my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about EPCOT 30.

Epcot's 30th was fun! And now that Alex knows what it's all about, I expect we'll be back for MK's 50th and Epcot's 40th eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you we're sick, but I really would love to hear about Epcot30, I wanted to be there for it so much!

Oh, it must've been annoying knowing you were there just a week or so before the celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Welcome Back! Glad to hear you had a great time, but sorry you ended up getting sick. That's a bummer.

I have to agree with you that 3 days REALLY IS a tease.

Alex and I hated having to leave so quickly, but we were grateful for the time we got. Plus, we are most likely taking a day trip to the parks in December, so we knew we'd be back soon.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #324
amazingact21
Upendi

I Wish Every Night Could End this Way

This week completely snuck by me, and so I’m sorry I’m not getting around to posting an update until today. I thought for sure I’d have had more free time than I actually did!

May 6th Night—the Wee Hours of the Morning:

My last update left Alex, my mom, and I leaving Haunted Mansion at a little past midnight. The park was virtually empty by that point, and I think my mom was starting to lose most of her steam.

I was more than content with what we’d been able to accomplish during our EMH, so I told everyone we’d just walk around to Fantasyland and cut through the castle to get to Main Street. I wanted to see as much of the Magic Kingdom as I could while it was dark and quiet.

We turned the corner into Fantasyland, and I saw a beautiful sight.

Nobody was at Peter Pan’s Flight!

There were one or two guests waiting by the turnstile to get onto the moving walkway, but that was it!

“Guys, we have to do Peter Pan! An empty queue like that doesn’t come around very often.”

I mean, even at last year’s MNSSHP, the wait time stayed at 40 minutes for the duration of the party.

My mom and Alex didn’t really care one way or the other, so they followed me into the queue line.

This is the where the line ended:

Wonderful, isn’t it???

It really does pay to stay until the very end of magic hours. At least, that was case when it was still 3 hours long; not sure what it’ll be like when the hours are cut.

One of my favorite things about Peter Pan’s Flight are the ships. I love the coloring and the design and how they just look like they’ll provide you with a smooth journey.

Whenever I walk by the attraction with no intention of riding, I just catch a quick glimpse of the vehicles, and I’m happy.

I know.

I like the weirdest things.

The three of us took our quick trip to Neverland, and when we were back on our feet, I decided not to torture my party with any more last minute rides. It was time to make our way out of the park.

We walked by Philarmagic and got an amazing view of the castle.

No matter morning or night, rain or shine, cold or hot, the castle still captures my attention.

We made it to the back, and I exclaimed, “WAIT! We have to take some pictures!”

Nobody looked very happy, but the more I talked about not getting very many opportunities to be in the park with very few guests around, the more they resigned themselves to my antics.

I wanted to take some more, because I wasn’t satisfied with those, but other guests were starting to join us, and they were all being nice and stopping to let us take our photo. I felt like it’d be rude to keep blocking their way, so we ventured into the castle.

As you can see, Alex was getting pretty fed up with my camera happy self:

When I walked out of the castle, I took a look around me and couldn’t believe how nice MK was lit up at night.

Main Street just looked so cozy and restive. Settling itself in before the hustle and bustle that comprises a Magic Kingdom morning.

And the castle itself looked just as glorious:

I wanted to stand there forever, soaking up the hub and how silent the whole area was. I’d been there at 1 o’clock in the morning before, during the holidays, but that was when the EMH lasted until 3am, so there was still plenty of noise and groups roaming around.

I’d never seen Magic Kingdom when it was that asleep before.

It was great.

The three of us were making our way towards Main Street, getting one last long look at the castle…

When over the speakers came the announcement that Magic Kingdom was officially closed.

Whoa.

I’d never actually managed to stay through an entire extra magic hour night and make it until the very end before. I felt like I’d checked off a mental Disney To-Do list.

And knowing what Alex and I know now, I’m especially grateful to have lasted the whole time on this trip. I have a feeling our days of staying out until the wee hours of the morning, running from ride to ride are over for awhile. In a couple years, we’ll become experts on perfecting the morning EMHs and be dozing when the nighttime ones roll around.

It was fun to experience the closing of the park a few months ago, and now I remember it with even more nostalgia. I could tell when it was happening that it’d be something the two of us would look back on and go, “Remember when we stayed in Magic Kingdom until 1am and we rode all our favorite rides?”

The whole night, from eating dinner at Kona, to meeting a DISboard member, to riding some of the headlining attractions with no wait was fantastic. And what made it twice as nice was the fact that I was able to show my mom a side of Disney she’d never seen before.

We walked past the infamous bird spot, and my mom managed to laugh about the incident, swearing she’d never go near that tree again.

The three of us left the park:

Goodnight Magic Kingdom, sleep well!

We grabbed a ferry back to the TTC:

And walked towards the Heroes tram line. We were the only three standing there, and we watched with a little bit of confusion as 2 Villains tram came and went.

Huh…

Eventually, Alex got impatient and went over to the Villains tram driver and asked if a Heroes tram would be arriving anytime soon.

The driver informed Alex that due to the few cars left in the lot, they had stopped running a tram to the Heroes lot.

Wow.

The driver was nice, though, and called someone to come pick us up in a van and take us to our car.

After waiting for about five more minutes, our chariot arrived:

The driver was super nice and told us when we climbed aboard that there were only 5 or 6 cars left in the entire lot, so they decided to just drive the remaining guests straight out to their vehicle.

Has anyone else had that happen before???

Sure enough, when we approached our car, we saw that there really were no cars left.

It was kind of freaky, seeing the lot so empty.

We thanked our driver multiple times for giving us a lift, and he waited to make sure our car started fine before leaving. Really a nice guy.

The whole car incident made all three of us laugh. Who’d have thought you could outlast the Disney trams??

And to make it to the point where you were one of the very last people to leave the Heroes Parking Lot....

Well, it sounded like an accomplishment to me.

Up Next…My Mom Discovers Her Favorite Ride at WDW

Old 10-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #325
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I absolutely adore the Magic Kingdom at night. I actually prefer most of the Disney parks at night. They have this kind of magic about them after the sun sets.

You are so right...you NEVER get Peter Pan with that empty of a line.

That's weird about the tram though. I've never heard of that happening before.

It really sounds like it was a great ending to a great day.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #326
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those 3am pictures of the Magic Kingdom are pretty amazing. Wow! They really are magical.

Score on the empty Peter Pan's flight. I wouldn't be able to pass that up either.

Note to self: Do not leave car in Heros lot if I ever attend EMH to 3am!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #327
wakica
DIS Veteran

LOL, wow, I can't beleive you only took 150 pics on your trip. I'm thinking it might be a whole different kind of fun not hassling with the camera all the time though hey??

Also amazed you made it to the end of EMH night!! WOW!!! But good for you and glad you did it and had such a good time. I agree with you - it's HARD to pass by a ride and not stop when there is next to no line!!! I mean - how often does that happen????? lol

Me dh dd(16)
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #328
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww, your whole night sounds like it was such an awesome memory. I'm glad yall will have that to look back on!

That's really weird about the trams! Hahaha, who knew? At least they don't just make you walk, because that would just be mean.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #329
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

What a great night at MK, I only made it to the end of EMH once, it was pretty magical. I love looking at everything with the sun down and the lights on, gives everything a whole new slant!
And no wait at Peter Pan!? Wow, I would have stopped too!
How funny that your tram stopped because there were no cars left in the lot!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #330
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I was sorry to read that you got sick during your weekend...

but I'm glad you got a chance to get away... you're future trips are going to be different for quite a while... awesome but different...

(btw it's a little hard to get used to be pregnant... especially when you're in good shape and used to be able to go, go, go... I remember crushing fatigue and lots of ummm...morning sickness which wasn't always in the morning... but a lot of woman get a real lift in the second trimester -and the nausea and fatigue subside and you feel awesome ... ummm until towards the end...but through months 4 through 7 you can be super productive......)

Your nighttime pictures of MK are really special... I haven't seen many if any of pictures of the park that empty and all lit up... it looks ethereal... what a great memory and

no line for Peter Pan...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: