Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #226
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

Hi, just checking in for Belle and I. I have fall/Halloween titles done, fall/Halloween paper piecings done, 2 banners cut, 2 designed, paper pulled for mats and have started with designing the Halloween kit. Belle has designed her banners, has paper pulled for mats, has titles designed (all but 1), and paper piecings designed and some cut. We also have started working on designing the altered item.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #227
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

Danielle,

Is there anything you would like to see for winter/Christmas titles? I could always use titles for Christmas at Disney, including the parade, lights, trees, characters, or for opening presents on Christmas day, decorating the tree, or playing in the snow
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #228
LaWannaYeager
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom
LaWanna, do you have any christmas/winter/holiday traditions? Any particular titles? Planning any trip for this year or last year that you have needs for?
We have a trip planned to go to Disneyland around Christmas time. My Grandbaby's name is Elysa, I don't get to see here at Christmas but I will have pictures of her if you want to do something with that. We also just got back from the trick or treat party at Disney.
Is there any titles that you need, trips you might be taking or any traditions?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #229
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbeaton2 View Post
We just got back from Disneyland for our Trick or Treat party. We had lots of fun! We will be heading to Disneyland again in December to meet up with our friends from Canada. I could use titles for: the Christmas parade at Disneyland, it's a small world holiday, haunted mansion holiday, Disneyland Christmas trees, opening Christmas presents, playing in the snow, decorating the Christmas tree. Hopefully that helps you out with some ideas.

Do you wear a costume for the Halloween party at Disneyland? Are there any Christmas/winter titles you would like to see?
Hi
I hope you had a fun time at the TnT Party! We go in 1 week and I can hardly wait.
Yes, we dress up. I havnt decided if I will be Arizona Rita (Indy Jones inspired) or a pirate, not wench. DD will be Pinocchio and DS hasnt decided either as of yet. Nothing like the last minute to decide!
Arizona Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #230
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Lisa,

when you get a chance could you share more of your Christmas traditions and evens so I can think of ideas for your titles and such.

Rebecca
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #231
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbeaton2 View Post
Danielle,

Is there anything you would like to see for winter/Christmas titles? I could always use titles for Christmas at Disney, including the parade, lights, trees, characters, or for opening presents on Christmas day, decorating the tree, or playing in the snow
Kristi, Hope you had a great time while cruising! Thanks for all the ideas. I'm really very flexible when it comes to christmas holidays. I still have one who is young, so anything really goes. We still build snowmen, go sled riding, have snowball fights, have a big christmas morning at our house with breakfast for grandparent and aunts and uncles, he still believes in santa etc. I could also use anything disney related since we usually go at thankgiving time. Totally up to you.....you can't go wrong!

My update: I have everything done but 2 banners from the swaps posted previously. The banners are stumping me. I don't know why I can't get them right. I'm still thinging through my altered item. Hope to have that started next week. I'm so happy with the pieces I have made and I hope you are too!

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #232
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWannaYeager View Post
We have a trip planned to go to Disneyland around Christmas time. My Grandbaby's name is Elysa, I don't get to see here at Christmas but I will have pictures of her if you want to do something with that. We also just got back from the trick or treat party at Disney.
Is there any titles that you need, trips you might be taking or any traditions?
Thanks, that helps!

As for us, no trips planned. Title ideas could include Christmas morning, making cookies, trimming the tree, family memories. We spend time with both sides of the family on Christmas day so I end up with lots of family shots. Hope this helps!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #233
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
Kristi, Hope you had a great time while cruising! Thanks for all the ideas. I'm really very flexible when it comes to christmas holidays. I still have one who is young, so anything really goes. We still build snowmen, go sled riding, have snowball fights, have a big christmas morning at our house with breakfast for grandparent and aunts and uncles, he still believes in santa etc. I could also use anything disney related since we usually go at thankgiving time. Totally up to you.....you can't go wrong!
I had a fantastic time on the crusie! Lots of relaxation and wonderful memories! Now back to work on this swap!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #234
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

2-page layout kit and 6 titles done!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #235
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up on all the challenges! Need to work on my altered item after dinner.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #236
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Ya ladies!

I'm thinking bout my challenges. Need to finish a few now that my computer is back. Dbf is actually working on it at the moment. Printer wasn't installed.

Still stuck on my altered item. But I think I have a plan.....

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #237
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney
Ya ladies!

I'm thinking bout my challenges. Need to finish a few now that my computer is back. Dbf is actually working on it at the moment. Printer wasn't installed.

Still stuck on my altered item. But I think I have a plan.....
Honestly, I'll love anything you make!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #238
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
Lisa,

when you get a chance could you share more of your Christmas traditions and evens so I can think of ideas for your titles and such.

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca,
we do tree trimming, making cookies, have my family on Christmas eve for dinner & gifts, Megan still open's stocking & small gift from "Santa" in morning
go to BIL on Christmas for dinner...Megan will be dancing in a local holiday parade and at a "WinterFest"
hope that helps!

what all do you celebrate?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #239
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb

what all do you celebrate?
We trim the tree, have a caroling hayride, have a candlelight service, use an advent wreath, open gift on both Christmas eve and day, have 2 church parties, go to the Wee Care Christmas program (our church prek), open stockings (a special family tradition).
Rebecca
Old 10-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #240
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
We trim the tree, have a caroling hayride, have a candlelight service, use an advent wreath, open gift on both Christmas eve and day, have 2 church parties, go to the Wee Care Christmas program (our church prek), open stockings (a special family tradition).
Rebecca
thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: