Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #1561
Jessica44445
Earning My Ears

Hello all,

I'm new to DISboards, and am taking my three kids to AoA this week (arriving 10/11, LK suite).

If we have dinner reservations at T-Rex in DD at 7:30, what time should I plan on being in line for the bus?

I'm sorry if this has already been covered; the quantity of info here is a little overwhelming.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #1562
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica44445
Hello all,

I'm new to DISboards, and am taking my three kids to AoA this week (arriving 10/11, LK suite).

If we have dinner reservations at T-Rex in DD at 7:30, what time should I plan on being in line for the bus?

I'm sorry if this has already been covered; the quantity of info here is a little overwhelming.

Thanks in advance for your help!
We usually like to be at the bus stop about an hour before our ressie, just in case we have to wait. If you get to DTD early, there is plenty to do/see before you eat!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #1563
Shykat
Earning My Ears

Just did my On-Line Check-In for my LM vacation. The only request I have, so far, is a King Size Bed since it's just me. I don't need the 2 beds and thought that the King bed might give the room just a bit more space. With the On-Line Check-In, the only request you could pick from was to add a Pack n Play. I really wouldn't know which of the buildings or floors to request in the LM section since, other than the King bed request, I would really want good WiFi reception. LOL Yes, I do travel with my computer and I do use it so the Wifi connection is important.

Does anyone know where the King Bed rooms are located or are they just scattered throughout the LM section?

With all the comments about the poor wifi reception in the rooms, has anyone tried it in the Food Court? Is it better there?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1564
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
Even though we're not staying in LK, I am excited to see photos since DD loves LK!

Enjoy your trip! I am also from Buffalo

We are at 73 days!! I just made reservations for Pirates and Pals for the evening of our first full day! I wanted it on our last day but waited too long. I'll call back occasionally and see if anything opened up.
just saw that you're down to a week now!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
Old 10-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1565
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

I know we've talked about this already. Can someone remind me if the cars suites have coffee makers and if so if they are the pod type?

I was looking at these: http://www.starbucksstore.com/on/dem...r-packs&navid=

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #1566
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjeeps View Post
I know we've talked about this already. Can someone remind me if the cars suites have coffee makers and if so if they are the pod type?

I was looking at these: http://www.starbucksstore.com/on/dem...r-packs&navid=

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I believe they are that type instead of a Keurig type.

Unrelated: Haven't made my way through this entire thread yet but what sort of sounds does the Nemo pool make?

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
Old 10-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #1567
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Just did my On-Line Check-In for my LM vacation. The only request I have, so far, is a King Size Bed since it's just me. I don't need the 2 beds and thought that the King bed might give the room just a bit more space. With the On-Line Check-In, the only request you could pick from was to add a Pack n Play. I really wouldn't know which of the buildings or floors to request in the LM section since, other than the King bed request, I would really want good WiFi reception. LOL Yes, I do travel with my computer and I do use it so the Wifi connection is important.

Does anyone know where the King Bed rooms are located or are they just scattered throughout the LM section?

With all the comments about the poor wifi reception in the rooms, has anyone tried it in the Food Court? Is it better there?

My parents room had a King size bed in Building 9 on the 4th floor of LM(I can't recall exact room # - might be able to check later - DS is napping on me right now!)

Old 10-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #1568
windan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammiDZ View Post
I'm sooooo thrilled to back on the boards! I booked our next trip to Disney! March cannot come soon enough. This will be my first time not at Pop, but I'm excited to go to the other side of Hourglass Lake/Generation Gap bridge. I've been watching the construction for so long, I'm excited to see the finished product!

ADR's done!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!

Same thing with us Tammi. Been at POP six times in the last 3 years and can't wait to "cross" the bridge!! Only two more weeks!!

DH DW DS
Old 10-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #1569
Jessica44445
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
We usually like to be at the bus stop about an hour before our ressie, just in case we have to wait. If you get to DTD early, there is plenty to do/see before you eat!
Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #1570
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlov View Post
My guess is the suites aren't selling as well b/c of the price. They're quite a bit more expensive than the suites at the other values, and way more expensive than the LM rooms. So, I can see why they're not getting booked as quickly. We're doing 2 LM rooms and still coming out much cheaper than 1 family suite. I think in this economy, cost is really a factor for many people.
Exactly. I was looking at a suit when my husband was going with me but it was actually cheaper to book at Port Orleans Riverside which isn't a suit but has 2 queen beds and is a moderate resort!

Old 10-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #1571
loveisWDW1977
Earning My Ears

Frozen food in fridge?

I was wondering if the fridge at AOA has a freezer compartment or if you can put any frozen food in at all.

we wanted to buy breakfast foods at the supermarket, but we dont know how many various things we can get.

I know raisin bread, english muffins, bagels and muffins can stay out, but we also like frozen waffles and breakfast sandwiches.

we plan to bring a toaster too.

TIA- Amy
Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #1572
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisWDW1977
I was wondering if the fridge at AOA has a freezer compartment or if you can put any frozen food in at all.

we wanted to buy breakfast foods at the supermarket, but we dont know how many various things we can get.

I know raisin bread, english muffins, bagels and muffins can stay out, but we also like frozen waffles and breakfast sandwiches.

TIA- Amy
LM room fridges do not have a freezer compartment. Family suites do.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #1573
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall

I believe they are that type instead of a Keurig type.

Unrelated: Haven't made my way through this entire thread yet but what sort of sounds does the Nemo pool make?
The underwater pool speakers play the music that you hear outside the pool too.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #1574
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisWDW1977 View Post

TIA- Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by myneverland View Post
LM room fridges do not have a freezer compartment. Family suites do.
We were in the Nemo section and we had a small freezer space, but when we put some water bottles in there to freeze, they never actually got cold enough to solidify to ice...just a note of caution.

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney

Me DH DS DS DD
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #1575
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by acc9242 View Post
Do you think LMR are being held for Pop Warner overflow? I tried to book a room for the first week of December (tried different days checking in, less days, more days, etc.) and no LMR rooms came up until I tried checking in on the 9th, which is the first day after Pop Warner ends. No problems finding one after that either. I ended up booking for later in the month but would reallllly like something before the 9th. I was just wondering if the rooms would be released closer to Pop Warner or if this is completely unrelated. I'll keep trying (and also trying to get the military discount).
I don't know if this has been answered but it's unlikely because the LM rooms are so popular, they're likely just all booked. December isn't that far away (even from August when this was posted).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: