Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #16
JJ in wonderland
Mouseketeer

I am not an angel mommy or a mommy at all yet, and will not even pretend to know how hard something like that is to deal with. But my heart goes out to you and all the others who post and are just reading this about their angels.

Also Disneymommy78 I send some pixie dust your away and wish you all the best with your soon to be, newest additions to your family. My thoughts are with you
Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
meelkes
Earning My Ears

My heart and prayers go out to you and I'm sending you one huge internet hug right now.

meelkes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

I'm not an angel mommy, but I am an angel fairy godmother - I lost my "fairy" godchild when she was 3, she was the daughter of my best friend, who just happens to be my cousin. It hurts every single day.

Our community also lost a very special young lady when she was only 12 - Lucy Grogan. She was a friend and classmate of my younger daughter. I'm mentioning her because even though she has been gone for 6 years now, her friends are still involved in keeping her memory alive. She is and always will be remembered. This is her graduating class at our local high school. She will be there, in spirit.

Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your loved ones are in my thoughts - I hope you are able to find a way to comfort each other, keep close to your family as long as you have to, do whatever you have to to make it through each day. I can't tell you that it gets 'easier', how can it? Allow yourself the ability to wallow in the anger and grief, for you have every right to be angry and griefstricken. There is no timeline to this loss, but I must tell you that she knows she is loved. That pain you feel is that love you have for her.

Oh crap, I'm crying again - I miss my godchild so much, and my heart aches for my cousin and everything she and her husband have been through. Bless all of you, angel mommies and daddies, it is the greatest loss in the world, and my heart throbs for your losses.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #19
peter.scott279
Earning My Ears

There is nothing much I can suggest you…just wish you retrieve your mental peace and stay calm. Time would repair the loss…
peter.scott279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #20
Lilbunnyk
Thumper's #1 fan

Lost my baby

Just two weeks ago my baby, Adam was stillborn at full term (40 weeks). This was such a shock to my family and I since everything had been fine with him during the entire pregnancy. I even had an ultrasound 3 days prior to his birth and everything looked good. I am so lost right now, was expecting to be taking care of a baby and got sent home empty handed. I never imagined that my first born child would become an angel before I even got to know him. My heart goes out to all the other mommies and daddies that have lost a child. I know now that children are a precious gift.
Lilbunnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #21
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

Lilbunnyk, So sorry for your loss. I lost my 10yr old son almost 2 years ago. Your life will forever be changed. You are right, all children are a gift!!
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #22
TavieP
Mouseketeer

I'm no one's mommy and by rights I shouldn't post here but I wanted to let you know that tears are streaming down my face at all you've lost. You are brave, brave, brave women and I wish you all the comfort and strength in the world. One thing I learned after losing my mom last November is that love is eternal. The love we've shared is always with us.

Peace and strength to you.

"Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

TavieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #23
bhaton
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbunnyk View Post
Just two weeks ago my baby, Adam was stillborn at full term (40 weeks). This was such a shock to my family and I since everything had been fine with him during the entire pregnancy. I even had an ultrasound 3 days prior to his birth and everything looked good. I am so lost right now, was expecting to be taking care of a baby and got sent home empty handed. I never imagined that my first born child would become an angel before I even got to know him. My heart goes out to all the other mommies and daddies that have lost a child. I know now that children are a precious gift.
I am so sorry for your loss... And all other moms and dads that have had to go through this. Our son passed away shortly after he was born at 34 weeks. Like you we had no idea anything was wrong until he was born and he passed away. This happened to us in 2008 and sometimes it seems like just yesterday. I truly know how you feel, the hurt and emptiness. He was our first as well, so we were so excited and had his room done and everything ready for him. I am a different person now, much more compassionate to others, a better friend, and wife, and like you realize children are a precious gift not to be taken for granted.
Hugs to you! And if you every want/need someone to just vent to (even a complete stranger..heck sometimes that's best!) just let me know!
bhaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer

I'm an angel mommy too. Our daughter passed away at 5 years old this last March. She was born with a severe genetic disease call Walker Warburg. My heart goes out to all the other families on here who have lost children also.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #25
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

As fall is here, my heart is sad. My son loved playing in leaves. This entire week I have struggled. Missing a child that has passed never gets easier. Miss my boy.
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #26
sandramaac
Needs to look harder...
wonder what the punishment would be for excessive burping

Newer posters, I believer that this particular DIS'er was found to be posting fasle info about her life--she hasn't been on DIS in months once she was called out on the fake stories. I urge you to seach her name and see the one infamous thread that revealed it all. SO SO sorry for you loses. I just looked here because there is another DIS thread that is becoming higly emotional on another DIS board that is starting to have some folks questioning its validity and I came to look at the writing style on the poster to see if it was similar
sandramaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #27
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramaac
Newer posters, I believer that this particular DIS'er was found to be posting fasle info about her life--she hasn't been on DIS in months once she was called out on the fake stories. I urge you to seach her name and see the one infamous thread that revealed it all. SO SO sorry for you loses. I just looked here because there is another DIS thread that is becoming higly emotional on another DIS board that is starting to have some folks questioning its validity and I came to look at the writing style on the poster to see if it was similar
Oh my goodness... I see what you mean... I am so shocked. Please everyone, be aware.

So sorry to those of you that have lost children, I'm just so sorry for what you've been through

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: