Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #136
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I don't envy you to have to make that decision. I am in the same boat. We are doing MK most of Sat, because that is the only day my sister can go. Did you know that right now it's showing every WDW hotel booked for that weekend. This is NOT making me happy at all. This was supposed to be a slower time of year to go...you know compared to my normal Spring break trips. It's looking worse for that weekend. Luckily I have a couple of days at MK, so hopefully we can get what we want done.

I am just going to go with the flow...I hope.

I am now hungry looking at your ADRs...thanks.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #137
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Joining in! So excited to hear all about your plans for this trip!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #138
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I will try my best to help with your dilemma.

Okay, I haven't heard your other plans for the rest of the trip, so I can't comment on your other plans yet, but the one thing that sticks out to me would be making sure that you're taking advantage of the F&W festival. If you stick with your original proposed plans, F&W stays in the mix. If you switch it up, it doesn't. So that might be something to consider too.

I agree that I hate switching from park to park. It's annoying, but I'll do it when I feel that it's best.
Well, if we switch Epcot days, we would just do F&W on Friday and MK on Saturday, so we don't lose any F&W time...what I'm mostly concerned with is trying to not deal with crowds and not having to park hop a million times! It wouldn't be the worst thing, leaving MK and going to eat at Le Cellier, but it's not the best idea either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I vote Secret Option #4. Cancel the Le Cellier reisse. Don't you have 85 million Le Cellier ADRs for this trip? Or was that last trip? I can't remember... What if you just made a lunch ADR in the MK (or at one of the monorail resorts)?
Haha, I do have 85 million ADR's for Le Cellier this trip! Well, actually, 4. Ok, 5. But the 5th one doesn't count because it's on the day we leave and I only made that just in case we extended our trip, which we're not doing. I suppose I should have told you guys about my other Le Cellier ADR's before asking for advice...hmmm...I might go back and revise that update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I honestly have no idea... I mean, I honestly wouldn't suggest going to MK on the morning of a Le Cellier ADR again just because of what happened in May.

I also really want to make sure that you get to Animal Kingdom on this trip!!! I'm really no help, it's all very confusing to me! I feel like if the ADR were out of the mix, it would be much easier to decide. If you have another ADR for Le Cellier later in the trip then that is definitely what I suggest... even know I know that wasn't even secret option number three!
Yeah I know, I'm not a big fan of doing that either, I don't want to lose any MK time! I really feel like Saturday would be the best day for MK, but I'm so terrified of the crowds! They sound like they are going to be horrible!

We are definitely going to Animal Kingdom on this trip, so that's not a problem, it's just a question of where to fit it in. If we went Saturday, there's always the chance we could go later in the week too, something we've never done! *Sigh* I don't know. This is too complicated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hmm. Alright.

I am remembering correctly that you have multiple LC ADR's this trip, right? If so, then I would consider cancelling the one for Friday, and sticking with the MK Friday, Epcot or AK Saturday, AK or Epcot Sunday.

BUT I know that you do love LC, and why not go to the restaurant that you love multiple times during your trip???? Keeping the ADR, I would go with Epcot Friday, AK Saturday, MK Sunday.

My vote: keep your LC ADR. Also keeping in mind that in 2013, it'll go to 2 TS for lunch AND dinner, take advantage of the menu as it is at the moment!
I do have a few LC ADR's, I'm going to go back to my update and throw those in there and see if that helps anyone with the plans! I definitely want to hit Le Cellier at least twice!

I think your way sounds the best, in terms of crowds, I just hate the thought of waiting 4 days to go to MK during the day! But it does make the most sense. And it does give us a longer time in Animal Kingdom. AHHHHHHH!!!! This is stressful! Disney problems!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #139
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am going to totally second this! Make your life easier by not doing on the park switches. Plus, I know when you get dehydrated or if its hot you tend to get headaches, which wipe you out. Make your life simple. Switch it up a bit and save MK until later in the trip.

Enjoy the Le Cellier lunch because you love it there, but do Epcot that day too.
I know, I know! That makes the most sense, doesn't it? I guess saving MK for a little later in the trip wouldn't be the worst thing in the world! Going to Epcot on Friday seems to be the best option. I'm still just not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I was basically thinking a combination of these two posts, so I'll second (and third) them. Less park hopping and more Le Cellier. Keeping MK until later just makes it all the more magical!
Yeah, I know, after May I swore I'd keep the park hopping to a minimum, and I'd really like to stick to that. I wish the Food and Wine festival was going on all week, that would make things so much easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
haha, I agree with this one. I know you love Le Cellier but in my opinion it just seems like a little too much park hopping (and I like park hopping!) to start at the MK, go to Epcot for the ADR, then go to DHS and possibly back to Epcot. And I always like to go to the MK on our first park day-I don't think I could wait a couple days! If you really want to go to Epcot, why not just go for the Food and Wine stuff instead of the ADR? That way you don't have to worry about being there at a certain time. Sorry, I'm probably no help.

I agree, Marissa. I know it's all a matter of preference but this is pretty much why we don't bother making tons of ADRs. It seems like a hassle trying to figure out plans when you have to worry about being somewhere for a meal.
I like park hopping too, but I wanted to try to minimize it a little on this trip! I don't really love the idea of leaving MK to go to Le Cellier, but it wouldn't be the worst thing. I just don't want to get to MK and feel like we have a time limit, I hate that!

I wish I could do an ADR-less trip, but a big reason Brandon likes Disney is because of the restaurants, and there are some must do's that I have to go to also, so I just don't think it would work! I could cut way down on the ADR's though...maybe on our next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hmmm, I am so bad at making decisions, but i agree with some other readers, keep LC , you love it and if you start at MK, you might not leave..ane the $50 cancellation fee is tough to swallow!!
So valentine is gone...as we knew he would be...lets see how the search for a new mgr goes...
I want to go to Le Cellier that day, but I hate the idea of leaving MK! I'll have to tell you guys about other LC ADR's I have, I think that might help!

I feel bad for Bobby Valentine, it's not his fault the Red Sox were so awful. I knew he'd get fired the day after the season ended. I was holding out hope they'd smarten up and bring Francona back, but I just heard he's going to manage the Indians. Who knows what they're going to do???

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #140
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Thanks! That does seem like the best option, but we all know I don't do things the easy way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
F&W is over less than halfway into your trip, right? I'd say take advantage of that as much as you can and skip Le Cellier until later in the week when F&W isn't an option. I'd also suggest doing F&W at least one afternooon as opposed to an evening b/c if you start right around the time that WS opens, the crowds won't be as crazy.

I'd also say do less park hopping. I know the heat shouldn't be as big of an issue but don't run the risk of getting sick. Also, it's still early on in your trip and you don't want to get run down and end up exhausted and not enjoy your whole trip.

I'd do:

Friday: Epcot (AM: Future World, Late AM/Early PM: F&W), Park Break, DHS
Saturday: AK, Park Break, Cali Grill, MK
Well, I have an ADR for Le Cellier for Wednesday, so we'll be doing it that day no matter what, and Food and Wine will be over by then. But we have to go at least one more time, and all of my other ADR's are during F&W! That's why I'm trying to figure out what the best time to do that would be! It's so difficult! I love my week before Thanksgiving, but now I'm kind of regretting it, I wish I was going when you are going, you guys have Food and Wine every day!

I like your plans, but I hate waiting til Sunday to go to MK! AHHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I don't envy you to have to make that decision. I am in the same boat. We are doing MK most of Sat, because that is the only day my sister can go. Did you know that right now it's showing every WDW hotel booked for that weekend. This is NOT making me happy at all. This was supposed to be a slower time of year to go...you know compared to my normal Spring break trips. It's looking worse for that weekend. Luckily I have a couple of days at MK, so hopefully we can get what we want done.

I am just going to go with the flow...I hope.

I am now hungry looking at your ADRs...thanks.
Ugh, I know, that weekend is going to be crazy! I'm already prepared for how crowded it's going to be, which is why I'm actually taking crowd predictions seriously for once, I never do that! Once the weekend is over, the crowds should thin out, but from Friday to Monday I think will be crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Joining in! So excited to hear all about your plans for this trip!
Yay, welcome glad you're here!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #141
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Update on Le Cellier ADR's!

Hi everyone! I went back to my update from a few days ago and added in the Le Cellier ADR's that I have for this trip, if you guys wouldn't mind maybe going back and taking a look at them...I probably should have done that when I wrote the update, but I didn't think of it! THANKS!!! It is at the end of the update on Pg 9, written in this green color!

Thanks again!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #142
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Girl, that's a lot of Le Cellier reservations. So, what I gather is that you only really want to keep two of your Le Cellier ressies. Okay, that puts things into perspective more than anything else.

I think.....

Cancel Le Cellier on Friday. Go to Epcot, do F&W and then go to DHS for the evening.

Keep Le Cellier on Saturday. Go to Epcot in the AM so you can make your ADR. Leave Epcot after that to go to MK and then have your CG reservation and see Wishes.

Go back to MK in the morning on Sunday. Do your AM items at MK Sunday (oh, and cancel that Le Cellier ressie, I forgot to mention that). Potentially go to AK in the afternoon Sunday.

Just a thought.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #143
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Girl, that's a lot of Le Cellier reservations. So, what I gather is that you only really want to keep two of your Le Cellier ressies. Okay, that puts things into perspective more than anything else.

I think.....

Cancel Le Cellier on Friday. Go to Epcot, do F&W and then go to DHS for the evening.

Keep Le Cellier on Saturday. Go to Epcot in the AM so you can make your ADR. Leave Epcot after that to go to MK and then have your CG reservation and see Wishes.

Go back to MK in the morning on Sunday. Do your AM items at MK Sunday (oh, and cancel that Le Cellier ressie, I forgot to mention that). Potentially go to AK in the afternoon Sunday.

Just a thought.
I'm not gonna lie Danielle, I have a problem. An ADR hoarding problem. Especially Le Cellier.

No really, I am going to cancel 2 of them, I just don't know which two. Your idea sounds good, except I don't want to go to AK so late in the day, I have to go to Boma for breakfast before AK so I have to get there early! I feel like maybe just doing MK Friday, eat somewhere in MK, then do Epcot Saturday, suck it up and stuff myself with Food and Wine AND Le Cellier, and then do AK on Sunday. I don't know! See, even typing that out I'm saying "nope, not gonna work" in my mind. I have issues!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #144
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm not gonna lie Danielle, I have a problem. An ADR hoarding problem. Especially Le Cellier.

No really, I am going to cancel 2 of them, I just don't know which two. Your idea sounds good, except I don't want to go to AK so late in the day, I have to go to Boma for breakfast before AK so I have to get there early! I feel like maybe just doing MK Friday, eat somewhere in MK, then do Epcot Saturday, suck it up and stuff myself with Food and Wine AND Le Cellier, and then do AK on Sunday. I don't know! See, even typing that out I'm saying "nope, not gonna work" in my mind. I have issues!
We should make a very special show called "ADR hoarders". You can be on the premiere episode.

I feel the dilemma. I've been in a similar position too. Don't over think it for too long though, because I don't think you'll ever come up with the perfect solution.

This may not even work out, but is there another day you could reschedule Le Cellier for? So you can still get your two reservations? That might solve the dilemma.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #145
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I still don't really know... but I feel like taking advantage of the F&W is more important! Don't yall pay out of pocket anyway? I don't know how much the prices will change in 2013... so I really don't know. BUT, I know they have a lot of Le Cellier stuff AT the Food and Wine festival, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad canceling one or two ADRs!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #146
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said that you had a few LC ADR's!!!!

Okay, my vote pretty much stays the same: keep the Friday and Wednesday ADR, and save MK until Sunday. I think it will be worth it in terms of crowds!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #147
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I guess if you really really have to eat at Le Cellier twice, I would do it Sunday and Wednesday. Isn't Sunday the last day of the F&WF? You said in your post how you're worried eating at LC on Saturday will cut into F&W time. So why not just do the MK on Friday, go over to Epcot later in the day when you feel like leaving MK and enjoy the Food and Wine Festival stuff those first couple days?
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #148
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We should make a very special show called "ADR hoarders". You can be on the premiere episode.

I feel the dilemma. I've been in a similar position too. Don't over think it for too long though, because I don't think you'll ever come up with the perfect solution.

This may not even work out, but is there another day you could reschedule Le Cellier for? So you can still get your two reservations? That might solve the dilemma.
I know, right? I would totally be on that show! I would hope I'd win something for being on it...like a Le Cellier ADR!

Yeah, I'm trying not to over think this all too much, I mean, it's not the end of the world if we end up doing the wrong things on the wrong days. If I didn't have to worry about that stupid cancellation fee with Le Cellier I'd just say let's do what we want on whatever day, but I have to get this all figured out at least a few days before we go so I can cancel those ADR's and not get charged.

I check every day for available LC ADR's and there's nothing, for lunch or dinner. If something pops up, I'll grab it, but I don't know, it doesn't seem very likely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Okay, so I still don't really know... but I feel like taking advantage of the F&W is more important! Don't yall pay out of pocket anyway? I don't know how much the prices will change in 2013... so I really don't know. BUT, I know they have a lot of Le Cellier stuff AT the Food and Wine festival, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad canceling one or two ADRs!
I've thought about only going to Le Cellier once but I think Brandon might freak out. We pay OOP for some things, but we are on the dining plan, so we do have to think about TS credits too! *Sigh* I don't know. Basically I have no idea what's going to happen with all of this. I'll probably tell you guys one thing and then do the opposite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said that you had a few LC ADR's!!!!

Okay, my vote pretty much stays the same: keep the Friday and Wednesday ADR, and save MK until Sunday. I think it will be worth it in terms of crowds!
I know...I also have one for the day we're leaving that I have to cancel because we'll be home already...I just made that one in case we stayed an extra day!

If your plan didn't mean waiting til Sunday to go to MK during the day, I'd be all for it, but I just really don't think I want to wait that long!!! I've never had such a problem scheduling a trip before. This is stressful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I guess if you really really have to eat at Le Cellier twice, I would do it Sunday and Wednesday. Isn't Sunday the last day of the F&WF? You said in your post how you're worried eating at LC on Saturday will cut into F&W time. So why not just do the MK on Friday, go over to Epcot later in the day when you feel like leaving MK and enjoy the Food and Wine Festival stuff those first couple days?
Monday is the last day of F&W, they extended it because of Veteran's Day! So we will be going to Epcot on Sunday and Monday too, to go to Food and Wine, so maybe going on Saturday just to eat at Le Cellier won't be so bad...hmmm...now you've given me something to think about! Thanks!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #149
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

New Stuff!!

Hi everyone! I wanted to put this itinerary drama behind me for a little while and take a break from the day to day plans (I know, that's sad, only 3 days in! ) and share some of the new stuff I got for this trip! I think I finally have everything figured out, but who knows, tomorrow I might change my mind!

First, I think I mentioned to you guys about having some camera problems a while ago, and never following up...sorry about that! Basically, the camera that I bought last October was great and I loved it, but during out May trip, a tiny piece of fuzz got stuck in the lens. If you go back to my TR, you can see it in some of the pictures, I tried to edit it out as much as I could, but I'm not very good at editing, so it was kind of annoying having this black mark on most of my pictures. We brought it to a camera shop to see if it could be fixed, and they said we'd have to send it back to the company, which would cost almost as much as a new camera! So we decided to just buy a new camera. I considering getting a DSLR, but since I don't know how to use one, I figured I'd wait. Instead I got another Panasonic Lumix, which is the camera I had last year, except I got a newer version!

I actually bought a Sony first, but I played around with it, and while the pictures on the camera looked great, when you put then on a computer, they looked terrible! So I returned it and got another Panasonic. I'll just have to be more careful with this one...I have a feeling whatever got in the lens is my fault, I kept shoving the camera into my Hipster and leaving it in there, but not in the case...oops! Lesson learned!

Speaking of Hipsters...I got a beautiful new Vera Bradley Hipster for this trip, which I love! It's so pretty!

Isn't it nice? I love the colors! I wasn't planning on getting a new Hipster for this trip, but Vera Bradley sent me a $20 off coupon that had to be used in September for my birthday, so I figured, why not?

Last but not least, I got new Minnie Ears! I just ordered these from the Disney Store, and I cannot wait to get them!

Aren't they so cute? I have the red ears with the green bow from a few years ago, so I thought I should get these ears too! I'll probably bring both my red and green ears, and maybe even the classic black ones too on this trip! I love wearing ears, and there's no other time in life that you can, except in Disney!

Those are my new fun things that I bought for this trip so far! I'm sure I'll get a couple of other little things over the next few weeks, but nothing too exciting, maybe some Disney tee shirts or something!

Up next...back to the Day to Day plans!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #150
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Ok, seriously I just saw those ears and said "Awwww!" out loud. I want them! Hahaha I just want a Christmas trip to wear them on. How adorable!
That's a nice little camera, I really like the Lumix line.
I also like your new bag, very nice!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: