DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Non-expiring Option on Tickets?

My DD bought 6 day MYW PH tickets w/waterpark option. They are currently at SSR, leaving Saturday the 8th. She still has 4 days left on the tickets and they only used 1 waterpark day. They discovered that they really like the pools at SSR.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade the remaining days to non-expiring?
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Nennie
Insert funny comment here!

I don't know the price off the top of my head (although I'm sure someone else will be able to post that for you), but if she is going to upgrade to non-expiring, she might as well upgrade it to a 10 day at the same time, that will turn the ticket into a 16 day ticket (10 parks, 6 water parks), and it's not that much more money to go from 6 day to 10 day!

Even better (if she is going back this year) would be to upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass, which is on sale for $399 (if she's a DVC member).

Trips since we joined DVC (and upcoming trips too!)
10/05 - Beach Club Villas;1/06 - Beach Club Villas; 9/06 - Beach Club Villas
1/07 - Beach Club Villas; 5/07 - Beach Club Villas;9/07 - Beach Club Villas
5/08 - Boardwalk Villas; 5/09 - Boardwalk Villas (Baby's first trip!);5/09 - Boardwalk Villas (Baby's second trip! LOL!)
9/09 - Bay Lake Tower;9/10 - POP (3 nights FD) followed by Beach Club Villas
1/11 - Beach Club Villas; 5/11 Boardwalk; 9/11 - Beach Club Villas; 9/12 Bay Lake Tower
12/12 Saratoga; 1/13 Beach Club; 7/13 Offsite; 9/13 Beach Club
Nennie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
My DD bought 6 day MYW PH tickets w/waterpark option. They are currently at SSR, leaving Saturday the 8th. She still has 4 days left on the tickets and they only used 1 waterpark day. They discovered that they really like the pools at SSR.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade the remaining days to non-expiring?
On a 6 day ticket, it would cost $165 to add the NE option. If she uses no more entitlements for the rest of her stay, she would have 4 park days and 5 WP&M entries remaining.

ETA: If she upgrades to a 10 day ticket as PP suggests, it would cost $275 for the NE option PLUS the amount of the 6 to 10 upgrade.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nennie View Post
I don't know the price off the top of my head (although I'm sure someone else will be able to post that for you), but if she is going to upgrade to non-expiring, she might as well upgrade it to a 10 day at the same time, that will turn the ticket into a 16 day ticket (10 parks, 6 water parks), and it's not that much more money to go from 6 day to 10 day!

Even better (if she is going back this year) would be to upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass, which is on sale for $399 (if she's a DVC member).
Thanks. No, not a DVC member yet although I think this trip has pushed her over the edge.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
On a 6 day ticket, it would cost $165 to add the NE option. If she uses no more entitlements for the rest of her stay, she would have 4 park days and 5 WP&M entries remaining.

ETA: If she upgrades to a 10 day ticket as PP suggests, it would cost $275 for the NE option PLUS the amount of the 6 to 10 upgrade.
She has 5 tickets to upgrade. 3 adult and 2 kids. I might mention that 10 day option to her, it may be a good investment. Thanks for the info!!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
kyle051777
Mouseketeer

Ya, we have always used the no expiration tickets. My wife and I purchased the non-expiring tickets for our honeymoon 10 years ago. We just finished using them last year.
We are planning on going at least once a year now that we are DVC members but we can get 3-4 vacations out of each pass. I think for a 10 day no-expiration and fun visits it breaks down to $35 per day.
kyle051777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
ldo
DIS Veteran

it is certainly worth upgrading to the 10 day. Given that they only used 2 park days and 1 WP day, they could easily get 3 more trips out of those tickets, esp. if they like to spend time at DVC pools, community halls for the kids, etc. We typically only go to the parks 2 days and 1 day WP&M in 1 weeklong stay, b/c there are so many other things to do.
She must upgrade within 14 days of 1st use of tickets--so before she leaves WDW.
ldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
Disneypapa
OKW owner since 2002

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've used the non-expiring option of tickets before and really like it, since it drives down the per day cost of visiting the parks. Only negative is keeping up (not losing) with the tickets.
Disneypapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneypapa View Post
I've used the non-expiring option of tickets before and really like it, since it drives down the per day cost of visiting the parks. Only negative is keeping up (not losing) with the tickets.
I used to do the 10 day NE, but the NE option now costs so much (same combined cost as (2) 5 day hoppers) that you have to guarantee you will get 3+ trips out of each ticket spanning more than 366 days apart for the NE option to make any sense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: