Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #1351
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRegulars

When we took our son at 14 and 24 months it wasn't for him. It was for us! We were having Disney withdrawal after nearly two years sans le mouse. So glad we went too because it was great to see Disney through a toddler's eyes. I was 5 for my first trip and every time i ride the Tomorrow Land Speedway i still think of my first ride on it with my Mom and how we bashed against the rails the entire time.
Thats great to hear!! Our DS will be 14.5 mos on our trip and two different people told me I'm being very "brave" bringing him that young!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #1352
nadiakim
Disney yesterday, today and forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Hi i just stumbled upon this thread,i too am a Disney addicted mom(and sadly hubby doesn't get it)I have two princesses that are 9 and 7.HI all

My husband isnt disney crazed either but he saw just how much happiness it brought the kids and me seeing the kids so happy that he is starting to come around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY*Figment View Post
3 1/2 years later and I hit my 500th post.
Woohooo... Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
I wish we lived on the same continent as WDW lol! The thought of interrupting my DS's sleep cycle by taking him to WDW next year is really scary BUT we have a great bedtime routine in place so I'm hopeful that will stand to us when we travel! Fingers and toes crossed!!!
Even being in the same time zone, going to disney all bedtime routines were out the window for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 729tink View Post
I'm in the same boat! DH tolerates my obsession, but it would be so much easier if he was as enthusiastic - I wouldn't have to try as hard to convince him to go down there. We're from CT too - the drive is not that bad, especially if you drive through the night and your littles sleep!
We will be doing that drive as well but from a little closer cause we are in MD. We left in early evening so that we could drive through the night as well. That way we didnt start hearing are we there yet until we were about 4 hours away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzozzietj View Post
Thanks for the welcome! We do LOVE Animal Kingdom because of the animals but I'm really looking forward to the holiday theming at SSR and being close to DTD this trip. We were at SSR last October and had a room in the Springs section, it was SO close to the food court, the splash pad with Donald, etc I loved the convenience! We will have a rental car but not having to buckle her into the car seat etc for a quick trip to pick up food is a nice convenience!

We took our DD for her very first pictures with Santa in DTD and love those pictures. We have the photopass for this trip so hope to get them done again. I don't think we'll get the CD in before Christmas but I can take her multiple times so we can pick the best pictures for our Christmas Cards. They took a bunch last time and they are so much nicer than what we can get done locally at the malls. I love seeing the size of her fingers on his.

This was from her first trip:
Aww. We loved Animal Kingdom lodge too. Waking up and seeing all those animals right on the resort was soo cool. And the quiet peacefulness was wonderful. Miss that place for sure. What time were you there when you did pics with Santa at DTD? I think we are skipping the phot pass cd this year because we only plan to be in the parks three days and mainly we plan to scurry around so we can get the kids on their fav rides. That way the rest of the trip we can relax. When did you say you were going this year? Just curious if they will have xmas decorations up when we are there.

ME DH DD (8) DS (6) DD (3) 115 Days till Disney Vactaion
nadiakim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #1353
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiakim View Post
Aww. We loved Animal Kingdom lodge too. Waking up and seeing all those animals right on the resort was soo cool. And the quiet peacefulness was wonderful. Miss that place for sure. What time were you there when you did pics with Santa at DTD? I think we are skipping the phot pass cd this year because we only plan to be in the parks three days and mainly we plan to scurry around so we can get the kids on their fav rides. That way the rest of the trip we can relax. When did you say you were going this year? Just curious if they will have xmas decorations up when we are there.
We were there the first week in December for these photos and are going the same week this year. I think I read somewhere that the decorations are usually up by the middle of November but I'm not certain and I don't know when Santa arrives for photos. They also had photos with Santa in the Magic Kingdom on our last trip but we found the lines were shorter at Downtown Disney.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #1354
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Hi Everyone....
We are a family of 3 and will be taking our baby to WDW for the 1st time in November. We are meeting family that have a 2 & 6 year old.

Really looking forward to being there with our miracle baby!!!!!

Hope you don't mind if I stick around.....Maria

What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #1355
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Welcome Maria! And congrats on your newest Disney fan! Are you also over on the scrapbooking boards?
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #1356
NEVERENOUGHWDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Welcome Maria! And congrats on your newest Disney fan! Are you also over on the scrapbooking boards?
Thank you!!!!! Going to look for the scrapbooking thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #1357
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
Thank you!!!!! Going to look for the scrapbooking thread
Look under the Creative Community. I recognize your user name from somewhere on here. Photography? Running? Those are my usual hang outs on the Dis. Maybe the picture of the day thread?
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #1358
nadiakim
Disney yesterday, today and forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW
Hi Everyone....
We are a family of 3 and will be taking our baby to WDW for the 1st time in November. We are meeting family that have a 2 & 6 year old.

Really looking forward to being there with our miracle baby!!!!!

Hope you don't mind if I stick around.....Maria
Welcome and congrats!!

ME DH DD (8) DS (6) DD (3) 115 Days till Disney Vactaion
nadiakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #1359
NEVERENOUGHWDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Look under the Creative Community. I recognize your user name from somewhere on here. Photography? Running? Those are my usual hang outs on the Dis. Maybe the picture of the day thread?

Yes, photography...picture of the day.

nadiakim, thank you for the congrats!!!!! He's a dream come true

Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #1360
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

We arrived at WDW, yesterday. After driving all Friday night we had R&R yesterday and today. MNSSHP tomorrow. Have a Magical Night!
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #1361
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Have a blast at MNSSHP! We did it a few years ago and had a blast! Can't wait to do it again someday.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #1362
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

Rant

This is just a rant. I'm tired of having my words misinterpreted and being accused of spending every dime we have along w/ wanting to do things because others are. One of the few things I am proud of myself is not following the Jones. Ggrrrrr....
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #1363
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is just a rant. I'm tired of having my words misinterpreted and being accused of spending every dime we have along w/ wanting to do things because others are. One of the few things I am proud of myself is not following the Jones. Ggrrrrr....
That's just silly. Not your rant the accusations...if you enjoy it and you have the money no one should be giving you problems. Enjoy yourself and any activities or things you do and perhaps consider that the people making the accusations are jealous that you are doing what you want and maybe they don't have the same opportunities. Or I could be totally off base...but sending lots of good vibes your way to help you to feel better about things.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #1364
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

I did it...momma and Lilly going to DL

Well, most of my family and friends are telling me I'm crazy but I just booked a trip to DL for Lilly and me in December. I asked the hubs and he said if it would make me happy to do it....he just deployed....again. We're only going for a few days, staying at the Grand....wish me luck, send good vibes...I'm nervous about the trip. PTR/TR link in my signature.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #1365
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good for you!!! you SHOULD be proud of yourself!!!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: