Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #526
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Ok, I just went on Nemo last week and that fish scared me! I never remembered it before, so I'm wondering if it wasn't working the few other times I rode it. It is definitely working now tho! I love the queue in there as well!
When I watched your favorite guy before Soarin' last week, it made me think of you guys!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #527
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Once we finished eating, we went right to Figment! I couldn't help but sing along! IMAAAAAA-ginaaaaation!

FIGMENT WAS HERE! GASP!

Great, Figment's here. Now we just need to wait for Dreamfinder to come back and get rid of the terrible Imagination Institute and the equally awful Dr. Channing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #528
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Ok, I just went on Nemo last week and that fish scared me! I never remembered it before, so I'm wondering if it wasn't working the few other times I rode it. It is definitely working now tho! I love the queue in there as well!
When I watched your favorite guy before Soarin' last week, it made me think of you guys!
Haha I'm glad it's up and working again! It adds a little bit of a thrill even though it scares the living daylights out of me.
Aww that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Great, Figment's here. Now we just need to wait for Dreamfinder to come back and get rid of the terrible Imagination Institute and the equally awful Dr. Channing.
Excuse me, we are HUGE Figment fans. Please do not bad mouth him on this trip report.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #529
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Excuse me, we are HUGE Figment fans. Please do not bad mouth him on this trip report.
Jess, I didn't say I didn't like Figment. I do like him! It's just that I hate the ride. The original one with Figment and Dreamfinder was better than this Imagination Institute stuff.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #530
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

Sorry I've been totally absent from this TR for a while!!

Amazing update! Love love love reading about Epcot! Such an amazing place!

I'm one of those muppets that never realised you didn't have to return between the times on the fast pass so it made no real impact on my strategy! But I could imagine it was amazing to be able to collect lots!

Figment!! Love him so much! He is such a big memory of my childhood! They can never take him away!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #531
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YESSS A FRUMPDATE!!!!

Oh my God, how did you resist that Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake at Sunshine Seasons?! They look so good! I'll have to put that on my list. Yet another thing I have to eat. hahahaha.

That sea turtle is amazing! I've been in there 2939983 times and never saw him, I wonder if he is a new addition. I hope he's there when I go visit Our Frogfish Friend Paul in a few weeks! AHH!

Lmao. You guys WOULD find a stuffed animal that matches Kristen's nail. Like, that's just too perfectly hilarious.

Soarin is fine, but it features no trolls. Maelstrom does. Maelstrom, 1. Soarin, 0.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #532
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

How cute that they hand out roses on Mother's Day. That's pretty awesome.

The new fastpass window messes with a lot of peoples strategy. I normally always return in my window, but dangit I want the option not to!

*drool* Sunshine Seasons strawberry shortcake. So so yummy. Totally okay for breakfast food btw.

Oooh, croissant berry pudding? I'm going to have to remember that.

Scary light bulb fish hasn't worked for me the last few times either. I was totally prepared to have my niece have a freak out moment, and I was all ready for it, had my hands ready to shoot around her to hang on for dear life lest she jump out of the clammobile....and nothing.

That looks like the real life Crush that ate with us at Coral Reef. Literally parked himself in the aquarium right next to our table.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #533
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

That's so sweet that they give out carnations to the moms!

UGH, I know what you mean about the new FastPass rule. My trip in May was the first trip with the new rule in place and it totally messed up my thinking at first, but I got used to it eventually.

I need to remember to get breakfast at Sunshine Seasons sometime. It looks amazing and it's one of my favorite places for lunch, so I'm sure the breakfast tastes as good as it looks.

I have that Muppets shirt that's on the right! I think it's *technically* a guy's shirt, but it was so adorable (and comfy!) I just had to have it.

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
Old 09-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #534
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh man, the chocolate raspberry cupcakes look so good! I don't even like raspberries but I want one.

OMG, I came so close to getting the Epcot center shirt in August and then I DIDN'T. Rookie mistake.

Ahhhh the flower and frump festival is the most beautiful thing!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #535
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

I love Figment!

DS and I went to see Finding Nemo today- that glow fish scared him in the theater- he probably will pee himself on the ride. LOL
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #536
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Did you ever notice how WONDERFUL that queue smells? It's absolutely fantastic.

I am OBSESSED with the Nemo queue. The music, the details...it's all so relaxing.

I love that queue too. I have the music loop on my iPod. It's awesome music to listen to when I nap. So ambient.
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #537
msmandapanda
Earning My Ears

I've really grown to like the queue at Nemo. The music is just relaxing and precious, and I really like the progression from the beach to underwater. As far as the scary fish scene is concerned, maybe he will be broken for good? I know he was broken when I went in March and I was so relieved too because it's just creepy. Like, my sister Shannon and I were bracing ourselves because we hate that part. Although it was still just the tiniest bit scary because even though he wasn't working, I remember that it was dark and he was just sitting there staring at you.

Also, I have that Epcot shirt and I love it! I made sure to wear it yesterday for Epcot's 30th anniversary!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #538
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

That just melts my heart that they were giving out roses to the mom's on Mother's Day. I would have been overwhelmed with joy!

That croissant berry pudding looks so delish. Disney is just so smart when it comes to food!

Ahhh I love Figment. I really don't get why people don't! Always makes me smile when my son plays with his Figment plush!

Also, I very much hate the enforcement of fp windows too. Talk about cramping our style! I have yet to experience Disney in this new strict manner but that is the one part that I am NOT looking forward to. I feel like everyone should write to Disney and complain lol. CHANGE IT BACK!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #539
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

luvin the updates. I love the Vinylmations!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #540
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! All caught up! Sorry I haven't commented on this in awhile. Life got a bit out-of-hand for awhile there, but NOW I have time so I can comment. Looks like this trip definitely seemed to get better! I'm so excited to hear about more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: