Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

2012 - Monster High finds

Since we are approaching the holidays, I thought I would start a new thread about Monster High dolls, furniture, etc. Maybe we can help each other find the dolls we need.

Yesterday I found Robecca and Venus at Justice (and the best part was they only cost $15.50 each with the special sale they had!!!)

I need to find Purrsephone and Meowlody for a reasonable price.

Me DH DD 10
SalandJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

I just picked up P and M at my local TRU. I don't remember the price, but it was my first trip to TRU and I found them, so I was happy

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

Wow between not having cable/satellite and no longer having kids in the "doll stage" I have no idea what that is or why it would be a big deal LOL
Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
pangur
Earning My Ears

They are on amazon at regular price right now.
pangur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

We had a heck of a time finding the Werecats anywhere! My best friend called me from that huge toy store in New York and said they had them there, and snagged it up for me

I think we are all caught up on current release dolls. Just waiting for a few of the new ones coming out. I know Professor B is high priority for my youngest lmao
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Reginat
Mouseketeer

exclusives and tips

Hi!

Meowlody and Purrsephone did re-appear at my local TRU, so I am hopeful about others being able to get them at issue price.

The Target Store Exclusive Scary Tales (Threaderella, Snow Bite, and Little Dead Riding Wolf) are already very popular. This is NOT a set to miss, so buy early if you think your child has any interest AT ALL. Target also has matching girl-size costumes in their Halloween department for the Scary Tales. A Target exclusive Howleen/ Clawdeen set from earlier in the year has been reappearing -- dolls from this set are very expensive on Ebay, so if you can find this in the stores for retail, you are very lucky!!!

Draculaura's car at J.C. Penney ($35) has an actual exclusive doll in it, not just a cardboard cut-out paper doll.

The Paris (Scaris, City of Frights) dolls will be coming out -- not sure if they will make it before Christmas, or if it will be in January. Rochelle will be particularly cute, with an Eiffel Tower print on her dress. I'm going to hold back some dollie dollars for whenever they show up at the store. That set will have a cute playset, too.

Doll-size Tutu skirts for Monster High. On Ebay, search Zanjava. She has color-themed skirts that can reliven play with MH dolls your child already has.

Even regular-line Monster High are cute this year, but if a special or exclusive doll is wanted, try to get it as early as you can, just in case!!!

Regina in NC
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

I have checked TRU for the werecats, but none. I'll check again. I saw Little Dead Riding Hood at Target a while back and grabbed that for DDs bday this month.

Are there any new dolls coming out before Christmas? I assume the Paris ones are the current group of dolls with a different theme?

Me DH DD 10
SalandJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

I picked up Venus last week at Walmart. When Target had their big toy clearance I got the Claudeen little sister pack. I have only seen it in the store once. Hopefully these are the only 2 that DS wants and I am done.
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I don't think there are any before Christmas. I had heard that a few Scarah Screams dolls were out there floating around, and possibly Prof. Bloodgood but haven't seen any for myself.

There were a bunch of new dolls at San Diego Comi Con so I keep waiting for some news on those - some kind of white werecat, Hoodoo Voodoo, Jinafire Long (2013) and Skelita Calavaris (2013).
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Right now I am on the hunt for Monster High sheets and a comforter. I know I can get them at TRU, but I prefer the Scary Cute set. I've seen them on ebay and amazon, but I was hoping to pay a "normal" price We shall see...

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperWife View Post
Right now I am on the hunt for Monster High sheets and a comforter. I know I can get them at TRU, but I prefer the Scary Cute set. I've seen them on ebay and amazon, but I was hoping to pay a "normal" price We shall see...
Walmart also has the sheets and comforter. That's where I got them for my DD along with a throw blanket.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #12
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
Walmart also has the sheets and comforter. That's where I got them for my DD along with a throw blanket.
They are sold out online and my local Walmart doesn't even have a place for them on the shelf. Booo.

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
jenlynn0808
DIS Veteran

Kind of OT

I started thinking about Xmas the other day and had an idea for my soon-to-be-niece, when I checked with my sister found out she doesn't like MH (we live on opposite coasts and I don't know any of my sister's fiance's kids well). Thought I'd pass it on, maybe someone else is crafty on this board (really if you can sew a straight stitch you could probably make them just fine too.)

My idea was to pick up some of the Halloween fabrics when Joann's starts clearancing them out at at the end of the month and make bed sets and sleeping bags for the MH dolls.

Like I said, off topic, but maybe a fun/budget project for someone.

I've been gobbled by ADisneygirl!
jenlynn0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

I just picked up the Werewolf sisters at Target today! First time I've actually seen them so

I also wandered over to the bedding section and found the Monster High comforter, twin sheet set, and throw I know Target is doing the comforter for $20 on Black Friday, but I'd rather be safe than sorry lol

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
hiclarke
Mouseketeer

Picked up Clawdeen - Scaris series in Justice and at 40% off. Now to find the "new" Scaris dolls.
hiclarke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: