Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #31
KimnChris
No Kids yet, but still Crusin`

Anyone know if they give you lanyards for the ship.. contemplating taking my Disney pin lanyard to wear on the ship to hold my key.. is it common to wear pinned lanyards?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #32
BAT
Mouseketeer

You will only get one if you have cruised with DCL before. Yes, you could bring one from the parks with your pins.
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #33
socababy
DIS Veteran

So sorry I haven't updated! I was exhausted last night and spent most of the day today by the pool. I'm almost out of minutes so I will update tomorrow night. So sad that I need to finish packing right now!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #34
kdn hawaii
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy
So sorry I haven't updated! I was exhausted last night and spent most of the day today by the pool. I'm almost out of minutes so I will update tomorrow night. So sad that I need to finish packing right now!
No problem! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Hope you enjoyed your last days!
kdn hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #35
j2tyco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
We relaxed in the room for awhile before heading to Wavebands to play Disney Wheel (aka Wheel of Fortune.) Every game this week has been Pixar themed and The Wheel was no different. They divided the room into 2 teams and we were just lucky enough to have some devoted Pixar fans on our team and we ended up winning! Our prize was all we can eat ice cream up on deck 9 (oh, and pride too!)

YAY this is where we "met" then.... I am Connor the "team captain's" mom...were you the ones sitting in the front row to the right of us then??? He LOVED that game and made some great memories hamming it up and being "in charge"

LOVE that you live blogged this trip ;-)
j2tyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #36
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great trip report! I travel solo with my 5 year old all of the time. I am a solo parent. No dad. It's challenging to keep my little boy happy and also get time to myself. We've done a 7 day and are headed on the 14 day Hawaii trip. I am really looking forward to it. I had hoped to stay out late and get to some of the adult only venues this time but I am not sure that will happen. Did you get to on this trip? How late does your DD last in the clubs?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #37
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh and I have to say awesome job on navigating public transportation in SF! I used to live in northern CA and always found all the numbered and lettered buses in SF confusing.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #38
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Love the trip report!!!! I can never seem to get it together to write one.

It was nice to finally meet you this cruise!!!! I'm glad we were right down the hall and I noticed the magnets Your DD is a doll!!
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #39
socababy
DIS Veteran

Day 6 - San Diego

Woke up this morning before the wake up call at about 6:30. We were already heading into San Diego but all the fog made me think Captain Fabian got turned around and took us back to San Francisco! I did see a small amount of sunshine peeking through the fog though so I knew the sun would be shining soon.

I waited as long as I could before waking dd up. Around 8 we head up to BBB for breakfast. We both had our usual since there wasn’t anything new up in BBB. Shortly before 9 we head over to Studio Sea for our excursion to Legoland! It didn’t seem like there were a lot of people in Studio Sea for the Legoland excursion but they had 2 buses to take all of us there. We didn’t get walked down to the bus until 9:20 or so and we were not on the road until 9:45.

Legoland is a lot of fun for the younger age crowd. There are no rides for the thrill seekers. However, if you love legos, the displays they have are awesome. We lie just about 30 minutes from Legoland and went for the first time last summer. All my kids had fun and I really liked how it was so different from a theme park like Disneyland. It was expensive (I’ll get more into that in a minute!) but I didn’t want to chance taking transportation on my own and then not making it back to the ship. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were light! If anyone has any questions regarding Legoland, feel free to ask!

When you enter the gates to Legoland, there are signs everywhere saying how you can upgrade your day pass to a Annual Pass. Towards the end of the day, I go and ask if our passes bought through DCL could be used towards an annual pass. I don’t have my onboard bill in front of me but I know I paid $120 for my ticket and slightly less for dd’s. I believe it is around $75 for a day pass if you by it at the park. So already DCL is making quite a bit off each ticket. After talking to someone at the Membership window, I am told the tickets were purchased through a 3rd party and that each of our tickets were purchased for $50 each, therefore giving us a $50 credit for each annual pass if we so desired! I never really gave thought to how much DCL is making off of excursions but now I have some idea! I did decide to upgrade out tickets to annual passes. Before the credits, mine was $130 which includes parking and dd’s was $99. So we will have future visits to Legoland over the next year!

Everyone seems to make it back to the bus on time! As soon as we have the freeway within sight, all we see is red tail lights! It is only 4pm and I am a little surprised to see so much traffic already. Luckily, the traffic lightens up before long and we travel smoothly back to the ship. Dd had fallen asleep as soon as we hit the freeway so she got in a good 45 minute nap. We were back on the ship and in our room around 5:00. I try to call home to talk to my boys only to realize they are probably on their way to batting practice. Dd and I rest and clean up before heading to dinner. I did snap some pics of the USS Midway which we were docked right next to.

Tonight is pirate night and we had dinner in Tritons. Now that I am writing this report from home, I cannot recall what I ate at dinner. I know I did have some fabulous spicy shrimp and calamari because Bonieface had both made for me every night! Dd had no desire to take pictures with anyone tonight besides Stitch. So after dinner, we went straight over to where Stitch would be arriving soon at 7:30. I love how Stitch laid down on the ground to sign dd’s book.

Dd wanted to go to the Club but it was going to be Open House at 8:30. She did not want to go to the lab. Tonight’s show was the fabulous comedy of Alfred and Seymour once again, only this time is was good clean comedy for the whole family! I did make it the night before to see the adult show and I laughed as hard as I did when I saw them the first time on the Dream. Dd wanted to go to the shops but I told her they wouldn’t open until 9 so she should go to the lab if she didn’t want to see the show. She decided it would be best to go to the show with me because then we would be really close to the shops when they opened! LOL The show was funny and even dd laughed a lot!

We hit the shops after the show. I did give dd some guidelines, NO MORE STUFFED ANIMALS and whatever she got had to be small. LOL I was really looking for a Merida poster that I had seen as a prize at one of the trivia games but it was not for sale in the shops. So dd ended up with some small, hard plastic princess dolls.

None of my kids really have any interest in going up to the Pirate Party anymore. So dd and I went to deck 9 to get some drinks and then we headed back to the room. The bummer about being on deck 8 is that you cannot see the fireworks from your veranda. This is also my 4th time with a veranda on the starboard side and I have never had a letter in my room stating to not be outside during the fireworks. So dd and I listened to the fireworks and saw a glow from them but that was about it. LOL We both were exhausted from our long day so we headed to bed!

Last edited by socababy; 10-06-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #40
socababy
DIS Veteran

I was hoping to add all my photos to the previous posts tonight but photobucket is being a pain even on land!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #41
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Love your trip reports!!!!

I want to vacation with you.

Your daughter is beautiful, love the Stitch pic.

I had the delicious bread bowl of soup last year in San Francisco. Now I need to get back there for more....
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #42
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

I hope to see Alfred and Seymour one day. Sounds like a great show!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 10-07-2012 at 11:11 PM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #43
jennJK
Earning My Ears

i love your TRs, thank you!! :D
jennJK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: