Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Budget Related, sort of. Travel Insurance.

UPDATE IN POST #4

Good day, all. I am renting DVC points for our trip in September, 2013. I have read online that getting travel insurance is a good idea since the point rental $$ is non-refundable. I got travel insurance for our trip to Canada last month, but have never gotten it for WDW before. Any advice as to what I should be looking for specifically related to renting DVC points? We have health insurance and car insurance already. Thanks for any advice!!!

Last edited by SDSorority; 10-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
Good day, all. I am renting DVC points for our trip in September, 2013. I have read online that getting travel insurance is a good idea since the point rental $$ is non-refundable. I got travel insurance for our trip to Canada last month, but have never gotten it for WDW before. Any advice as to what I should be looking for specifically related to renting DVC points? We have health insurance and car insurance already. Thanks for any advice!!!
I'm not sure where you would begin to look for coverage. I know that DVC owners can purchase travel insurance thru Travelex that covers them each use year. If the reservation uses points from more than one UY, then they have to purchase it for each one used.

And the insurance only reimburses them for the cost of their dues on the points used. The price that you're paying to rent those points is probably double that amount (if not more).

You might want to check ***************** for various policies that you can purchase. According to their FAQ, you can buy coverage for condo rentals as long as you have a written rental agreement and the cause for your loss is covered under the policy. I don't know if this also applies to timeshares.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
I'm not sure where you would begin to look for coverage. I know that DVC owners can purchase travel insurance thru Travelex that covers them each use year. If the reservation uses points from more than one UY, then they have to purchase it for each one used.

And the insurance only reimburses them for the cost of their dues on the points used. The price that you're paying to rent those points is probably double that amount (if not more).

You might want to check ***************** for various policies that you can purchase. According to their FAQ, you can buy coverage for condo rentals as long as you have a written rental agreement and the cause for your loss is covered under the policy. I don't know if this also applies to timeshares.

Thanks! I contacted TravelGuard to see if renting from a private owner is covered in any of their plans. I appreciate the help!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
SDSorority

In case anyone ever needs this, I got confirmation today that Travel Insured is one of the only travel insurance companies that DOES include timeshare point rental in all of their travel insurance plans.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: