Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #451
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Hello, just did some running around and now playing on the computer. It's still freezing out right now. I find it funny that in a couple of months that 32 degrees will be considered warm, LOL. It's just that first initial shock when the weather turns for the first time. We keep getting snow showers today. By Monday we will be back in the 70's.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #452
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hello everyone. What's up?
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #453
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

We just got done watching two great movies and thought I would recommend them......Seeking Justice and The Lucky One. Two different types of movies. Both extremely good.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #454
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Sandy: That is cold. We had a freeze warning last night. I don't know if it actually got that cold.

The apple cider donut cake was sooo yummy! It really tasted like a donut!

The bonfire was fun. The Cloverbuds( the young members of 4-H) made rockets out of 2-liter bottles. They set them off at the party. Those things were amazing. They went so far up. We weren't expecting that!

Yesterday Kaleigh had to play softball in a steady rain. It was 43 and miserable. I don't know why they didn't cancel other than they have canceled so many of the games. They did cancel the 2nd game. She and the other girls were trying to pitch. They kept drying the balls, but their hands were still wet and frozen that they couldn't keep hold of the balls. You could see that they were slipping out of their hands before they were ready so they kept bowling them in. She did have a few good pitches and still struck out 1 batter, but it was awful. We are hoping for a couple of make-up games during the week.

Can't wait for Saturday!!!

One thing I am looking foward to on vacation is not hearing the phone constantly ringing. Thank goodness for caller ID! I am waiting for this election to be over.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #455
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, I guess I "get" sports but for the life of me, I don't understand playing in the rain/cold. I know it's the time of year for sports but come on.... It's here, too. Not just up in Cleveland. I am soooo with you regarding the phone. Good ole Mitt has called me several times, LOL. Do tell, how did they make the rocket bottles? Sounds fantastic.

I found a "recipe" on pinterest for time out (meditation) bottles for kids. I am now going to attempt to make one or two. I was thinking that perhaps it could help Tyler when he is overwhelmed. People were saying that it's great for autistic children and even for adults. I might just as well post the link here in case anyone is interested:
http://mycrazyblessedlife.com/2011/1...ime-out-timer/. What's scary to me is that it isn't a precise recipe so if I know me, I will fail. I already have Ted on call, LOL. He's a good guy and pulls me out of bad craft situations.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #456
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! Well, cross country is over for the year Makenzie had a great year and she has a 5k coming up on the 20th in Berea. Her last 2 meets were last Tuesday and this past Saturday. Her Tuesday meet she took off another 10 secs. off her time on this particular course. So she ending up with a 14:04 for that course, she originally ran a 15:38 on this course, so that is great for only 2 weeks difference running that course. Saturday she ran in Stow (district race)(about an hour away from our house). This meet was HUGE with 27 teams and 187 girls running her race. This was the top of the top girls in Northern Ohio. The course was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo muddy!!!! IT rained all night on Friday and then they had 6 races on this exact course BEFORE they had middle school varsity run(the high school elite, high school boys, girls varsity teams, and then high school boys and girls open races BEFORE middle school girls). ANYWAYS, by the time Makenzie ran, the course was a big mud puddle!!!! The course was rolling hills and a pretty decent hill right in the middle of the course. Well, out of 187 girls, she came in 72!!! We were so proud of her that she did so well and all this with less then a year under her belt running (she ONLY started running March 5th of this year when she began track). People were falling and running out of their shoes that got stuck in the mud, it was pretty funny!!!

Yesterday we had football in the mud, MUD BOWL part 2 (part 1 was last football season). Garry played in the rain..... of course it stopped raining AFTER the game... I will get a picture posted of him AFTER the game.. can you say Mud Monster??? HE LOVED playing in the COLD and rain... he even sacked the other teams quarterback!!!!! Everyone was so proud of him! He did awesome!! I did make him strip off his uniform in the garage when we got home... I have NEVER seen so much mud!!!!!!! They did let the cheerleaders go home since it was raining. They didn't want to get the girls sick since it was very cold and raining (like Denine said). Brooke was NOT happy!! She wanted to cheer! Oh well, she will have other games this season! Brooke was put in as a "flyer" in their cheer dance. She is so excited!!!! She is also doing a cartwheel, one armed cart wheel and the splits in this dance. I can't believe what the coaches can get these girls to do!! The girls range from age 4yrs to 6th grade!!! It truly is unbelievable!!

Denine, we were thinking about you guys with the arrests of those burlaries in your area of the woods. Boy we were surprised to see they arrest those 7 people just 5 mins. from your home! Glad they caught them!!

Sandy and Heidi, where are you guys coming to Cleveland? Hopefully I will get the OK from the Dr. Thursday so I can drive again. I really want to see you guys.

Barb, Garry said that alarm companies are OK, but they have their limits. Garry has seen incidents where the alarm companies stopped "receiving" a signal from homes/businesses and didn't report it to the police until an hour or so passed not when the signal was dropped, and the one church school that this happened too, the thieves got away with TONS of stuff from the school. PLUS the signs that the alarm companies want you to put into your yard, usually tells the criminals that there is something worth while in the house to get. But alarm systems do help the home owners sense of security.

Well, gotta run! Will post more later!!

TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #457
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Julie, your kids are totally AMAZING in sports. The things you say they do is things I never in my whole life accomplished. How wonderful!! Can't wait to see Garry's muddy pics. We fly out to Cleveland on Oct 22 and hopefully leave the 27th. Heidi has to work the Bronco game that Sunday. Last time they kept adding to our stay. I don't know what we'll do with Heidi if they keep him longer, LOL. I hopoe you get your driving back. I was thinking maybe a lunch in the cafeteria or something like that. I gained my weight back so don't be shocked How funny you said something about the alarm companies because I have thought that it might be a trigger to interest a burgler. Just like you said that the other side of it is peace of mind.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #458
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Good morning!! I wasn't feeling well so I took a time out for myself and was lazy all weekend long! I am feeling much better today. Busy but exciting week for me. Thursday is a half a day and then we meet up with some friends for the Great American Beer Festival, Friday we will go see my cousin's boyfriend play Hockey, Saturday going down to Monument to close up the trailer, and Sunday Chris will go to our friend's house to brew some beer.

Barb - The Disney Store sounds so cute! I loved your pics of Kara getting pink strands in her hair....way too cute!

Denine - Wow, such extremes. This kids either play in the freezing cold rain or not at all!! Poor kids!

Julie - Sounds like Makenzie is going to love doing mud 5K's when she gets older!!! She is already getting prepared! That is great she did so well in those conditions. Mud + rolling hills = extremely tired which means running it in 2 hours for me!! I hope you get the okay to drive so we can see you!!!

Mom - Those bottles are a great idea, I would just be worried that Tyler would throw it! If Tyler's stay gets extended, I guess I will hitchhike to the airport! No need to worry about it, we will get it figured out.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #459
Denine

Great job Makenzie!

We didn't even know about the burglaries until our parents told us at Kaleigh's party. We are glad they caught them though!

Hopefully Tyler won't have to stay longer than planned!

It felt like we were in a horror movie yesterday. There is a yellow jacket nest behind the siding on the side of the house. We read to just leave it be and they will die off come winter and the queen will find a new place to nest come spring. Well, it got cold, but not cold enough to kill them. Just cold enough for them to find a way INTO the house. I vacuumed a few dozen of them. We called in Orkin to come take care of the problem. Kaleigh ended up getting stung when one ran into her hand. Hopefully they start decreasing in number. I vaccumed up 5 this morning and there is 1 I can't reach.

Supposed to be nice today. We were hoping for a make-up game, but it seems that won't happen. Hopefully Thursday if the manager can find another team to play.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #460
Mickey02
Glad the brain washing worked!
I don't even know how to be an adult without kids
I earned "High Gear Performer"

Good Morning!

Out of training for a few days and back in next week. Learned the new interface on our billing system. Next week I am going through sales training. Since we assist our CSR's on all systems guess they decided its time to teach us the other side of the business. Ugh just means more calls.

Missy Kara and I all got pink extentions yesterday. Having a challenging time getting use to mine. Think my purple epilepsy ones may be easier since they will be darker.

Started thinking about everything I want to get done before vacation last night and couldn't sleep. Got up and read until 1:00 had to get back up at 4:30. Why does that always happen? Things bother you 10 times more at night then during the day!

Julie-Thank you for your input about the alarm system. I am just so torn about whether or not to get one. It is a long time commitment of $50 a month but I still feel so vulnerable. Like I am being watched all the time. This morning when I was leaving for work at 5:20 a car was parked across the street he waiting until I pulled out of my drive way and followed me about 15 miles to work. I'm sure it was just a coincidence but it still freaked me out. Will I ever feel secure again?

Started making my Christmas cards this weekend. Making is up as I go along so needless to say it is going slowly.

Heidi-Busy Busy Busy! Your weekends always sound so fun. No I take that back the skiing does not sound fun to me. To darn cold! But the other stuff

Sandy- You crack me up about your crafts. Obviously you do a great job or the braclets would not have sold like they did. I still want one!!

Denine-Poor Kaleigh How miserable

Disney Vacation Club 2002

Mickey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #461
Mickey02
Glad the brain washing worked!
I don't even know how to be an adult without kids
I earned "High Gear Performer"

Had to end my last post real quick because I got a call and the system was trying to load guideline over the top of my post! The NERVE!

Denine-can't wait to hear how much of the new Fantasy Land is open. I'll be watching for your posts.

Got to run over to the other building to sign up for a early screening of Twilight. One of the girls here is friends with the manager of the theater by my house so she was able to get a 7:00 screen on the day before it opens. We went to the last one too. Loved being able to see it first and not having to go to the midnight show.

More later

Disney Vacation Club 2002

Mickey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #462
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, :eek : YIKES, what a horror story indeed. I hate bees and your bad luck is my nightmare. I sure hope Orkin gets rid of them and SOON!

Heidi, it looks like all golf carts have been winterized so I'm not sure if "Ed's" has been or not since it is gas. You might want to ask Richard if he has a portable air compressor or you can wait until we get back from Vail and dad can help Chris when we are in Cleveland. Heidi, reading all the comments about the bottles I learned kids can/have thrown them and they just recommend using smaller bottles. I think I am taking a 17 oz one to Cleveland. I thought maybe it could help Tyler while they put the leads on. It is a painful time for him. Be prepared for tears yourself!! It's rough!!!!!!

Barb, I've turned into a craft lady like you I guess. Actually, the daycare kids always remember the crafts we use to do so I've been doing kiddy crafts for years. I'm sure you are just a tad paranoid since your incident. I'm sure that guy was innocent but to you at this point everyone is scary. It will take some time! AWESOME that you get to see the screening early!!! Don't you worry, I will make sure you get a bracelet. In fact, measure your wrist and let me know.

Julie, please, measure your wrist soon and I will make one for you and give it to you in Cleveland. If you don't have a seamstress measuring tape just wrap a string around your wrist and measure the string.

Talked to Stacey today about Bella, the dog we want. Supposedly the family loves her. Both the trainer and Stacey can't believe it. I think of precious Bella almost everyday. Joey is going through dizziness just like I did. They can't find anything wrong with her either. Isn't that strange??
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #463
Denine

We "only" killed 16 yellow jackets in the house yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed, so far none today.

Barb: I feel your pain. It takes a while, but you will feel more secure.

Not only does Kaleigh not have any make-up games this week, she doesn't have practice either. She is bummed. We are going to take Jerry and Kaleigh's gloves and a ball with us on vacation so they can practice in the nice, warm sun.

It looks like the weather may improve next week while we go to Disney. It looks good there too.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #464
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, awesome idea to take the ball and glove. That sounds like fun. I just knew the weather in Cleveland would improve while you are gone. It just has to stay that way for two weeks. That's when we will be there, LOL.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #465
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey02 View Post
Think my purple epilepsy ones may be easier since they will be darker.
You are so sweet. Thanks for doing that.

Quote:
This morning when I was leaving for work at 5:20 a car was parked across the street he waiting until I pulled out of my drive way and followed me about 15 miles to work. I'm sure it was just a coincidence but it still freaked me out. Will I ever feel secure again?
That is so sad, I'm sorry you are still feeling that way.

Quote:
Got to run over to the other building to sign up for a early screening of Twilight. One of the girls here is friends with the manager of the theater by my house so she was able to get a 7:00 screen on the day before it opens. We went to the last one too. Loved being able to see it first and not having to go to the midnight show.
I am so completely jealous!!!! I wish I had that opportunity. I cannot wait for it to come out!! But I will be with the crazy midnight people.

Denine - That is way too many yellow jacket, bees, wasps..whatever you want to call it. I am so terrfied of them. YAY for good weather in Disney.

Mom - I know that will be rough. I will cry with him and you and Stacey. Hmmm, not sure what we will do. I will have to mention it to Chris....thanks!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: