Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
sjv919
Mouseketeer

What % are WL and Poly USUALLY discounted?

Now, I know this probably isn't a cut and dry thing, but I'm trying to accurately price out what a split stay, four nights at WL and two at Poly, would cost me for 8/18-8/24 of next year. I grabbed the FD bounceback when there to make sure we got SOME kind of a discount at all, just to be on the safe side.

I did my research tonight finding some room only discounts in August in the past, ranging up to 30% or 35% off depending general public, passholder or Florida resident (I'm both since we just got seasonal passes, yay!).

My question now is what are the standard rooms at WL and Poly usually discounted at? I'd like be able to get this all sorted soon so I can start saving up what I need for next year! Thanks in advance!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
Now, I know this probably isn't a cut and dry thing, but I'm trying to accurately price out what a split stay, four nights at WL and two at Poly, would cost me for 8/18-8/24 of next year. I grabbed the FD bounceback when there to make sure we got SOME kind of a discount at all, just to be on the safe side.

I did my research tonight finding some room only discounts in August in the past, ranging up to 30% or 35% off depending general public, passholder or Florida resident (I'm both since we just got seasonal passes, yay!).

My question now is what are the standard rooms at WL and Poly usually discounted at? I'd like be able to get this all sorted soon so I can start saving up what I need for next year! Thanks in advance!
Honestly, it's a very difficult question to answer. The recent room only discount that came out only had a 5% discount on WL, but the one coming out this week appears to be offering 25% on it. There was speculation that it was 5% because it was undergoing renovations so discounts were limited due to limited inventory.

The Poly has been between 30-35% most recently but what rooms they release are up to Disney. For instance, I can't get a regular GV room with my military discount, only CL. And, with rumors of Poly rehab starting in January, it could be subject to the same lack of discounts as the WL was while under rehab.

Worst case scenario, maybe your could call and get pricing for AAA discount and work towards saving that amount, and then if something else comes out, great for you!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

totally OT but Mousemommy do you change resorts daily? lol

OP with APs you will probably be better off with a room discount since you don't need 2 day tickets that you have to buy with FD.

WL is usually a little less of a discount than the other deluxes. I'm guessing b/c it's cheaper to begin with. Even 25% off and not having to buy tickets is better than rack rate and tickets you don't need.

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919

I found that this past summer AP rates for deluxe resorts was at 35% discount off the value season rate. You can find the different rates and season on Mousesavers.com. I have been booking WL and gotten the same discount as other deluxes, however last weeks Visa offer was only 25% discount where all the other deluxes were at 35%. Summer rates for AP holders are among the best deal for sure!!!!

http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt...-season-dates/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys The answers I seem to bee getting were in line with what I expected....that it all depends and I'll just have to wait and see. I think for now I'll hold onto what I have (the tickets I don't need can be used toward renewal, or so I was told, if not I can just buy it again with the tickets counting toward it) and see what comes out as the appropriate discounts for my dates are released and plan to have the amount of money necessary for my 'worst case scenario.'
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
totally OT but Mousemommy do you change resorts daily? lol

OP with APs you will probably be better off with a room discount since you don't need 2 day tickets that you have to buy with FD.

WL is usually a little less of a discount than the other deluxes. I'm guessing b/c it's cheaper to begin with. Even 25% off and not having to buy tickets is better than rack rate and tickets you don't need.
Sometimes it is daily, lol! I never know where we are staying until much closer to the trip, lol! I move around till I find a winner!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: