Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #196
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I missed the last few updates, but am all caught up again!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #197
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great update Brenda

Loving the photo from ToT

Keep the updates coming, it saves me from actually concentrating on work
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #198
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Great update!!
I'm with you on TSMM, I can't wait in a line that long, especially with a little one, I will be sending DF to grab some FPs! Lucky guy
Love that cupcake again!!
And loving the ToT ride photo lol! That's one of my favorite rides and I'm determined this trip to make some fun ride photos especially with the photo pass + cd!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #199
alwayspooh
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the pics on Walt's life. It has been a long time since I visited a One Man's Dream. Now that my girls older, I think they would enjoy it on our next trip.

My fav cupcake is Red Velvet and now I have a must do stop thanks to your review and great pics. With a great cup of coffee this would be a great afternoon treat!

Keep it coming I luv your report!
2001 - CSR (DD 1st trip)
2003 - PC W/MOM
2004 - CSR
2007 - ASMU (DD #2 first Disney vacation)
2008 - 1 DAY MAGIC KINGDOM FIX

Me DD12 DD7

Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #200
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I missed the last few updates, but am all caught up again!
Now if I would do the same with all my subscribed threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great update Brenda

Loving the photo from ToT

Keep the updates coming, it saves me from actually concentrating on work
Hi Linda! Glad I could provide a distraction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Great update!!
I'm with you on TSMM, I can't wait in a line that long, especially with a little one, I will be sending DF to grab some FPs! Lucky guy
Love that cupcake again!!
And loving the ToT ride photo lol! That's one of my favorite rides and I'm determined this trip to make some fun ride photos especially with the photo pass + cd!
Funny thing but I will wait longer for ToT versus TSM! If I didn't have the photopass+ I wouldn't have had so many ride photos added. But it was fun to have then added and even if they were not the greatest family portraits id helped to document our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayspooh View Post
Thank you for the pics on Walt's life. It has been a long time since I visited a One Man's Dream. Now that my girls older, I think they would enjoy it on our next trip.

My fav cupcake is Red Velvet and now I have a must do stop thanks to your review and great pics. With a great cup of coffee this would be a great afternoon treat!

Keep it coming I luv your report!
Hi alwayspooh! Thank you for joining and reading! There are so many delicious cupcakes at Starring Rolls and Sweet Spells; however, the red velvet cupcake was among the best!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #201
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

DHS Fun with Characters

Tuesday August 21, 2012: Day 4, Part 3

Short re-cap.....we had finished lunch at Sci-Fi so headed back into the park to enjoy some of our favorite rides and attractions. Tower of Terror was our first stop.

Rock ‘n Roller Coaster (RnRC) was next door so we walked over there next. The stand-by line said 40 minutes; however, it was more like 5 minutes and was practically walk on. After our “limo” successfully delivered us to the concert venue we added the ride photo to our photopass+. I also added the ride photo from the 1st night onto our account. However, I noticed when I got the photopass CD in the mail that the first photo was not loaded. Oh well. Em and I decided to go back on RnRC again since there was no wait.

1st ride photo - from our 1st nite:

2nd ride photo:

Now for some fun with characters! I had heard from some of my Dis friends about Characterpalooza at the Animation building from 4:50-5:50pm (times vary depending on when F! takes place.) Em and I had coincidently been to Characterpalooza during our second girl trip without realizing what it was. We kept going back to the Animation building the remainder of that trip and for subsequent trips and didn’t see the unique characters again. I thought what a dud this place turned out to be! Now that I know….makes a big difference to understand that I just kept going back at non Characterpalooza times.

From our 2011 Girl Trip:

So with that we entered the Animation building and saw the standard Mickey, Pooh, The Incredibles (Mr. Incredible and Frozone), and then the special characters….Hook & Smee, Meeko, and Mary Poppins with penguins. There was also the Evil Queen but she was exiting not long after we arrived.

We hopped in line for The Incredibles first. The moment we got to the front of the line Mr. Incredible challenged Michael to an arm wrestling match. It was too funny. Not sure if Michael gave it any effort but Mr. Incredible was the victor!

I'm sure Michael let him win!

Hook and Smee - Hook didn't take too kindly to my comment that I thought I heard a tick tocking...I was just looking out for him! :

Next was Meeko from Pocahontas. A couple poses with this cute critter (including a meow pose) and then we decided to leave since most of the other unique characters had already rotated out.

My best Merida imitations:

We left the Animation Courtyard and were headed to the exit when I spied a photopass dude. Michael and Em were starting to roll their eyes every time I stopped to get yet another photo. Heck, these were quality family photo opportunities – they didn’t seem to understand that!

We took the boat from DHS to the Swan hotel and walked across the bridge back to our room at the BW. One hint that we learned early on is that it is much quicker and allows me to get more steps in to hop off the boat at the Swan and simply walk the short distance back to the hotel rather than awaiting two more stops of the boat to return to Boardwalk.

We had a 7:25ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse and it was after 6:30 now so we had to hurry to shower and dress for our Signature dinner. We were cleaned up, spiffed up, and standing at the boat dock by 7:25pm. Unfortunately, the boat was taking forever and I didn’t want to be late so I talked Em and Michael into walking over to YC from the BW. Of course when we left the boat dock the boat came 2 minutes later. It was still slightly quicker to walk.

Read here for my review of our lovely Yachtsman Steahouse dinner - Part 1
and here for part 2.

Bonus photo not included in my DR: Michael's "smile"

Following dinner, Epcot was open for EMH until midnight but after the big meal, no one wanted to walk around with a full belly. We took the boat back to BW and crashed in the room. Nothing exciting to tell regarding sitting in the room watching TV while doing some laundry and packing so that we could change resorts in the morning.

Next: Bay Lake Tower Welcomes Us Home!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 12-30-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #202
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Wonderful character meets!!!

I've heard rumors of the character palooza moving outside the animation building!

I was hoping to catch it as well but I have a feeling I will forget!!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #203
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

It really is faster to walk between the stops of the Friendship boat than ride it...but it is a peaceful boat ride!

Your meal at Yachtsman - minus the goo! - looks really good!!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #204
SAT887
DIS Veteran

I never knew that about the animation building.... I will be looking out for that in December! With 2 little ones the more characters we can see at once the better! I don't know how much I can keep them in one place! Looks like a great time- every update you guys look more relaxed!!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #205
alwayspooh
Mouseketeer

Brenda I am learning new must do's on our next trip. Can't wait to stop by and visit Characterpalooza and I have always wanted to try Yachtsman Steakhouse. The petite is another fav of mine. Wow we have alot in common, good cupcakes (red velvet) and great steak.

Luv the pics especially Michael arm wrestling, Em on RNR, her expression is priceless and your Merida impression.

Can't wait for the next update when Bay Lake Towers welcomes you home!
Carol
2001 - CSR (DD 1st trip)
2003 - PC W/MOM
2004 - CSR
2007 - ASMU (DD #2 first Disney vacation)
2008 - 1 DAY MAGIC KINGDOM FIX

Me DD12 DD7

Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #206
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Well I've never heard of Characterpallooza so thanks for the tip

Great picture of DH with his "bready" smile
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #207
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Love that first picture of the Tower of Terror. Where was that taken from?

Michael posed with princesses, but he also got to ham it up with some manly men, too! The pictures with Mr. Incredible are hilarious and I am jealous that you posed with Hook and Mr. Smee. Thanks for including your 2011 pictures too. You did meet some great characters.

Great ride photos from RNR!!!

We have not dined at the Yachtsman, but oh, my that looked fantastic from finish to end. I would have even braved the goo. Everything sounded amazing. Sorry that you weren't all able to try dessert, but thanks for sharing the descriptions.

Even your little non-dessert dessert treats looked yummy. You had me at passionfruit. It is my favorite fruit, and I have never seen it candied.

Once again, stealing your review with the awesome pictures and detailed menu photos, unless you have an objection!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #208
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Wonderful character meets!!!

I've heard rumors of the character palooza moving outside the animation building!

I was hoping to catch it as well but I have a feeling I will forget!!
Hi Paula! You are out of here this week.. how excited are you??
I think they may do some characters ouside the Animation building too, I know they do by the big hat as well.

Yeah, it is kinda hard to remember since it is not officially listed as character meet and greets. Sometimes you run in to the greatest character at random so you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
It really is faster to walk between the stops of the Friendship boat than ride it...but it is a peaceful boat ride!

Your meal at Yachtsman - minus the goo! - looks really good!!
Love the boats, hate the wait! There now you know how I really feel! Actually, I would rather walk so that's the whole story. I hope all is well and plans are moving forward at light speed for your return trip this month!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I never knew that about the animation building.... I will be looking out for that in December! With 2 little ones the more characters we can see at once the better! I don't know how much I can keep them in one place! Looks like a great time- every update you guys look more relaxed!!
The Animation Bldg is back behind Sunset Street.. through the big Disney's Hollywood Studios sign where the Little Mermaid and Disney Jr. attractions are located. Mickey Mouse (Sorcerer Mickey) is always there and I believe Pooh is now a standard character besides the Incredibles. The others rotate around - usually about 5-6 more. It really is a great spot to go once and have a lot of character photos taken!

You are cute... by the time we reach the end of our trip we should be looking rather like slugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayspooh View Post
Brenda I am learning new must do's on our next trip. Can't wait to stop by and visit Characterpalooza and I have always wanted to try Yachtsman Steakhouse. The petite is another fav of mine. Wow we have alot in common, good cupcakes (red velvet) and great steak.

Luv the pics especially Michael arm wrestling, Em on RNR, her expression is priceless and your Merida impression.

Can't wait for the next update when Bay Lake Towers welcomes you home!
Carol
Thanks for hanging in there and reading!! BLT is really our "home" resort - even though we don't own DVC we have stayed there at least part of every on-property trip.

Glad that I can offer some suggestions for your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Well I've never heard of Characterpallooza so thanks for the tip

Great picture of DH with his "bready" smile
DH is a goof! Linda I can totally picture you with Hook and Smee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Love that first picture of the Tower of Terror. Where was that taken from?

Michael posed with princesses, but he also got to ham it up with some manly men, too! The pictures with Mr. Incredible are hilarious and I am jealous that you posed with Hook and Mr. Smee. Thanks for including your 2011 pictures too. You did meet some great characters.

Great ride photos from RNR!!!

We have not dined at the Yachtsman, but oh, my that looked fantastic from finish to end. I would have even braved the goo. Everything sounded amazing. Sorry that you weren't all able to try dessert, but thanks for sharing the descriptions.

Even your little non-dessert dessert treats looked yummy. You had me at passionfruit. It is my favorite fruit, and I have never seen it candied.

Once again, stealing your review with the awesome pictures and detailed menu photos, unless you have an objection!!!
Hi Dee! the ToT photo was taken from the entrance to the RnRC ride - right before you go inside.

And yes, please feel free to use any of the photos or other items I have posted! Glad I can help with any updates.

Enjoy your week!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #209
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Love those character photos! I never knew about characterpalooza either. You guys looked like you had so much fun!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #210
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Love that first RnRC!!! Great faces
Love the character interactions, I didn't know about that, I'm definitely going to check that out with DD!
Can't wait for BLT update, that's where we are staying

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: