Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
hoosthatmouse
Earning My Ears

Just paid the deposit and have some questions

Hi all - So we made the plunge and put down our deposit for the Feb. 2nd 2013 Western Carribbean cruise aboard the Fantasy for 7 nights. I thought I did a ton of research before booking but have a few questions

We booked a 5E Guaranteed rate - I understand that a stateroom will be assigned to us at a later time in the category we requested or an upgrade. Can anyone tell me what and upgrade could mean? and what those categories are? I saw several posts to people requesting to keep their 5E's in the hopes of having one of the extended verandah's. I guess I could go either way. Does this mean we will either get an extended verandah or an upgrade? ( sounds like either way I'll be happy)

Another thing- How do I know if I got a good deal on this cruise? I can't tell if we paid too much. It seems most people have been booking a year in advance. Would I have been better served by booking closer to the date? I foroged the use of a Travel Agent because I found a better rate through the disney ship site.

And along the lines of the last question -- what is the best way to find good deals on these cruises? I looked at the special offers but none of them applied to our situation. Is it worth opening a Disney credit card? These trips are expensive and I am in awe of the people that have been able to book so many. I'm kind of scratching my head at how everyone can afford this.

Anways, thanks for listening. I am new hear and so excited to bring my two daugthers and husband on our first cruise and first disney cruise. We are taking a look at tagging on a day at WDW before departure day but we will see. I want to see what kind of special hotel rates come out on Wednesday the 10th for Feb 2013.

Feb 2013 - AKL, 3 Night Bahamian Cruise on Dream, POR
Jan 2013 - WDW Half Marathon

Feb 2012 - Polynesian
Feb 2011 - Polynesian, Wilderness Campground
Oct 2006 - Wilderness Lodge

----

hoosthatmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: