Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
waltslostnephew
Mouseketeer

Free dining 2013

I am starting to think that free dining in 2013 is not going to happen. We are thinking end of Jan. like last year. Starting to look into a Universal vacation, anybody else, suprised it has not happen yet?
waltslostnephew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
tiggore91
Tiggore91

The last promo for the free dining going into December just ended on Friday. I would think in the next few days here they would be putting out a new promo for Jan-March time.
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Well, there is FD with the Bounceback offer right now for this same timeframe next year. Maybe this provides some hope for other FD offers in 2013. We just booked another stay late Sept 2013 with FD at POR with the bounceback. If we decide not to go, we'll just cancel, but I wanted to have the offer booked just in case.

We are looking at other vacation options for next year though. Last week was a fantastic vacation, but we'll keep all our options open for next year.

Not sure about a general public offer for Jan 2013 though.

Dan
DisneyFive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

As a PP has mentioned, there is already a FD Bounceback offer for next year. There is also, currently, a FD offer for UK residents. Just be patient- I'm sure a GP FD offer is imminent.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
littlelulu3
Earning My Ears

Question

What is "bounceback" that I have noticed mentioned in several of the posts? We are hoping to go back to WDW once again this January or maybe February and my DH will only agree to go if we get free dining. He says the expense of feeding all of us is too much without it.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltslostnephew View Post
I am starting to think that free dining in 2013 is not going to happen. We are thinking end of Jan. like last year. Starting to look into a Universal vacation, anybody else, suprised it has not happen yet?
Patience, grasshopper... Disney needs to fill rooms during the slow season, and they already have FD out there for the Europeans and on a BB offer. It'll come in its own time.

We did a split with Universal last year. We stayed at the Hard Rock. Walking distance to everything, and, being a Universal on-site resort, we got the fast pass to everything but HP and early entrance to the park. One of us got a Universal season pass to get a huge room discount, as well.

Craig
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

There is free dining Jan to early March. Disney Visa Cardholders got an email last week to prebook "Oct 4 thru 7 before the offer opens to the public on Oct 10."
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBi View Post
There is free dining Jan to early March. Disney Visa Cardholders got an email last week to prebook "Oct 4 thru 7 before the offer opens to the public on Oct 10."
The offers available to Visa cardholders right now aren't free dining. There's a room only offer, and a new package offer called "Stay/Play/Dine".

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starclassic

The offers available to Visa cardholders right now aren't free dining. There's a room only offer, and a new package offer called "Stay/Play/Dine".
Ah crap...you are right.....I didn't read it close enough.....guess I have to go back and do the math.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
waltslostnephew
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Still waiting...
waltslostnephew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
merina888
Mouseketeer

I got the Disney VISA offer and it's not FD. I don't see an FD offer being made until spring, if then. From where I sit, the room only discount is better than the stay/play/dine offer that is coming to the GP on Wednesday.
merina888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

I was on the chat feature with a CM yesterday asking some questions about packages. I asked her if any free dining would be coming out for February. She told me to check back frequently and I might be surprised very soon. I said, really? I told her I thought the only deal was going to be the stay/play/dine package. She said that Disney loves to spread pixie dust.

So....IF they come out with free dining, we would save another $400. Cool.

But, my question is, why would they offer free dining and the s/p/d package too? Free dining is most like a better deal for most people. Were they maybe testing that package to see the interest? I get so confused with Disney and how they work things. I guess I will believe it when I see it.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

The s/p/d package is *almost* FD, with the exception you have to pay $17.16 (2013 off-season plus dining rate) for it. So, instead of getting $55.59 per person per night in the way of discount, you're getting a $38.43 discount per person per night.

I expect that Disney is going to test stay/play/dine for a while to see if it has the same draw as FD. The period that this offer covers is some of the lowest attendence times, and if they don't fill rooms, you'll start seeing a rash of new offers coming out by Thanksgiving. Think of s/p/d as a beta test of their way to wean people off FD on a year-round basis.

Craig
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Of the many CMs I've spoken to recently while trying to acquire the best possible deal, one mentioned to me that while Disney no longer gives CMs a heads up on upcoming promotions, the way they can usually tell something big (like FD) is coming is Disney will have them sign up for OT hrs or extra shifts. I believe she said they put that out there but that may have been for Stay/Play/Dine - too soon to tell I guess. That pkg was only about $50 higher than FD for us. I just wish they'd stop excluding LM but I guess that's not going to happen, even in Feb.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
Of the many CMs I've spoken to recently while trying to acquire the best possible deal, one mentioned to me that while Disney no longer gives CMs a heads up on upcoming promotions, the way they can usually tell something big (like FD) is coming is Disney will have them sign up for OT hrs or extra shifts. I believe she said they put that out there but that may have been for Stay/Play/Dine - too soon to tell I guess. That pkg was only about $50 higher than FD for us. I just wish they'd stop excluding LM but I guess that's not going to happen, even in Feb.

Hmmm, that makes sense. Let's hope FD is coming too!

Fuzzlekins, I noticed from your signature that you have visited WDW in early February. Are the crowds pretty low? Touring plans says they will be at a 3-4 all week but I don't know what that means. Can you walk onto rides or are there long waits?
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: