Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
MotherKnowsBest
Earning My Ears

Question about entering park early with dining ADR

So I thought I had everything planned out perfectly but changing park hours have foiled me again!
We have CRT ressies for 8:15am this Sunday Oct 14. When I booked it, MK opened at 9am so we were going to enter the park early for the first time ever. Obviously, the hours have now changes to an 8am open for MK.
So, how early would I be permitted to enter the park, if at all?
I tried to switch it to lunch but there is no availability as I would rather tour at 8am and eat at noon.
Thanks!
MotherKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

1) They normally let you in 15-20 minutes before the ressie.
2) So, you may or may not get in before the throng.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

I was just there at CRT and got in 30 mins before our reservation. It was an awesome experience.

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

They'll let you in for your restaurant reservation with any valid park ticket, no room key needed if it is morning extra magic hour.

Some folks say you have to go to the far left turnstile but I'm not absolutely sure.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

I feel your pain OP. That awesome 55 minutes before the park opens reservation everyone told us to get became a 5 minute after the park opens reservation due to a schedule change. And worse, they let everyone in for a rope drop at the end of main St. 20 minutes prior to opening and wouldn't let anyone in at all before that. Moreover, nobody was allowed beyond the rope. So not only didn't we get that great empty Main St., we wasted an hour of prime touring time eating. It is for this reason that I don't suggest before the park opens reservations during busy time periods. And even if everything works perfectly, you still are rushed to finish before the park opens. I'd much rather eat the latest breakfast or an early lunch and be able to enjoy the characters and my meal at my pace knowing I already have Fantasyland in my rear view before it becomes a stroller parking lot.

As to how long before your reservation they will let you in, it varies. Average is about 15 minutes. Sometimes it is longer. But It can indeed be zero. And sadly, it is much more likely to be closer to zero when your before the park opens reservation turns into an after the park opens reservation.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
snesguy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherKnowsBest View Post
So I thought I had everything planned out perfectly but changing park hours have foiled me again!
We have CRT ressies for 8:15am this Sunday Oct 14. When I booked it, MK opened at 9am so we were going to enter the park early for the first time ever. Obviously, the hours have now changes to an 8am open for MK.
So, how early would I be permitted to enter the park, if at all?
I tried to switch it to lunch but there is no availability as I would rather tour at 8am and eat at noon.
Thanks!
I feel your pain. I had a Crystal Palace reservation at 8:05 AM this Sunday and I decided to cancel it. It was to be my first MK pre-park opening experience. The same exact thing happened on my last trip which was Easter 2011 so not so surprising then because the crowds are bigger at Easter but in October? I'm disappointed again that we won't get to experience the pre-park opening. Oh well, we'll make the best of it.
snesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
MelissaTnNc
Mouseketeer

We had a ressie at CP at 8:15 and they didn't ask us what time our ressie was, just let us in. We loved being in the park early. At HS they actually checked us in at the turnstile before letting us in early for Hollywood and Vine.
May 2014 BlueGreen/SSR
MelissaTnNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

as a PP said, they don't (generally) ask you what time your reservation is scheduled. we had this same thing happen in December. we had an 8:15 reservation and they changed opening to 8 am.

my immediate and extended family got in without any issues. however, my ILs told them the time of their reservation and they were held back from entering. DH had to go get them. we barely got any pictures before the ropes were dropped and the crowds came.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

This has happened to us many times in mid-December. Just be there by 7:30 or 7:45 and you should get in with the early folks with no questions asked.

However, if you miss that initial group of early ADR folks, you'll be held back to go in with the throngs. Don't let that happen.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: