Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom
I bet the guy really wanted the fully loaded model, settled on the base model to save a few thousand dollars, had second thoughts, and did verbally agree to pay the price difference if the dealership would let him bring the black one back and switch it out for the blue one.
even if that's true, it doesn't matter. The written contract supersedes any verbal agreement.

Quote:
After all, most car dealerships aren't exactly known for being flexible about letting customers change their mind once they've driven off the lot... unless there's more money to be made for the dealership.
local law is going to apply there. Where I live, you have three days to void such a purchase agreement.

Quote:
Like I said, just guessing here; but when the dealership accepted the price the guy had negotiated for the base model and let him drive away in the fully loaded model instead, I bet he was thrilled! I bet he also knew full well that they had screwed up.

Assuming I'm correct, I'm not seeing the customer in quite the victim light that everyone else here seems to be. While what he did may have been legal, it wasn't exactly ethical.
Even if that is true, the dealership till had no right to harass him or have him arrested.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: