Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #211
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Loving all the reviews!

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the Yak'n'Yetti I really wanted to go back since the first time I was there I wasn't really able to eat my meal.

Also, that's awesome about the FoTLK! I think it's awesome when CM's can spread around some
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #212
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
I remember seeing it on the lunch menu, Brenda. I don't think it was in the dinner menu. On a side note, I know how to make pavlovas now! I can make the meringue base.
Thanks for the information Rosey! I love pavlova! I will never compare my culinary skills to your since you are a master but I have made about a dozen pavlovas with varying success and a few of my favorites were a bananas foster version:

and a more traditional fruit (banana & berries)

My coworkers asked for this one - A plain raspberry version. Sorry it was already carved up.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #213
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road is a place I must try someday. Thanks for the great review!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #214
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Wonderful reviews! I can't wait for more!
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #215
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I just did the exact same thing.....only we're going for lunch. I love trying new things and we haven't been to any Irish Pub-y type of restaurants before
You will love the food and the live entertainment. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post

Just getting caught up, I was so happy to find you've started your reviews! So sorry to read about the stressful start to your holiday trying to make it to your lunch ADR at Le Cellier but how great that you were able to get in for dinner! We're actually still at WDW (we leave Wednesday) and have been taking pictures of our food during this two-week food orgy, lol. Our experience at Le Cellier was similar to yours, it has definitely been my favourite meal so far. We enjoyed our meal at Tokyo Dining, and after reading your report, I'm glad I decided against the sushi. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!
I envy you coz you stayed an extra week! I would have loved to have extended the food orgy for one more week, lol. XD Can't wait to see your pics and reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
Loving all the reviews!

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the Yak'n'Yetti I really wanted to go back since the first time I was there I wasn't really able to eat my meal.

Also, that's awesome about the FoTLK! I think it's awesome when CM's can spread around some
The unexpected pixie dust floored us! Will you be planning to go back! I think I should have ordered the seafood curry like everyone suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thanks for the information Rosey! I love pavlova! I will never compare my culinary skills to your since you are a master but I have made about a dozen pavlovas with varying success and a few of my favorites were a bananas foster version:

and a more traditional fruit (banana & berries)

My coworkers asked for this one - A plain raspberry version. Sorry it was already carved up.
Brenda, those look positively amazing! You are a great cook! My favorite is the banana foster as well! I promised myself I need to level up my cooking and baking skills. DH has fallen in love with certain dishes and I need to attempt to recreate them at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Raglan Road is a place I must try someday. Thanks for the great review!
I think you will like the experience at Raglan Road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Wonderful reviews! I can't wait for more!
Thank you very much! I am so happy to see you here!
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #216
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I had a great experience at RR too and that bread pudding was fantastic! I don't think we had an app there but they look wonderful. I love to see the 5/5 Alice's make appearances in your review!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #217
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I had a great experience at RR too and that bread pudding was fantastic! I don't think we had an app there but they look wonderful. I love to see the 5/5 Alice's make appearances in your review!
I was really surprised at the wonderful quality of the food overall, Tracy. RR had me pondering over apps for at least five minutes.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #218
sushi candy
Foodie

Kona Breakfast Review

Tonga Toast*

I was really torn in what to order. I was looking at the Samoan, the Tonga Toast, and the Macadamia Pancakes. I eventually chose the Tonga Toast. It reminded me of county fair food - deliciously decadent fried goodness! The strawberry compote was heavenly. I could drink it straight from the little pot. This was a unique and wonderful breakfast. I am glad I chose it.

Rating:

Overall, Kona was a wonderful experience. The restaurant itself is beautiful and it gives us a great excuse to visit the Poly again!

Rating:

Last edited by sushi candy; 10-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #219
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

As if I wasn't hungry enough this morning..BAM there's Tonga Toast.

Cannot wait to try this. It better be everything everyone says it is. I'm quite the fan of french toast, and everything I've seen about this almost-dessert breakfast food looks AMAZING.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #220
sushi candy
Foodie

The Plaza Lunch Review

Tomato Bisque (app)

This is a really creamy soup. I loved it. The croutons on top were garlicky and crispy. It was a really pleasant surprise. The reviews I have read of the Plaza have been mixed so I wasn't sure what to expect. So far, this has been a solid app.

Rating:

Plaza Club (entree)
This was what DH ordered. He said it was good. I kept sneaking in and stealing those handmade chips.

Chicken Strawberry Salad (Entree)

This salad was very fresh and the grilled chicken tender. I finished the strawberries first. The crumbles of Gorgonzola were tiny and acted as an accent. The Zinfandel dressing was amazing- sweet and fruity. Portion-wise, this was huge. It was very good though and I wish I could bottle that Zinfandel dressing and bring it home.

Rating:

Overall, the Plaza was a solid choice. as we had no room for dessert, I didn't post them. It delivered simple and tasty meals. I highly recommend it as a Magic Kingdom dining choice!

Rating:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #221
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
As if I wasn't hungry enough this morning..BAM there's Tonga Toast.

Cannot wait to try this. It better be everything everyone says it is. I'm quite the fan of french toast, and everything I've seen about this almost-dessert breakfast food looks AMAZING.
It is definitely a dessert/breakfast food! You will love it!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #222
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
It is definitely a dessert/breakfast food! You will love it!

That's my favorite kind of breakfast food.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #223
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you liked the Strawberry Chicken Salad at the Plaza, Rosey. It's one of my favorites too.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #224
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Tonga Toast has never looked so appetizing! I agree with you - it's so good with that strawberry compote on top.

And I also have to give a shout out to Brenda's pavlovas! They all look fantastic.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #225
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

I've never seen the tonga toast with a sauce over it before...this makes me very happy to see, and makes me want to try it even more! Can't wait!

Also, your meal at the Plaza also looked great!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: