Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #1051
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I finally just broke down, logged into my account, and applied for the DV. I was approved and put $200 of my balance on the account and called to get my discount.

I'm a little bummed because I have my heart set on staying in a Savannah room at AKL but those rooms are only 5% discount

The standard view and pool view are 35% off.

I kept the savannah view room but used the p/s/d instead of the RO discount and saved $484.12 but if I take the pool view I could save $1,144.88 because I'd get the 35% off with the RO offer.

I am fully aware that in the end it's my choice. I could get more of a discount if I modify my reservation but I wish WDW would just make my life easier by giving me a 35% RO discount for the room I want...why is that so much to ask
As you said, it is your choice, but quite honestly for that savings, I would do the pool view. We have stayed at AKL several times. And yes, we did have a savannah view once so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this, but I think the pool view is very lovely. There are so many places to see the animals that you won't miss them by not having a savannah view. I guess it also depends on how much time you plan on spending in your room. Is it cool to wake up in the AM and see a giraffe? Certainly. But is it $1144.88 cool? To me, it wouldn't be. Not when I could probably walk out of my room, down the hall a bit, and see the same thing through one of the observation areas. Just my opinion and trying to give you something to think about.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #1052
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoreland View Post
As you said, it is your choice, but quite honestly for that savings, I would do the pool view. We have stayed at AKL several times. And yes, we did have a savannah view once so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this, but I think the pool view is very lovely. There are so many places to see the animals that you won't miss them by not having a savannah view. I guess it also depends on how much time you plan on spending in your room. Is it cool to wake up in the AM and see a giraffe? Certainly. But is it $1144.88 cool? To me, it wouldn't be. Not when I could probably walk out of my room, down the hall a bit, and see the same thing through one of the observation areas. Just my opinion and trying to give you something to think about.
I appreciate the thoughts...I really am thinking about making the switch to the pool view. I LOVE the idea of being able to get up in the morning, sit on my balcony with a cup of coffee, and watch the animals. BUT...in reality we are only there 4 days. We have early breakfast ADRs for two of the mornings and I'm sure we'll start the other two days bright and early as well. Then we have late dinner ADRs every night...so how much am I really going to sit on my balcony?? Probably not much at all. Your comments about the public viewing areas then really makes sense that we'll get to enjoy the animals without the cost given our time in our room.

I'm also giving thought to downgrading to POFQ because I had a good experience there last year.

Tough choices!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #1053
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got off the phone with the CM and specifcally asked about POFQ and she confirmed that the RO is 5%.

If you plan on dining and tix then the p/s/d is probably the better option for POFQ.
Thanks. That deal prob won't work for me because we have APs.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #1054
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
does anyone know what the difference in price would be (approx) to upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe?
I would imagine that it would depend on which mod to which deluxe you are thinking of. Go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ and put together a hypothetical package.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD dancing in XMas parade taping
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #1055
melissarose
Mouseketeer

well i was interested in the pricing for the yacht club. for 6 nights/7days, 2 adults. plus dining plan and 5 day non-park hopper tickets. i've priced up a package but figuring out all the discounts is too hard for me LOL never been much good at math.
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #1056
Andreia
You're never too old to become younger!

Hello everybody!

While we wait for oct 10th, can you tell me which WdW resort is the best to be at New Year's Eve?

Does discounts apply for stayings begining at Dec 30th? We are going to stay 7 days before going on DCL Dream on January 6th.

I've already booked Holiday Inn at Dowtown Disney as a backup, but I'm willing to change for a s/d/p discount...

Thank you!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #1057
natb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
Hello everybody!

While we wait for oct 10th, can you tell me which WdW resort is the best to be at New Year's Eve?

Does discounts apply for stayings begining at Dec 30th? We are going to stay 7 days before going on DCL Dream on January 6th.

I've already booked Holiday Inn at Dowtown Disney as a backup, but I'm willing to change for a s/d/p discount...

Thank you!
HI! I think staying at any hotel at Disney on New Year's would be super fun!! My family and I are also going on the Dream on January 6th!!! super excited!! and annoyed that I can't book a discount for our stay at Disney after the cruise...it's not fair that us Canadians can't have a Disney visa..
natb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #1058
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
well i was interested in the pricing for the yacht club. for 6 nights/7days, 2 adults. plus dining plan and 5 day non-park hopper tickets. i've priced up a package but figuring out all the discounts is too hard for me LOL never been much good at math.
What dates? I think I've gottent he math down somewhat close and would be happy to help but would need the dates!!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #1059
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
Hello everybody!

Thank you!
No. The s/p/d offer begins on Jan 2. The holiday offer ends December 22. So you will be missing out on both.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #1060
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What dates? I think I've gottent he math down somewhat close and would be happy to help but would need the dates!!
oh duh! sorry i forgot that lol. february 2-8! thanks sooo much for your help!
i'm not sure which would be cheapest, room only or the S/P/D?!

so it's feb 2-8
yacht club
2 adults
5 day base tickets (non park hopper)
dining plan

thanks again!!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #1061
Andreia
You're never too old to become younger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
No. The s/p/d offer begins on Jan 2. The holiday offer ends December 22. So you will be missing out on both.
Hi! Thank you!
Do you think it's ok to split, stay first nights at HI and then change to WdW resort on Jan 2?
Andreia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #1062
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia

Hi! Thank you!
Do you think it's ok to split, stay first nights at HI and then change to WdW resort on Jan 2?
That's what I'm doing! We arrive at AOA LM 12/31 and then we will switch to POFQ on Jan 2. - with the P/S/D offer (hopefully!!)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Crossing my fingers for a Disney Cruise and a Disneyland trip in spring 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #1063
ana_carol
Mouseketeer

Im going crazy trying to figure it out the difference in staying in a value and upgrading the dining plan or staying in a moderate with the p/s/d.
Im sure it will make a big diff for us, since we are staying 14 days, 3 adults and 1 kid, we will have 5 day base tickets.
Anyone have any idea?

Ana (35) DH(50) DS (10)DS (6)
AllStar Movies (Woody Building) sep 2008
Pop Century (Tramp Building) and All Star Movies (Buzz Building) jan 2010
Pop Century out/nov 2010 MNSSHP & MVMCP & Free dining
California jul 2011
French Quarter jan 2012 - Free Dining
ana_carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #1064
Mommy2cody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana_carol
Im going crazy trying to figure it out the difference in staying in a value and upgrading the dining plan or staying in a moderate with the p/s/d.
Im sure it will make a big diff for us, since we are staying 14 days, 3 adults and 1 kid, we will have 5 day base tickets.
Anyone have any idea?
Me too. We are booked at POP but I really want to stay at POFQ or POR. We are only staying 8 nights though! Not sure what to do!

November 8-15, 2014 Port Orleans - French Quarter!
January 5-13, 2013 POP Century Resort! Our First Trip!
Mommy2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #1065
bluejean84
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Would you mind giving me a estimate for POR January 26-feb3. 2adults. A 9 year old a5 year old. 5 day base tickets. Disney dining plan.
Thanks.
bluejean84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: