Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #2506
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Jinx!
I prefer "great minds think alike"

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

Old 10-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #2507
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Warning way but I thought I could count on my YC/BC friends for some help. My DH wanted to start an aquarium, so about 6 weeks ago we did. I got a Mickey Mouse fish that I named " Walt" which DH found funny. Today we got another Mickey Mouse fish and I need to name him.... Help!

Awesome fish......love the Mickey head on the tail .

Quote:
Love it!!!

I was going to say Lillian, but you said it was a male.

The obvious choices are:

Mickey

Disney

Roy
I like the name Mickey . We have a male cat named Mickey, but I guess that isn't surprising given my screen name .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #2508
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Warning way but I thought I could count on my YC/BC friends for some help. My DH wanted to start an aquarium, so about 6 weeks ago we did. I got a Mickey Mouse fish that I named " Walt" which DH found funny. Today we got another Mickey Mouse fish and I need to name him.... Help!
Fab fish! How about (steamboat) Willy? Goes with Walt!

Last edited by Clarabel; 10-07-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Edited Quote didn't work as intended
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #2509
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Wow! That was a lot of reading! I have learned a few things along the way...

#1 - Hello Little Princess Lily!
#2 - Hello Teena!
#3 - I need to belong to some type of club....maybe closer to the trip.
#4 - ASK FOR A FULL BALCONY!
#5 - Let me know how my request looks - My DH is a smoker (not a fan - but to each their own) and likes to be close to a DSA. So close to lobby, full balcony, 1st floor. (No - he will not be smoking on the balcony since this is permitted and I would be upset if someone would be doing it near us. I'm allergic so he sticks to this rule).
#6 - I have learned with the complaints regarding the other resorts I have stayed at to #1 do my homework and #2 not to pay attention to every complaint regarding a resort. To each their own (again). I like the overall look, very different from the Poly. But we are looking for something different.

Let me know how my request looks and are there any first-timer tips? Looking forward to something new.

Oh...and before I forget...the tip about the Grand Marnier (Grey Goose Slushie) at France made me giggle. We were already working out a strategy before I saw this fantastic tip!!!!

'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 10-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #2510
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have two of those in our fish tank! They are "Mickey" and "Minnie"

Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #2511
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
NEMO! Nemo! NEMO!!!

People will say "Hey! that's NOT a clown fish!" and you can say "Yes but he's still got a lot of Disney in him, look closer."
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #2512
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
NEMO! Nemo! NEMO!!!

People will say "Hey! that's NOT a clown fish!" and you can say "Yes but he's still got a lot of Disney in him, look closer."
If they can find him!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #2513
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If they can find him!
Ba dum dum!

Fishing for a laugh? Perhaps we should quit clowning around? These jokes are really 'tanking'...

~NM
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #2514
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

If they can find him!
LOL!! Samantha has a beta fish and his name is Nemo.

My vote is for Disney.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #2515
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Oswald

Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #2516
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Ba dum dum!

Fishing for a laugh? Perhaps we should quit clowning around? These jokes are really 'tanking'...

~NM

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #2517
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post

#5 - Let me know how my request looks - My DH is a smoker (not a fan - but to each their own) and likes to be close to a DSA. So close to lobby, full balcony, 1st floor. (No - he will not be smoking on the balcony since this is permitted and I would be upset if someone would be doing it near us. I'm allergic so he sticks to this rule).
Request looks great 1971. And welcome to the Y&BC thread. All first floor rooms have patios with chairs so that will work great. Sounds like you have really done your research and enjoy planning so jump in and enjoy the conversation.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #2518
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol View Post
Here's a question for all you Beach & Yacht Club experts--I will appreciate any advice you all have!

I have a trip planned for the BC in February. There's a new thread out there about the worn out and dirty rooms at the BC: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003368

I'm not too concerned about the mousekeeping--that's a hit & miss problem anywhere--but I'm concerned about how "worn" the rooms and halls will look. We don't make it to Disney every year, so we've saved and planned a lot for this trip. We will be disappointed in a room that doesn't feel like a deluxe.

For those that have stayed at either the BC or YC (or both!) in the past year, do you think one is in better shape than the other? In my place, would you switch your reservations to the YC or just keep them at the BC?
I have not stayed at the BC yet, that is not until next month. I did want to chime in on the worn dirty room thing though. Several years ago my family stayed at the Poly. Oh my goodness! The posts about that resort were horrendous, filthy outdated rooms, corridors piled up with dirty trays, mousekeepers that were terrible. I was a little worried that even if half of the posters were correct the stay would be less than stellar.

Nothing could have been further from teh reality of our experience. Our rooms were spotless. We were visited by the manager of the resort as well as the manager of the housekeeping staff that afternoon, both asking if our rooms were acceptable. I told them how much I appreciated the visit and that our rooms were perfectly fine. AS we chatted I told them how much my DGD loved the little animals that were in the rooms and thanked them both for those special little touches that make people happy. They told me to be prepared.................every night there were animals scattered all over the rooms, all interacting in some way with my DGD's "Marsha Fiona" and all of the new plush toys she was acquiring as each attraction sent us into a store.
I would suggest that you put aside the bad reviews, people tend to complain when things are not right so those posts generally will far exceed those that say the rooms were fine. Disney is very good about making things right if you run into an issue
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #2519
nanhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We've stayed at both BC and YC several times and NEVER had a problem with a dirty or shabby room in either resort. I saw and posted on the other thread about the dirty BC rooms but in honestly this wasn't our experience AT ALL.
I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.
Quote:
I really don't know how to answer your question about the condition of the rooms at the BC and YC. I have seen reviews from both ends of the spectrum from guests who have just returned. I'm honestly not sure that you will have a definitive answer until you stay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
I would suggest that you put aside the bad reviews, people tend to complain when things are not right so those posts generally will far exceed those that say the rooms were fine. Disney is very good about making things right if you run into an issue
Thanks all for great advice on this. I'm sticking with the BC! I'm just so deep into planning right now and should probably just put all the Disney stuff aside until a few weeks before our trip. I should...but I probably won't! I guess I'll just spend the next 4 months rethinking and rearranging my ADRs!

When my kids become obsessed with a video game or movie and just want to talk about it, I tell them to stop using all their energy and brain power thinking about their video game and to "use their power for good". (Imagine if they focused that much on their school work?!?!) Why can't I take my own advice? Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #2520
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Here is a picture of Teena's grandaughter Lily, who was in a wedding this weekend.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: