Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran
 
kalliyan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,483

In Need of GYMBUCKS

if anyone has any they aren't going to use, I would love to have them.
TIA
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Beehn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 387

I just PMed you. It's just $25, but I hope it helps.
Beehn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran
 
kalliyan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehn View Post
I just PMed you. It's just $25, but I hope it helps.
Thank you so much!!! anything helps!
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 7,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliyan1 View Post
if anyone has any they aren't going to use, I would love to have them.
TIA
You beg for these every 3 months. I never see you offering any extra Gymbucks, only asking for them.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran
 
kalliyan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
You beg for these every 3 months. I never see you offering any extra Gymbucks, only asking for them.
Because I USE them. I don't beg. I simply ask and if no one uses them why let them go to waste? Not sure why its any of your business and I find your comment rude.
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 7,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliyan1 View Post
Because I USE them. I don't beg. I simply ask and if no one uses them why let them go to waste? Not sure why its any of your business and I find your comment rude.
It's not rude to point out when someone consistently takes but doesn't offer anything back to the community. You could do quite well collecting Gymbucks at $25 apiece from multiple members every 3 months.

I suggest that anyone who has spare Gymbucks that they aren't going to use should buy or order something from Gymboree and take it to the closest Goodwill shop (or other charity). That way, you know that you're helping someone truly in need and your Gymbucks won't go to waste.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!
 
ClarabelleCowFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,495

There are plenty of Gymbucks for sale on ebay. If you need extras, check there.
__________________
ClarabelleCowFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,296

Gymbucks are more like coupons, right? $25 in Gymbucks is only good if you spend $50, so it's like getting half off but you have to spend the minimum amount of double the Gymbucks. I think that's why a lot of people don't end up using them, if they have nothing to buy at the moment and they'd have to spend $50 just to use the Gymbucks discount.
__________________
Disney Dream 5-night double dip June 2012
Disney Magic 4-night Galveston to Cozumel February 2013
Disney Magic 4-night to Bahamas January 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran
 
kalliyan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
It's not rude to point out when someone consistently takes but doesn't offer anything back to the community.
I'm sorry but I still don't understand why you felt you had to interject your opinion in this thread. The gymbucks expire tonight so ebay, etc wasn't an option. If someone has them sitting around and they AREN't going to use them or list them or whatever you think they should do with them, WHY does it bother you that they give them away to someone that will use them? It's not like I'm getting the stuff for free, I still have to pay.
WIth regards to giving back to the community, I didn't realize that the only way to contribute was in a monetary fashion. I feel like I have contributed in other ways just like alot of others on this board.

This is why I "BEG for gymbucks" as you so loving put it.....On top of having 5 children, 3 of which we adopted from Asia, we also have foster kids, we only get so much monthly to care from these kids and it never seems to be enough for extras (birthdays, Christmas, etc) I love these kids like they were my own so if I can buy them a nice outfit to wear to school or someplace special, I will. Thats why any little bit helps and perhaps I am guilty of "BEGGING for the gymbucks" as you put it.

So many times on this board, people make comments and assumptions about others based on a single post and it's just ridiculous. I love this board but that is one thing I HATE about it.

I wont let your comment bother me any longer because I will get plenty of joy when I see the look on my 8y/o foster daughters face when I present her with her new outfit that she can wear on picture day, thanks to the generosity of the person who gave me their $25 in gymbucks that would have otherwise gone to waste!

Have a Nice evening and perhaps you should think twice before you comment on someone else's post. You don't always know all the circumstances.
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
familyoffive
DIS Veteran
 
familyoffive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 3,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliyan1 View Post
I'm sorry but I still don't understand why you felt you had to interject your opinion in this thread. The gymbucks expire tonight so ebay, etc wasn't an option. If someone has them sitting around and they AREN't going to use them or list them or whatever you think they should do with them, WHY does it bother you that they give them away to someone that will use them? It's not like I'm getting the stuff for free, I still have to pay.
WIth regards to giving back to the community, I didn't realize that the only way to contribute was in a monetary fashion. I feel like I have contributed in other ways just like alot of others on this board.

This is why I "BEG for gymbucks" as you so loving put it.....On top of having 5 children, 3 of which we adopted from Asia, we also have foster kids, we only get so much monthly to care from these kids and it never seems to be enough for extras (birthdays, Christmas, etc) I love these kids like they were my own so if I can buy them a nice outfit to wear to school or someplace special, I will. Thats why any little bit helps and perhaps I am guilty of "BEGGING for the gymbucks" as you put it.

So many times on this board, people make comments and assumptions about others based on a single post and it's just ridiculous. I love this board but that is one thing I HATE about it.

I wont let your comment bother me any longer because I will get plenty of joy when I see the look on my 8y/o foster daughters face when I present her with her new outfit that she can wear on picture day, thanks to the generosity of the person who gave me their $25 in gymbucks that would have otherwise gone to waste!

Have a Nice evening and perhaps you should think twice before you comment on someone else's post. You don't always know all the circumstances.
I thought that asking for votes or things like this are against Dis rules. Perhaps that is why it was pointed out?
familyoffive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran
 
kalliyan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,483

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffive View Post
I thought that asking for votes or things like this are against Dis rules. Perhaps that is why it was pointed out?
I'm not sure that that's why it was pointed out. If it is against the rules, I was unaware of that. I've seen several posts in the past asking for gymbucks in the past so I'm not sure
I think the person pointing it out is just upset because I have asked before.
kalliyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!
 
ClarabelleCowFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,495

Gymbucks are earned by spending a certain amount of money. They aren't just coupons that are handed out for free. You earn a $25 Gymbuck for every $50 you spend during Gymbucks earning time. You can then redeem every Gymbuck you earned during redemption time (this period ends tonight).

There are a few posters that beg over and over for Gymbucks. It's been going on for years just like the posts of people begging for money/donations or American Girl dolls. I thought that was against the rules of the DIS but I have never seen the threads shut down.

And actually ebay is still an option since the seller can send you the code electronically via email or ebay messages just like someone on the DIS could. Just something to keep in mind if you still haven't placed your order and need more. Gymbucks usually sell for about $10 for each $25 Gymbuck.
__________________
ClarabelleCowFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #13
sookie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,398

Gymboree will void gymbucks if they are being sold on E-bay.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.