Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
thomascaldwell1
DIS Veteran

Photopass Pre-purchasing info needed!

Looking to save money and pre-order a Photopass CD-Rom. If I remember reading correctly there is now a Photopass Plus that allows us to get our photos from certain attractions and dining options on the CD. How do I pre-order the Photopass PLUS option? Is there a special code needed or anything to get a discount on this? Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Thank You!!

thomascaldwell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
whoopsiedoodle
Mouseketeer

I think you can just use this link...
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/dlrphotopassplus.aspx
whoopsiedoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopsiedoodle
I think you can just use this link...
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/dlrphotopassplus.aspx
That link is for the Disneyland photo pass. You certainly don't want to order that if you are going to WDW!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014

Last edited by HayGan; 07-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
yankeeslover
Mouseketeer

im looking at this myself

what is the difference between the two? i see the cd offer is 119.99.. what does that give me? also how much is the upgraded one? when do we pay that? where do we pay that? and what is the upgraded svc? we will be arriving at disneyworld on 8/10..thanks
Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

PP plus is also available for pre-order at a discount.

If you add the "plus" to your pre-purchased regular PP once you are there, you lose the discount, from what has been posted on the boards.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
thomascaldwell1
DIS Veteran

So I know I want the WDW Photopass plus because it includes some of the dining photos like at 'Ohana which is traditionally our best family photo and it includes some of the ride photos like Test Track (yes, I know it is currently shut down). So I pay the $169.95 and they send me a regular photopass card- where and when do I upgrade it to plus with the voucher they send with the photopass card? What if w take some photos on that card before we redeem our voucher to make it a plus card?? Any details that can be offered would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
thomascaldwell1
DIS Veteran

BUMP! Hoping someone can help to advise on the details of how to change the regular Photopass card they send by mail to the Plus option- where and when can this be done? Thanks very much!! :-)

Old 07-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
HayGan

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascaldwell1
BUMP! Hoping someone can help to advise on the details of how to change the regular Photopass card they send by mail to the Plus option- where and when can this be done? Thanks very much!! :-)
They don't send you a photopass card. You get it from photopass photographers in the parks. You add the number from the card into your account when you get back home.

One word of advice - take a picture of the back of your photopass cards in case you lose them. If you lose the card you can get a new one but there isn't anyway to get the number of your d card. You can add multiple cards to your photopass account.

If you want the photopass plus deal I would preorder it from the link that was posted. That is your best deal
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
Old 07-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #9
HayGan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan

They don't send you a photopass card. You get it from photopass photographers in the parks. You add the number from the card into your account when you get back home.

One word of advice - take a picture of the back of your photopass cards in case you lose them. If you lose the card you can get a new one but there isn't anyway to get the number of your d card. You can add multiple cards to your photopass account.

If you want the photopass plus deal I would preorder it from the link that was posted. That is your best deal
From the link that vicki_c posted you when you preorder the photopass+, you get a voucher that you exchange for your card at the parks.
Next up:

Last edited by HayGan; 07-08-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
diannesa
Earning My Ears

I'm from Australia and we are taking the kids back to Disneyland in Nov. I always buy a photopass of our trip but was wondering if doing a prepurchase would give me anything extra? I've never done that before. Anyone done it in LA? Do you have to go in the park to redeem voucher? Would hate to miss the photos at the entrance... any ideas?
diannesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post

You do not get the photopass plus card from the photographers.

Here is the link for the plus preorder.

EMAW_KSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
heartsy77
New BCV DVC owner!

I didn't realize that there was pre trip plus offer! I ordered the pretrip cd offer in June! I sent them an email to ask if I could upgrade! Anybody know if they wil let me do this?
Old 07-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #13
HayGan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW_KSU View Post
You do not get the photopass plus card from the photographers.

Here is the link for the plus preorder.

Yeah - I said that about Photopass+ in the next post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
From the link that vicki_c posted you when you preorder the photopass+, you get a voucher that you exchange for your card at the parks.
Next up:
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
thomascaldwell1
DIS Veteran

Now that I have been and come back, we are planning for the next trip and I have yet another question... Since prices typically rise after December 31- does anyone know if I purchase the photopass plus package via internet in December 2012, but my trip is not until May 2013- it won't expire or anything, will it?? Please help! Thanks very much!!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
HayGan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascaldwell1
Now that I have been and come back, we are planning for the next trip and I have yet another question... Since prices typically rise after December 31- does anyone know if I purchase the photopass plus package via internet in December 2012, but my trip is not until May 2013- it won't expire or anything, will it?? Please help! Thanks very much!!
Nope - it won't expire

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: