Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #856
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Yes, we used to TiW discount. However if you have had your credit card charged already, they have to refund the difference back onto your CC.
Thanks! How long ago was that? I sent TIW a message and got an email back saying that you can't use the card for specialty cakes or in-room dining.

i'm not sure if the CC was charged or not. My boyfriend called yesterday to place the order so I'll call back today and see if the card was charged and if not, add TIW to the bill.

Thanks!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #857
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Thanks! How long ago was that? I sent TIW a message and got an email back saying that you can't use the card for specialty cakes or in-room dining.

i'm not sure if the CC was charged or not. My boyfriend called yesterday to place the order so I'll call back today and see if the card was charged and if not, add TIW to the bill.

Thanks!!!
We used it in early February this year. The CC will be charged the day the cake is going to be delivered, sometimes it's done the day before.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #858
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

ordered a mini anniversary cake for my kids yesterday (they both have exams the week before we leave). Spoke to the Y&B number. They were very helpful and I have asked for redvelvet mini cake with the mickey stampers on the outside and the message 'keep up the hard work'. Apparently there is an increase in cost if you don't have the vanilla or chocolate or marble sponge but he couldn't quote me at the time and said they will email me to confirm a price. We are having it delivered to our room on the Tuesday of our stay (our only day off-site at Seaworld so I'm hoping it will be placed there in the afternoon as requested and be there when we get back.) Will post pictures when we return.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #859
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodls01 View Post
Thank you, Lurkyloo! Your information and suggestions worked for us last yr. and Trails End was the only restaurant we could work into our schedule and we really wanted to celebrate the birthdays with the slipper dessert.

You're the best!
I'm so glad to help - can't wait to see what you get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
Hi cake experts! I will be at Disney this spring for my DD's birthdays (twins turning 9). We are having an early dinner at Sanaa, then an Illuminations cruise.

Where should we do cake? At Sanaa? Or on the cruise? It's different bakeries--AKL or Yacht Club. I'm torn. . .
Yacht Club has more capability for fancy cakes but usually charges more than any other bakery, if that helps... Also, people have reported having more difficulty communicating with AKL.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #860
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer

I'm in need of some cake expert advice! My husband and I got married at disney last Christmas and are finally able to celebrate our honeymoon this Christmas. I would like a mini re-creation of our cake. Would this be possible to have delivered to our room at AofA or at Rose and Crown in EPCOT?

Many thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #861
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Yacht and Beach Club would be making the cake - I believe you would call AoA for it though. From what I have read (link - cake options by location), fancy fondant cakes are not delivered to Rose and Crown.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post44638582

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Disneymoon - May 2016 - Star Wars Weekends

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #862
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

Question

How do I post pictures of the cake that Chef Brian made for us?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #863
lurkyloo

Upload the pictures to a photo-sharing site like Photobucket, or to the DISBoards' community photo gallery. These sites will generate various types of code for each photo. You want the code surrounded by [IMG] tags. Copy the entire code, including the [IMG] tags, and paste it into a post here.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #864
lurkyloo

Here's the cake I ordered for kicks at Art of Animation last week.

Ordering Process:
I called their cake hotline (407-938-3686) and got the contact's email address, then sent her photos of a mini cake made by the Grand Floridian for Disney Weddings' last bridal showcase, plus the flavors and my Art of Animation reservation number. She conferred with the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery, which handles the fancy cake orders for Art of Animation, and sent back the price.

Date: 10/1/2012. Cake was delivered to the Art of Animation room at 9:30pm while I was at Epcot's 30th anniversary fireworks. It arrived in a bakery box with two candles taped to the top, plus paper plates and napkins.

Cost: $40 plus tax

Flavors: White cake with chocolate-peanut butter cup filling and chocolate butter cream frosting under the fondant.

Appearance: The mini cake was exquisitely crafted—an exact replica of the one made by the Grand Floridian, right down to the sugar crystals on the pumpkin leaves. The little fondant pumpkins were so glossy and perfectly shaped... I could hardly bear to cut into the thing!

Taste: The cake was so moist it was almost oozing but had a very grainy texture. The peanut butter cup filling did not have a very discernible peanut butter taste, but that could be due to the small scale of the cake. The chocolate frosting was good but had to be scraped off the inside of the fondant. Unlike the white fondant on the mini cake I got at the Grand Floridian last year, this blue fondant did not have the tasty, pillowy, marshmallowy texture—it was more chewy and less flavorful, I'm guessing due to adding the color and working the fondant more.

(For scale—this thing was TINY!)

Old 10-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #865
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

Thanks lurkyloo! I'll get on photobucket as soon as I get the oldest home from preschool!

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
Old 10-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #866
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

First thanks to everyone in this thread for all the info, especially lurkyloo without her there would be no thread!

We had our cake on September 22, 2012 at Chef Mickey's for dinner (a very late dinner). It was our first dinner at Disney and the kid's first trip ever so I decided that we NEEDED a cake to celebrate after reading this thread.

I emailed with Chef Brian and told him I wanted an 8 inch chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and a 2D chocolate cutout of the Castle with Wishes on top of the cake, with "have a magical 1st visit" written on a scroll or somewhere on the cake. I told him as long as it was chocolate and buttercream icing he had full go ahead to do whatever he wanted. I called private dining at the Contemporary and ordered after we had confirmed everything by email and the CM there was very helpful. He quoted me $65 and that is how much it was on our bill when they brought it to the table.

This is what I got, I was VERY pleased! It tasted great! We had several people stop by our table and look at it. We kept it in our room for a few days and snacked on it. LOL

Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #867
Eeyore2142
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has been asked - will Old Key West deliver a cake to the room or will I need to pick it up at Olivia's?
POP - 10/1-10/8/05
First time to DL - 1/22-26/06
Need a DL fix - 5/14-16/06
DS's first birthday and first trip - CBR 10/28-11/4/07
First trip home! AKV 5/4-5/9/08
Second trip home - AKV 10/19-10/24/08
And every six months since...
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #868
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaB View Post
First thanks to everyone in this thread for all the info, especially lurkyloo without her there would be no thread!

Great cake! I love the fireworks on the sides! Thank you for sharing the photos and info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore2142 View Post
I apologize if this has been asked - will Old Key West deliver a cake to the room or will I need to pick it up at Olivia's?
They should be able to, but definitely confirm this with OKW when you place your order. Resorts that don't have Private Dining departments can be trickier.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #869
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Love the cake lurkyloo! It looks delicious, if not a little squishy in the inside!

I'll be ordering a cake next month for our wedding night dinner on December 10th at Jiko from AKL. I'm not setting my expectations very high, but I'm hoping for the best (and I'll probably keep the design as simple as possible). I'll report back here when we get back...
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #870
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo

Great cake! I love the fireworks on the sides! Thank you for sharing the photos and info. .
Thanks!!! I was excited and very happy with the end result! I'm not a fan of fondant, it's pretty for weddings, but it's a waste when you have two kids so I didn't want to pay extra for a "pretty" cake. My husband didn't know you could even get a specialty cake at Disney and he asked if I had ordered another for his birthday later in the week. I told him I had thought about it but decided against it. LOL Maybe next year.

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: