Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #1441
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,543



Woo Hoo!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #1442
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,061

Hoping you get that letter soon. Fingers crossed.
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #1443
BDL
DIS Veteran
 
BDL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Hoping you get that letter soon. Fingers crossed.
Same here. Wishing you all the luck I can.
__________________
December 10-17th PTR



BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #1444
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Hoping you get that letter soon. Fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Same here. Wishing you all the luck I can.
Thank You Both!! We're actually looking at a back up plan if we don't see that money in the next few weeks~~switching to Disneyland. I found flights for $81 per person/each way......that's cheap!! The real stickler with the WDW trip is the flight prices and securing them before we don't have any options.

I've talked to my son who is at WDW and he'd be more than happy to fly out to meet us at Disneyland......so this may end up being the way we go.

I'm disappointed......as I've put a ton of time and research into this trip.....but I also feel things happen for a reason. If we're meant to go to WDW, our check will show up this week or next........if it doesn't, I think we'll need to cancel. At least Mike is for going to DL instead if this doesn't work out. The kids haven't been since 2010 and there are lots of changes.....especially to DCA.

I appreciate all the well wishes and will keep you updated!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #1445
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Laurie! Don't give up hope on the flights yet! You may have to become OCD like me but cheap(er) flights can be found!! I actually got a $50 credit last week on my return flight as the price dropped. I also was able to switch my departure flight to the flight I REALLY wanted (so I can be on the same flight as my hubby) for only $20 more (The price dropped $80-$120 from the fares I had been seeing for the same flight) and that was just a week out!! They will still be more expensive than the DL flight but it's still possible to find good deals even close to the dates.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #1446
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Laurie! Don't give up hope on the flights yet! You may have to become OCD like me but cheap(er) flights can be found!! I actually got a $50 credit last week on my return flight as the price dropped. I also was able to switch my departure flight to the flight I REALLY wanted (so I can be on the same flight as my hubby) for only $20 more (The price dropped $80-$120 from the fares I had been seeing for the same flight) and that was just a week out!! They will still be more expensive than the DL flight but it's still possible to find good deals even close to the dates.
I've been pricing flights at least once a week.....and no changes but noticing less options! There are more reasons in thinking this might not happen, but trying to stay positive and will just wait to see what the cards hold for us.

I really need a Disney-fix after this year, so as long as I get that.....life will be good!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #1447
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

I've seen everything in the last week with my airfare searches! I've even seen flights say "Sold Out" and then come back with lower than ever prices!! It's so weird!

But I agree, going to DL would also be a good trip!! And probably a little less stressful for you since you've been there many times before!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #1448
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I've seen everything in the last week with my airfare searches! I've even seen flights say "Sold Out" and then come back with lower than ever prices!! It's so weird!

But I agree, going to DL would also be a good trip!! And probably a little less stressful for you since you've been there many times before!
Yup, just a waiting game at this point......totally pointless if the IRS doesn't get excited about sending my money........heck, it's been since Valentine's Day.....no need to hurry!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #1449
6Smiles
DIS Veteran
 
6Smiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 711

Hi Laurie -

Hope your trip still come through for you. We are still going but have had to considerably downsized it, however the downsized trip is almost fully funded. I ordered our photopass+ CD and am just waiting for it to come in. I will no by the end of the week what our exact dates are but still have my full ressies just in case. I hope that you will have your letter by the end of the week so you can continue with your WDW trip like you've been planning.

Kris
__________________
Kris
6Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #1450
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,311

I am still very hopeful that the money comes through. Darn IRS

However, I am glad that DL @ Christmas would be an option if for some reason the money doesnt get here in time.

Still crossing all crossables that WDW is in the cards.
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #1451
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Hi Laurie -

Hope your trip still come through for you. We are still going but have had to considerably downsized it, however the downsized trip is almost fully funded. I ordered our photopass+ CD and am just waiting for it to come in. I will no by the end of the week what our exact dates are but still have my full ressies just in case. I hope that you will have your letter by the end of the week so you can continue with your WDW trip like you've been planning.

Kris
Thanx!! I've downsized our trip a ton and we'd still be watching every penny.....hate doing trips like that.....want to go, have fun, be spontaneous (to a point). Mike and I are concerned about the twins and how they will handle this trip. We can't just go across the street if they're having major meltdowns......it would be loading everyone up and leaving the parks and driving to get to the resort. We're actually thinking of doing a WDW trip just as a couple....maybe for our 30th (in 2014) Anniversary. Would love to take the kids, but the closer we get to this trip......the more the anxiety rises on whether the twins could handle the long flights, the parks, the time change (3 hrs), etc. The last big trip they did was to Disneyland in 2010 and we had lots of adults to switch off to take baby duty at the hotel. Michayla had a rough time and we haven't taken them since.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I am still very hopeful that the money comes through. Darn IRS

However, I am glad that DL @ Christmas would be an option if for some reason the money doesnt get here in time.

Still crossing all crossables that WDW is in the cards.
I'm hoping they come thru too.....otherwise we won't be going to Florida or California. Just annoying this is taking so long.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #1452
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran
 
mnmrmustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,921

Hey Laurie, sorry about the Photobucket weirdness – I hate it when sites “upgrade” a product into uselessness :P

Sherry had some interesting points on DLR at Halloween. We went in mid-October in 2009 and I did notice it was kind of hard to find the villains I was expecting to see during the day. They had them out at the M&G spot near IASW but the times were pretty limited. And although I really enjoyed the Mickey’s Trick or Treat Party I was expecting more out of it than I got – especially with the parade.

For clarity I’d still do it again just for the near “walk on” for rides like Soarin’ and Cali Screamin’ and interact with all of the baddies, especially the pirates! That and seeing all of the great costumes people come up with. Overall so very worth going during Halloween for the decorations, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, and of course the NBC theme of the Haunted Mansion.

I do agree about the need for a “value resort” option down there. We really enjoyed staying at the Disneyland Hotel last time, but it was certainly pricey.

So sorry to hear about the struggles with Michayla and hope the insurance approves the outside therapy.

What a bummer that WDW might not work out, but WOW on the $81 per person tickets to get you to DLR!!! I hope the IRS doesn’t keep dragging their feet on that check!

Although that 2014 WDW trip as just a couple could be a nice change of pace for you and Mike. Roxy and I did that for my 42nd birthday last year and it was a wonderful trip. Not having to worry about kids or other family and just setting your own pace and direction for fun is so very nice if you can swing it.

Good luck with whatever happens with this - sending lots of P&PD your way!
__________________
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #1454
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Hey Laurie, sorry about the Photobucket weirdness – I hate it when sites “upgrade” a product into uselessness :P

Sherry had some interesting points on DLR at Halloween. We went in mid-October in 2009 and I did notice it was kind of hard to find the villains I was expecting to see during the day. They had them out at the M&G spot near IASW but the times were pretty limited. And although I really enjoyed the Mickey’s Trick or Treat Party I was expecting more out of it than I got – especially with the parade.

For clarity I’d still do it again just for the near “walk on” for rides like Soarin’ and Cali Screamin’ and interact with all of the baddies, especially the pirates! That and seeing all of the great costumes people come up with. Overall so very worth going during Halloween for the decorations, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, and of course the NBC theme of the Haunted Mansion.

I do agree about the need for a “value resort” option down there. We really enjoyed staying at the Disneyland Hotel last time, but it was certainly pricey.

So sorry to hear about the struggles with Michayla and hope the insurance approves the outside therapy.

What a bummer that WDW might not work out, but WOW on the $81 per person tickets to get you to DLR!!! I hope the IRS doesn’t keep dragging their feet on that check!

Although that 2014 WDW trip as just a couple could be a nice change of pace for you and Mike. Roxy and I did that for my 42nd birthday last year and it was a wonderful trip. Not having to worry about kids or other family and just setting your own pace and direction for fun is so very nice if you can swing it.

Good luck with whatever happens with this - sending lots of P&PD your way!
I'd like to check out the parks at Halloween time, but Christmas is by far my favorite time of year to go. I think going for Halloween would work better if we didn't have the twins. I'm not sure how they would handle the villians. I know Addy & Anthony would love seeing them and the trick or treating at DL.

We had set up this WDW trip last December, even before Derek got accepted into the College Program down in Florida. We really wanted to go, thinking this might be the only chance we had at it. Once Derek went to work at WDW, we knew we needed to go.....we figured he wouldn't be coming home. (but he's since figured out he's not a fan of Florida) Now knowing there's not chance he'll stay down there......we don't feel we HAVE to go. I'd like to take the family, since we've never been there......but with that unfamiliarity, we also run into problems when it comes to the twins needs. So doing a couples only trip for our anniversary in a year & a half seems like a good option.

I'm curious to see how the twins will do on a short flight and at DL this year. If they do well and can handle the over stimulation, not sleeping at home and flying......we may be able to try a bigger trip like to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Whichever you decide, land or world, it's still Disney and that's a win-win!!
I agree!! We love our little park out west and feel comfortable being there. I just want our money to show up so we can make our decision and move forward. (I'm pretty sure at this point we're going to California)

I'm just so ready for a little Disney happiness.....this year has been so hard!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #1455
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I'd like to check out the parks at Halloween time, but Christmas is by far my favorite time of year to go. I think going for Halloween would work better if we didn't have the twins. I'm not sure how they would handle the villians. I know Addy & Anthony would love seeing them and the trick or treating at DL.

We had set up this WDW trip last December, even before Derek got accepted into the College Program down in Florida. We really wanted to go, thinking this might be the only chance we had at it. Once Derek went to work at WDW, we knew we needed to go.....we figured he wouldn't be coming home. (but he's since figured out he's not a fan of Florida) Now knowing there's not chance he'll stay down there......we don't feel we HAVE to go. I'd like to take the family, since we've never been there......but with that unfamiliarity, we also run into problems when it comes to the twins needs. So doing a couples only trip for our anniversary in a year & a half seems like a good option.

I'm curious to see how the twins will do on a short flight and at DL this year. If they do well and can handle the over stimulation, not sleeping at home and flying......we may be able to try a bigger trip like to WDW.



I agree!! We love our little park out west and feel comfortable being there. I just want our money to show up so we can make our decision and move forward. (I'm pretty sure at this point we're going to California)

I'm just so ready for a little Disney happiness.....this year has been so hard!!!
I love your OR tickers!! I'm sorry the IRS has made this so difficult and yes you should have a trip this year!! Also a couples only trip to WDW sounds good!! That way you and Mike can enjoy all the nice restaurants (you see how my mind goes right to the food?!?!)
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: