DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #151
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting your photos, Iceman93.

When we were at Aulani, we also heard from a DVC CM that a reclassification may be needed on the odd-numbered ocean view villas in the Waianae Building.

I'm sure DVD will have to tweak the Aulani point chart because of the elimination the Standard View Grand Villa. However, a reclassification of Waianae's 28 odd-numbered vacation homes from Ocean View to Island View would necessitate more significant increased points costs, just like the downgrading of 10 BLT Theme Park View villas to Standard View resulted in increased point charges at BLT.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #152
slum808
Earning My Ears

Did I miss something, what happened to the standard view GV?
slum808 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #153
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by slum808 View Post
From a post by wdlr in another thread:

Currently, there is one Standard View Grand Villa on the first floor of the Waianae Building (#101) and two Standard View Grand Villas on the second and third floors of the Ewa Building (Villas #289 and #389). In October, Disney will permanently eliminate GV #101, putting a pool side cafe in its place.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #154
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slum808 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc_john View Post
From a post by wdlr in another thread:

Currently, there is one Standard View Grand Villa on the first floor of the Waianae Building (#101) and two Standard View Grand Villas on the second and third floors of the Ewa Building (Villas #289 and #389). In October, Disney will permanently eliminate GV #101, putting a pool side cafe in its place.
Thanks, dvc_john for putting in the quote about the elimination of one Standard View GV at Aulani.

Here is a link to an article with photos on some of the enhancements that are occurring at Aulani. The Standard View GV in the Waianae Building will be eliminated, but there will still be two Standard View GVs on the endcap of the Ewa Building. They are considered standard view because their views of the ocean are obstructed by the rooftop of the Ama'Ama restaurant.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #155
PinkGrandma
Earning My Ears

Booking Villa

I'm just about to book a 2 bdrm. villa for Spring 2013 for my husband and I and our son, daughter-in-law & granddaughter (5). Any suggestions? We have never stayed at a Disney vacation villa before and I am just wondering opinions about if it is better than having 2 rooms at the regular hotel? are shampoo, etc.included?, how often do they supply towels, etc.? Are the villas close to the pools, etc. or are we going to have to walk a mile? Any input anyone can give me would be so appreciated. We are looking forward to our first all family vacation being a Disney one!!
PinkGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #156
krbrat
Mouseketeer

Aulani for Honeymoon

I am wanting to book Aulani for my son and his fiancee's honeymoon. Since it is not my home resort I cannot book until 7 monthe out. Do any of you think I will have trouble getting a room?
Wilderness Lodge 2005
Vero Beach 2007, 2009, Animal Kingdom 2008
Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise 2011
krbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #157
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbrat View Post
I am wanting to book Aulani for my son and his fiancee's honeymoon. Since it is not my home resort I cannot book until 7 monthe out. Do any of you think I will have trouble getting a room?
We booked right at the 7 month mark back in December for our trip this past July. I was on the phone right at opening and got exactly what we wanted. We were actually at WDW during our booking time so there I was in Liberty Square booking our Aulani trip.

I would say just get online or call right when your window opens up and you should be ok.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #158
krbrat
Mouseketeer

Thanks Cinderpamela. How did you enjoy the resort?
Wilderness Lodge 2005
Vero Beach 2007, 2009, Animal Kingdom 2008
Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise 2011
krbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #159
Iceman93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGrandma View Post
I'm just about to book a 2 bdrm. villa for Spring 2013 for my husband and I and our son, daughter-in-law & granddaughter (5). Any suggestions? We have never stayed at a Disney vacation villa before and I am just wondering opinions about if it is better than having 2 rooms at the regular hotel? are shampoo, etc.included?, how often do they supply towels, etc.? Are the villas close to the pools, etc. or are we going to have to walk a mile? Any input anyone can give me would be so appreciated. We are looking forward to our first all family vacation being a Disney one!!
I can't really help on the 2br villa vs 2 hotel rooms; each has its pros and cons. What I can verify is that, as a paying guest and not a DVC member on points, you will get full housekeeping in your villa twice a day just like in a regular hotel room. They will restock your shampoo, soap, etc., change your linens and towels, and all that exactly the same. And the walks to all of the common facilities are exactly the same length (short!) in either a villa or a hotel room.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #160
theOCdisney
Mouseketeer

After being here at Aulani i have new appreciation for all the pictures. I would make a suggestion for an additional room category. I would divide the ocean view into two. 1. Partial ocean view and 2. Deluxe ocean view. This would solve the problem of some people getting a much better view than others who are paying the same amount in points. Even some of the garden/pool view rooms could be moved to the partial ocean view room category. When we get to Kauai tomorrow I will post pictures of our room. A garden/pool view room with a peek-a-boo view of the ocean through the trees. We have thoroghly enjoyed our stay here at Aulani. The attention to detail is what makes this such a level above other resorts in the same class. We can hardly wait to return to Aulani with our children and grandson. Perfect place for a multi-generational vacation.

Aloha!

P.S. We need a hula dancer smiley.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #161
shoedude1971
Earning My Ears

Room 964 view

Posting pictures of room 964, overlooking the new area for the Starlight Hui.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1035372...67932797564242
https://picasaweb.google.com/1035372...67882179448066
shoedude1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #162
DVCTiff

DIS Veteran

We are in #784 Studio and have an amazing view of the ocean and pool area. No complaints. This place is paradise. I had no problems booking at the 7- month window, and I honestly can't remember if I booked online or by phone. I'm guessing by phone because I just made online readies for next April, and I was a nervous wreck so I'm guessing I made these by phone.
May 2005 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Oct 2006 - Grand villa at Saratoga Springs
May 2008 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
May 2010 - AKL - Kidani Village
October 2012 - Aulani - OMG, we bought more points !
April 2013 - Boardwalk Villas - Nephew's Spring Break
April 2014 - Back at Aulani - Just the two of us

For me, Disney is like crack--I always want it, as soon as I'm done with it I need it again, and it's hard to pay for. -- Alliecats

DVCTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #163
Psychodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOCdisney View Post
After being here at Aulani i have new appreciation for all the pictures. I would make a suggestion for an additional room category. I would divide the ocean view into two. 1. Partial ocean view and 2. Deluxe ocean view. This would solve the problem of some people getting a much better view than others who are paying the same amount in points. Even some of the garden/pool view rooms could be moved to the partial ocean view room category. When we get to Kauai tomorrow I will post pictures of our room. A garden/pool view room with a peek-a-boo view of the ocean through the trees. We have thoroghly enjoyed our stay here at Aulani. The attention to detail is what makes this such a level above other resorts in the same class. We can hardly wait to return to Aulani with our children and grandson. Perfect place for a multi-generational vacation.

Aloha!

P.S. We need a hula dancer smiley.
ITA with both...room category and hula dancer!
We were very happy with our even numbered ocean view but after seeing some of the odd numbers.......we would have been very disappointed over there!
Psychodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #164
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOCdisney View Post
When we get to Kauai tomorrow I will post pictures of our room. A garden/pool view room with a peek-a-boo view of the ocean through the trees.
I'll add your villa to the list in Post #1 once you post your photos. Mahalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoedude1971 View Post
Posting pictures of room 964, overlooking the new area for the Starlight Hui.
I've added villa 964 to the list in Post 1. I'll also update the charts in Post 1 to show that villas xx64 are studios and xx62 are one-bedrooms. Appreciate your contribution to this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTiff View Post
We are in #784 Studio and have an amazing view of the ocean and pool area. No complaints. This place is paradise.
I totally agree: Aulani is paradise! I've added to the charts in Post 1 that villas with room number xx84 are studios. Do you have any photos you would like to share? Mahalo!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #165
lark
DIS Veteran

1204, studio -- pretty spectacular views.

Moved to 363, Standard View 1 BR. Nice to have the extra space, but one could easily call this room, "no view." Still, they let us in at 9:00 a.m., which was great. As an aside, it felt like this room had only very recently opened. Some of the stuff in the room seemed never used -- like, literally. I don't think many guests have stayed in this room at all yet.

lark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: