Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

Holidays at WDW

We just got back from our most recent Disney trip and, in true DisFan fashion, we are already talking about our next trip. We really prefer WDW over DL and enjoy longer trips. We've done Halloween at both parks and would really love to experience the winter holidays there as well. Right now we are talking about December 2013 - our kids will be 6 and 8 at the time.

So, does anyone have any trip advise or links about Christmas at WDW? How are the crowds? Can you get the "Christmas feel" and not actually be there on Christmas? What are the pros and cons?

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

The week between Christmas and New Years is the MOST crowded week of the year at WDW. Do not go then ever, too many kids are out of school and it is crazy.
Right after Thanksgiving and the first 2 or 3 weeks of December are awesome. Everything is decorated and there are a ton of special holiday things to do at all of the parks. Crowds are very managable early December too.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-events/

Don't miss Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!

Yes, it does feel like Christmas there, the holidays are the most magical time to visit. We have visited several times during December and will be there again this year!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Alice's Mommy
Mouseketeer

The parks usually hit capacity from Christmas to New Years and people have been turned away from the gates. It's VERY busy!! A friend of mine visited a few years during that week. She stayed on property and still was turned away from the gate on Christmas day. (She wasn't happy!)

During my last visit to the MK I was talking with a castmember and he said that the MK is the busiest of the four parks on New Years Eve because it's family friendly. (meaning...no alcohol served!) I don't know if that's true or not, but I could see the point.
May 2001- Girls trip to Magic Kingdom (off property)
May/June 2011- First Familu Vacation (as Mom) Pop Century
April 2012- Moved to Kissimmee, FL
August 2012- Trip to Magic Kingdom with my Mom and kids
September 2012- Bought my Florida Resident Disney Annual Pass

Walking through the courtyard at Pop Century my 6 year old turned to me and said, "Do you know what my favorite part of this vacation is Momma? This one right now!" Now who wouldn't cry at that???
Alice's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

That is the single busiest week of the Disney Year..Capacity closures happen often that week and wait times for attractions are ridiculous.We did it and will NEVER do it again.I suppose to be fair it is doable, we got alot done early since we are rope drop people.But by 1030-1100a it was a sea of people.It was simply way too crowded for me.Wait times for Soarin 180 mins and TSM was 240 mins..it is not just the rides that have waits..Waits for food, Waits for restrooms and waits for adrs (even when you have them)..too much for us.We also missed Christmas at home.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: