Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
raceboymom
Earning My Ears

The rainforest shower sounds amazing! Thank you for the info. We will be booking this for sure!
raceboymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
bulldog42
Mouseketeer

I am wondering about the rain forest room on the Wonder. I haven't heard much about it. Is it worth getting a day pass? Are there hot tubs in the rainforest room on the Wonder? The posts on here make it sounds heavenly but they are not about the same ship.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
FLVacationGirl
Mouseketeer

Sounds heavenly! I felt more relaxed just reading about your trip. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
MISSREBECCA76
"Hello, My Name is Rebecca, and I have a Disney Problem!"

I loved this post! I too napped everywhere I could while on board, but my DH is more interested in taking full advantage of everything on the ship- so my naps were all cat naps :/ But this time I am thinking longer cruise=longer naps!!! Finger crossed!

1999 SOG First ever WDW Trip (with my HOT college bf, who is now my HOT husband!)2001 SOG Honeymoon trip 2009 CRB First trip with the kiddos in tow, grandparents too! 2011 OKW Santa was good to us, so kids, grandparents and even a great grandparent made the trip! 2012 Fort Wilderness Cabins 2012 Disney Dream- our first of many DCL experiences!2012 Beach Club
MISSREBECCA76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog42 View Post
I am wondering about the rain forest room on the Wonder. I haven't heard much about it. Is it worth getting a day pass? Are there hot tubs in the rainforest room on the Wonder? The posts on here make it sounds heavenly but they are not about the same ship.
The Wonder and Magic do NOT have hot tubs in the Rain Forest. I still loved it and am very much looking forward to spending as much time as I can when on the Magic next month. I can say from experience you can take a very nice nap in the Rain Forest room on the Magic!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebby View Post
I did see a couple sleeping outside Quiet Cove Cafe and another time I passed a couple on the yellow loungers - midship - deck 5 - right near the port holes. I always thought those looked like a good napping place. Perhaps I saw you twice.

And I second melting into a puddle of relaxation on the heated tile loungers. The staff assured me they'd wake me at closing.

I wish I would have had more time to relax so much I fell asleep in some open air spaces. Other than falling asleep during Finding Nemo I think I confined my naps to my stateroom. My 4-year-old kept me way too busy. Nothing wrong with napping in public as long as it's out of the sun.
Yellow loungers, midship, Deck 5 - We missed those - We'll try that next September

Always planning for the next trip
wishuponastarforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
wishuponastarforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva View Post
right there with you! We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. Since we both had colds, we were sleeping half the time in public too! Love those adult outdoor spaces on the Fantasy! The beds were pretty comfy too!
The beds were very comfortable. We also loved the extra storage space with the beds being so high. DCL just keeps getting better.

DOPEYLUVER - Enjoy - the chaises, beds and loungers are just waiting for you.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
j2tyco
Earning My Ears

since I have never been on the newer ships I cant even picture where they would put hot tubs in the Rainforest room on the Wonder..and unless they are in a different area completely I personally think they would distract away from the relaxing atmosphere of the main lounge area where the heated loungers are. On Dream and Fantasy are they in a different area and away from the heated loungers? I can just imagine people chatting while sitting in those hot tubs which would be really annoying to me

I only wish they would have been pumping in spa music when we were in there --that would have made it even that much more serene.

Did I mention we had the entire place to our selves for over 2 hours (and prob could have had it that way all day long)
j2tyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #24
Favorite Auntie
8 Disney nieces & nephews!
I'm in the loop now!
The real question should be WHEN do they sleep??
The TF's friend

We set sail in 12 days on the Fantasy, and we got the day pass for the rainforest room too. I can't wait. I can also fall asleep pretty much anywhere, and my favorite thing ever is a nap, so I am picturing my cruise pretty much going like yours did! Glad you had a great time.

MANY IN BETWEEN!!!

Favorite Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
wishuponastarforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2tyco View Post
since I have never been on the newer ships I cant even picture where they would put hot tubs in the Rainforest room on the Wonder..and unless they are in a different area completely I personally think they would distract away from the relaxing atmosphere of the main lounge area where the heated loungers are. On Dream and Fantasy are they in a different area and away from the heated loungers? I can just imagine people chatting while sitting in those hot tubs which would be really annoying to me

I only wish they would have been pumping in spa music when we were in there --that would have made it even that much more serene.

Did I mention we had the entire place to our selves for over 2 hours (and prob could have had it that way all day long)
The loungers are in an area by themselves but do look out where the hot tubs are. There is no noise from the hot tub area. There is even a curtain to close if someone wanted the extra privacy. We thought it well planned and beyond relaxing. We visited several times one day. Each day, the showers, loungers and hot tubs were not full. We did not have time to ourselves though. That sounds even more perfect !!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #26
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

I'm so happy to read this thread. I get so worried for folks on this forum who have every moment of every day aboard planned and have to be running every second.

I can't say that I think I'll take as many naps as you did when I'm on board in December, but I am part of the club that believes that a vacation should be relaxing, and I think it sounds like you had a fantastic time taking advantage of the activities that interested you and also taking in the magnificence of the ship and the ocean.
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
kristof65
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKwatercraftPilot
I'm so happy to read this thread. I get so worried for folks on this forum who have every moment of every day aboard planned and have to be running every second.
I am obsessively planning every minute of my cruise. Every darn minute will be spent relaxing and doing whatever strikes my whim :D
kristof65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #28
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuponastarforever

Yellow loungers, midship, Deck 5 - We missed those - We'll try that next September
Where are the yellow loungers, mid-ship, deck 5? Thanks!
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: