Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

A line cutting rant to get off my shoulders...

I really need to vent this rant, but not sure where the best place to put it is. I am just going to say it....

So we arrived at Epcot with one thing in mind that we HAD to do. My daughter wanted to meet Jasmine and Aladdin. We headed straight back to where the place is for them to meet and greet. The sign was there, but no line. I went over to a shop nearby and asked where we should line up. She told me to stand by the lamppost and that would be the start of the line. So, we did that. It was 11:15 and they were to come at 11:45. I know we were very early, but like I said...it was a MUST. Not very long after, others joined our line. I noticed some people kind of hanging around but not in the line, some were on benches that were close by as well.At about 11:25 a lady and her 2 daughters mosied up over to where the line is, but where Aladdin and Jasmine would stand. The lady was on her phone and the girls were just standing there. They stood there a long time and then walked away. Next thing I knew the lady got her stroller from by the benches and brought it up there in front of us. She did not say anything and kept her back to the line but it was clear she was trying to start the line. Now, I know it's not a big deal to be first or second in line....that is not the point of this rant. I could not ignore what she was doing though either. I went around her back and said "Excuse me, if you want to be in line to meet Aladdin and Jasmine then I believe the line is back there". I said it nicely, I had no reason to be rude to this woman. She turned and said, "No, we are fine right here, thanks." I told her she was cutting in front of all these people who have been waiting, including a very pregnant woman who was second in line after us and had been waiting, standing in the heat. She then stated that they were over sitting on the bench at 11 o'clock waiting for them to arrive. I told her that sitting on the bench was not the line and that there had been a line over by the meet and greet area for 20 minutes now. I asked her if she thought sitting on the bench after everyone had clearly made a line entitled her to walk to the front of the line. She said yes because they were there at 11 when no one else was. At this point I could tell she knew there was nothing I could say or do. She was a very rude woman with snide remarks the entire time she stood there. After they met with Aladdin and Jasmine, she shot a sarcastic "you all have a good day now" as she walked away.

I have never encountered such a rude person in my entire life...and I used to work in customer service. My husband actually tried to track someone down to do something about her actions(we did not know that nothing could be done). He talked to 4 different people and no one did anything. All they would have had to do was talk to the people in the line and they all would have told them the lady just walked herself up. The final person that we told actually asked if we were ok being second this time and apologized. Honestly, I did not care about where we were in line - be first, second or third, I just could not believe the rudeness of this woman or how she could do and say the things she did in front of her daughters.

It did not by any means ruin my vacation, but definitely put a bad taste in my mouth!!

We also ended up seeing a group cut in the Nemo line by coming in through the Emergency Exit door. There was a lot of rudeness in the World this trip and it is just plain sad.

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Last edited by Tigpooh; 10-07-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

There is lots of line cutting in Disney... It happens all the time but there isn't much you can do about it except grit your teeth, smile and say "Have a Magical Day"...
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

That's an aggravating situation for sure. Good for you for speaking up. There really wasn't much more you could do at that point.

Karma, got believe in that!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"

Last edited by tofubeast; 10-08-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
kandb
DIS Veteran

As she was walking by, I would of said something like, "it's a shame that your poor daughters have to see how rude and ignorant their mother is"!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Tigpooh;46377897]I really need to vent this rant, but not sure where the best place to put it is. I am just going to say it....

So we arrived at Epcot with one thing in mind that we HAD to do. My daughter wanted to meet Jasmine and Aladdin. We headed straight back to where the place is for them to meet and greet. The sign was there, but no line. I went over to a shop nearby and asked where we should line up. She told me to stand by the lamppost and that would be the start of the line. So, we did that. It was 11:15 and they were to come at 11:45. I know we were very early, but like I said...it was a MUST. Not very long after, others joined our line. I noticed some people kind of hanging around but not in the line, some were on benches that were close by as well.At about 11:25 a lady and her 2 daughters mosied up over to where the line is, but where Aladdin and Jasmine would stand. The lady was on her phone and the girls were just standing there. They stood there a long time and then walked away. Next thing I knew the lady got her stroller from by the benches and brought it up there in front of us. She did not say anything and kept her back to the line but it was clear she was trying to start the line. Now, I know it's not a big deal to be first or second in line....that is not the point of this rant. I could not ignore what she was doing though either. I went around her back and said "Excuse me, if you want to be in line to meet Aladdin and Jasmine then I believe the line is back there". I said it nicely, I had no reason to be rude to this woman. She turned and said, "No, we are fine right here, thanks." I told her she was cutting in front of all these people who have been waiting, including a very pregnant woman who was second in line after us and had been waiting, standing in the heat. She then stated that they were over sitting on the bench at 11 o'clock waiting for them to arrive. I told her that sitting on the bench was not the line and that there had been a line over by the meet and greet area for 20 minutes now. I asked her if she thought sitting on the bench after everyone had clearly made a line entitled her to walk to the front of the line. She said yes because they were there at 11 when no one else was. At this point I could tell she knew there was nothing I could say or do. She was a very rude woman with snide remarks the entire time she stood there. After they met with Aladdin and Jasmine, she shot a sarcastic "you all have a good day now" as she walked away.

I have never encountered such a rude person in my entire life...and I used to work in customer service. My husband actually tried to track someone down to do something about her actions(we did not know that nothing could be done). He talked to 4 different people and no one did anything. All they would have had to do was talk to the people in the line and they all would have told them the lady just walked herself up. The final person that we told actually asked if we were ok being second this time and apologized. Honestly, I did not care about where we were in line - be first, second or third, I just could not believe the rudeness of this woman or how she could do and say the things she did in front of her daughters.

It did not by any means ruin my vacation, but definitely put a bad taste in my mouth!!

We also ended up seeing a group cut in the Nemo line by coming in through the Emergency Exit door. There was a lot of rudeness in the World this trip and it is just plain sad.[/QUOTE]

We felt this also, we just got back recently and experienced a lot of rude people this year more so than usual.
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigpooh View Post
I really need to vent this rant, but not sure where the best place to put it is. I am just going to say it....

We also ended up seeing a group cut in the Nemo line by coming in through the Emergency Exit door. There was a lot of rudeness in the World this trip and it is just plain sad.
I really can't believe the gall of a person to walk right up and cut in front of you. At the very least, if she was "waiting" on the bench, she should have said something the minute you started the line. Plus, I'm sure everyone would like to go find a seat and come back to be first, but it doesn't work that way!

The Finding Nemo thing may have been legitimate though. I know that some children with sensory processing disorders and autism have a hard time going through the dark queues. I know I was advised to inquire about entering through the exit for the Finding Nemo ride with my son (4). There was really no wait time, and I forgot about asking to use the exit...anyway the queue ruined the ride for him. He was crying by the time we wound are way through and so was scared on the ride. He didn't want to try it again (too bad because Finding Nemo is his all time favorite movie). So entering from the exit may have been an arrangement made (and usually they have you wait someone first for your turn.)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

Tigpooh, you rock!

Great for you for taking the high road. You stood up for what was right without blowing your top.

I happily accept your rant and give you a virtual hi-five.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Sorry that happened.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Consider your self lucky she is the rudest person you ever met.

Last night there was a woman sitting on the curb at DHS over by the corner of the main store and Holywood and Vine. Smoking. It always irritates me to no end that the no smoking rules never seem to be enforced - but being in a wc now I am on the same level with my dd - I looked at the woman - probably with not a nice look on my face and she blew smoke directly in DD's face. The kid is 5! I was so mad - I told dd to hold her breath - some woman I front of me whippe her head around and I expected her to say something to me about my comment but she looked right at me and slowly grinned. I'm guessing she didn't like the smoke that couldn't be avoided either.

So yeah - I'd take line cutting self indulgent. Really I hope you didn't let the witch ruin your day. People feel so entitled these days.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
As she was walking by, I would of said something like, "it's a shame that your poor daughters have to see how rude and ignorant their mother is"!!!
This might have caused a full out bar room brawl. I would have been beside myself livid and would have gone to find an MC the moment she started showing me attitude. Being a former teacher, this kind of behavior from so-called adults really get my blood boiling as well.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
disneydonkey
Earning My Ears

I would have just walked around her and took my rightful place in line. What could she do about that.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

OP, sorry this happened but WDW or the local park, whether it 1982* or 2012, sadly you are bound to meet somebody with no manners.

* I went in 1982 and remember a line-cutter being very rude to my Dad when he politely pointed out where the back of the line was. In 2011 we did not encounter any rude people.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #13
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydonkey View Post
I would have just walked around her and took my rightful place in line. What could she do about that.
I'm with you, but I might have added that we had been waiting since before we left our room that morning or since before we left our house for vacation since apparently all that matters is that you are thinking of getting in line to hold your place.

By the way -- I am getting in line for all the rides for our next trip right now, so I am sure you all will forgive me if I walk straight to the front of each line when we get there.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class
April 2014 Grand Floridian July 2014 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic*
*April 2014 Disney Dream* UpcomingNovember 2014 Disney Fantasy

ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - MAY 2014 Viva Italia

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #14
Disneywhiz323
Earning My Ears

That is downright ridiculous! Some people just don't care about anyone but themselves I guess!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

I hate when this kind of thing happens, it puts me into a very uncomfortable place - if I "let it go" then I feel like I've been taken advantage of and if I challenge the person, chances are good it will not be a pleasant conversation and its unlikely anything will change as a result.

We were at Epcot last December waiting to see Duffy. We joined a fairly short line and a young family of three got in behind us. Right behind them came a large family of the parents and 6 kids who never stood still. One by one, they squeezed past the young family and they looked really uncomfortable and they just turned and left. The line stopped right when it was our turn while Duffy took a break. While we waited on him to get back, one of the boys behind us slid around us and stood in front of us and said to his mom, "Hey, now I'm first!", then he turned to his sister and told her to come up there with him. I could see the whole family would eventually be in front of us at this rate, and that's when I looked at him and said, "please get back behind me and stop bumping us". He looked at his mom and she told him to get back in line with them, she didn't try to defend them.

I hope the rest of your trip was wonderful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: