Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

Disney Decor in your Home?

Do you decorate your home with Disney touches? I have a few things here and there. Check out my photos:
http://thefloridafamily.com/2012/10/...rating-disney/
Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

The countdown chart is long gone, but the Mickey photo collage and several paint chips are still on this wall:

November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Very nice!! I love everything you have! We too have the "wish you were here" Polynesian beach print! I love it!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Oh, and I did a 1000 piece Cinderella puzzle that I framed and hung in my bedroom.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
The countdown chart is long gone, but the Mickey photo collage and several paint chips are still on this wall:

I love that photo collage!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

I collect quite a few David Doss Disney prints. My newest came 2 weeks ago--The Beach Club print! Love it!

I have scattered Mickeys around the house. Nothing too "in your face" but quite a few. Kids love to look around and see all the Mickeys, lol.

We built our house 3 years ago and it has columns on the front of the house that have tapered wood columns ate the top and stacked mtn. stone at the base of the columns with a hidden Mickey on two of them. One big one facing out and one little one facing inside the porch. Here's a link to the pics: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....n+house&page=2

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

I have it blaring Mickey. My aunt wasnt too fond of it at first when I brought my stuff to Texas, but it's growing on her... as long as it stays in my room. She even let me hang my mickey door. Most of my wardrobe is Disney related.

When I still lived in Florida, you could tell it was a home of a cast member.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
blearbear4
Choose Wisely

I have a few touches around the house. My dishes are black and white sketches of the Fab Five, I have a Belle piggy bank, a carved box based on the stained windows of Beauty and the Beast, a vase covered in the Mary Blair mural from the Contemporary, and a bulletin board where I use Disney pins to pin things up.

My sister just got her first apartment and has some Mary Blair Small World prints up. I'm thinking of getting her more and one of the stretching portraits in the Haunted Mansion for Christmas/birthday.

I love being reminded of the happiest place on Earth at home!
Disneyland Paris '07
Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise '11
Hoping for Tokyo Disney one day!
blearbear4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Let's see...

In our family room, we have a "Jungle Book" Lamp & a Tiki Mickey desk accessory set on our desk. I also have a zebra Mickey head photo frame w/ a picture of us in Animal Kingdom on a end table. And, on our most recent trip, we purchased the Larry Dodson Animal Kingdom Savanna print for the family room.

Our playroom is a Pirates of the Caribbean/Peter Pan theme. We also have an "The Incredibles" movie poster hanging in the playroom. (It doesn't really match the "theme" so it hangs on the staircase wall.)

Our main bath is decorated in a "Mickey at the Beach" theme. I have 3 of the David Doss Mickey sand pail prints - I NEED that Poly print! I hang Mickey Mouse towels in this bathroom. I also have the Jim Shore "Steamboat Willie" figurine in this bath along w/ a Finding Nemo seagulls figurine. We also have a wastebasket, soap dispensor, wire basket (for extra toilet paper), & a bowl & pitcher that are Mickey Mouse in this bathroom. We ave a shelf in this bathroom as well where we display our Mickey ear hats & hang our pin lanyards. And I have some Mickey Mouse Christmas decorations that I use in this bathroom at Christmas.

In our bedroom, I have the Jim Shore "Off to Neverland" figurine.

In the kitchen, I have a couple of Disney World magnets on the fridge.

We have several Disney World christmas ornaments for our family room Christmas tree.

I think that's it - mainly it's our main "Mickey at the Beach" bathroom, a little here & there in our family room, & our pirate-themed playroom.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
ilovejack02
what do you all think?

I don't do any Disney decorating except at Halloween. Halloween was the first trip we took with DS10 when he was 5 . Halloween at Disney is AWESOME, I put out Disney Halloween decorations, just bought a new little Mickey ghost for yard at Walgreens today , was going to buy a lighted Mickey vampire to hang on my fire place screen, but they were out . I will have to hit another Walgreens tomorrow . I bought a few things while we were in WDW that year, I put those goodies out too.

I do have several Disney kitchen items though, drink stirrers , pot holders , cookbooks , pancake mickey head maker, Mickey head wine stopper . I pick up Disney ornaments for Christmas tree every trip and a magnet for each resort we stay in . Can't wait to go back in April, think I need Mickey head spatula and maybe a topiary frame for garden If I can find one.

I only have two bathrooms in current home, when we build or buy again in a few years , if there will def be a 3rd bath, it will be a Mickey theme for sure even though I am not a character decorating kind of girl.

Last edited by ilovejack02; 10-07-2012 at 05:14 PM.
ilovejack02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #11
jameswilson799
Earning My Ears

I love using Disney wall decals in my kids' rooms. We usually end up with a Toy Story or Nemo theme (their favorites) but we have hung decals of the traditional Disney characters as well.
jameswilson799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #12
nephthys43
DIS Veteran

i have a mickey kitchen. everything is red and black (even my pots & pans) and i have lots of items from disney's kitchen line. it's a little obnoxious, but it makes me happy.

july 1980 - first trip (cried when i met the three little pigs) - offsite / march 1987 - offsite / march 1991 - offsite / august 1996 - offsite / march 2005 - offsite - celebration / march 2006 - offsite - celebration december 2006 - CBR / december 2007 - sports / december 2009 - offsite - celebration / august 2010 - POP
nephthys43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #13
jazzyscoob
Mouseketeer

We have a WDW guest room. Mickey comforter/sheet set, signs with quotes from Walt Disney on them, shelves with autograph books/fab 5 statues, ride and character dining pics on the walls, and we have our pin collection displayed on the wall. It is my favorite room in the house.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #14
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

We bought a set of bamboo coasters a couple of weeks ago.

DH wants to make some wall art using Disney pins but he hasn't done much with it in months.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #15
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post
We bought a set of bamboo coasters a couple of weeks ago.

DH wants to make some wall art using Disney pins but he hasn't done much with it in months.
I would love to do something with the pins I have collected over the years. I have tried a few things but the pins become too heavy. I have an extra bedrrom now that the kids have started growing up and moving away. I was thinking of turning it in to my own special Disney spot... I don't want to wish my children away into adulthood, but once the boys are not living here their bathroom will be done in black, white and red's with Mickey thrown in there. My grandchildren will love it and I have already started picking things up. I found a set of 4 Mickey washcloths at Walmart one day in black white and red. I am going to frame them for wall art.

I, unfortunately, am not crafty. But I do love little touches of WDW in the house. I don't need a lot. Heck, hidden Mickey's here and there would be fine too. Just subtle would be good, just not crafty enough to figure out how to do it!

Kelly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: