Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
dyna
DIS Veteran

Question Window coverings on budget

I'm in central FL where the sun is very strong east window that faces street 75" wide x 50" long window. The shortest curtain/ drapes I'm finding are 63" which I can center on the wall have as much above window as below.

I HATE the rod pocket & the back pocket don't think much of the tabs either which leaves the grommets. DH likes the old fashioned pleated on the traverse rods YUCK!

Then there are the rods which are outrageously priced along with the curtains an drapes.

I don't have to have room darkening but I need something that will hold up in the FL sun for a few yrs which to DH is is the rest of his life time say 20 yrs. LOL

Hey at one time they actually made draperies that would hold up that long an ppl used them that long an longer I was 1 of them. Left a pair in IN that I bought in 1985 they was going strong when I left 2 yrs ago they was on a west window. Totally wrong size color & everything for what I need now.

Any ideas? DH just does not do well with any kind of blinds or shades he's not that mechanically inclined or somethin.
dyna is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: