Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
It seems somewhat disingenuous to complain about some of us saying there are more bad apples in the ranks of the airport secuurity screeners than TSA/DHS leadership acknowledges. That's what is being said, not aspersions about the entire group. After all anyone who wants to travel on a commercial airplane is treated as a terrorist until a government official decides they are not.

We all know that there are dishonest airport secuurity screeners who have not been caught. The only real question is how many? Why don't the airport security screeners have their bags searched when they are leaving the checkpoint?

And it's plain wrong to blame any passenger for the dishonesty of any airport security screener. I am certain that you know that there are lots of times when TSA employees separate travellers from their belongings during the security search process. You put your stuff on the belt and an airport security screener prevents or delays you from passing through. If you are going to get a patdown (whether voluntary or involuntary) you will be told to wait in a specific spot. A good portion of the security checkpoints are set up so that you can not see you property from where you are forced wait. And guess what? If you complain about not seeing your stuff, you a likely to get hassled and further delayed.
Yet you have in the past....done that over and over........called them all names...

While I agree its likely there are some who did not get caught stealing...........I don't and you can't know there are anymore!

Funny, in all the Airports I have been in, the few times I have been asked to wait, the tray with my stuff is brought over to a table near where I was standing.....Even if they didn't, I could see it just beyond the X ray.

The point is even using your figures.....1% of a 34,000 person agency is not a big number of people!......try looking at bae handlers who have been caught..police forces..........people working in OFFICES, BUSINESSES.......I dont have figiures.but Would bet is often more then 1% having found to steal.

The bottom line is this is the best way to keep the skies safe for now............if anyone doesn like it....please don't fly, get together with other thiniing your way and charter a plane........because I won't risk my families safety for a few noisy bloggers.!

ALL

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 10-07-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: