Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #61
IggyLans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanatic316 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for responding to this! I am thinking about upgrading my 6 Day PH next week when I'm at Disney and was hoping I was doing the math correctly. $68.16 is the exact amount I came up with. A little OT but with the $25 savings in TiW card the upgrade will "really" only cost me $43. Awesome deal!
Let us know what happens!

'96CBR; '05ASMo; '06CBR; '07POFQ; '07DVC!; '08SSR; '09BWV; '10VB; '10BCV; '11VB; '11SSR; '11BWV; '12VB/SSR/Cruise;
'12AK/BWV; 1/13BWV/OKW; 3/13VB; 11/13DCL/BWV; 1/14SSR-10K; 3/14 VB; 7/14 AKL/BWV
IggyLans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #62
Flametamr
I never thought about doing any other job
I actually do have a back up plan

Wrong for me

Sorry but MK got it wrong for me on a transaction. I had unused one day tickets from booking a package and also had one day tickets given to us by the manager of ASMo to replace a day we lost due to hotel problems and changing resorts.

Both the clerk and two managers I called in refused to help me. They acted as if the passes were Comp tickets and would not give me credit towards a longer ticket. Regardless of what the manager at ASMo told me. They made me just use the passes to enter that day and upgraded the package tickets. Basically wasting 4 one day passes at 80 bucks each.
2007- Port Orleans Riverside With Free Dining, 2008- Port Orleans French Quarter With Free Dining
2009- Boardwalk Inn With Free Dining. Upgraded from ASMO at Disney's expense following a problem, 2010- Ft Wilderness for the first time. It was great.
2013- First Halloween trip to the Fort. It was awesome.
[/url]
Flametamr is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #63
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flametamr View Post
Sorry but MK got it wrong for me on a transaction. I had unused one day tickets from booking a package and also had one day tickets given to us by the manager of ASMo to replace a day we lost due to hotel problems and changing resorts.

Both the clerk and two managers I called in refused to help me. They acted as if the passes were Comp tickets and would not give me credit towards a longer ticket. Regardless of what the manager at ASMo told me. They made me just use the passes to enter that day and upgraded the package tickets. Basically wasting 4 one day passes at 80 bucks each.
I'm confused as to what you wanted them to do for you. Combine the two sets of tickets into a bigger one? That can't be done. And my understanding is that comp tickets can't be upgraded either...sounds like the Mngr at ASMO is the one who told you wrong, not ticketing Maybe you could have asked for room credit to use toward tickets instead??
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #64
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flametamr View Post

The one day tickets given to you due to hotel problems ARE comp tickets, which are inherently not upgradable. Your alternative to wasting 4 one day passes at 80 bucks each this time is to not use them and save them for a future vacation of 1, 2, or 3 days in the parks.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #65
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424
Ok something is really going on I am at DHS right now trying to bridge my 6day ph (brought from UT) to AP
First of all the CM thought it was a FL pass starts explaining all the FL passes then after she asked me if I lived in Florida then I asked her how much to upgrade she said $297.34 which I know is incorrect (should be $254.53) so even after I used the ticket they are trying to charge the UT rate and not bridging the ticket correctly. I am on my way to MK and stopping at their GS to see if it can be done properly.
Update: bridging done properly at MK

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #66
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
The latter is probably what UT paid to Disney.
Actually, if UT sold the ticket for $261, they paid a *lot* less than $258 for it. Their wholesale price is way below gate price, as I found out once when a CM accidentally let slip the underlying price when I was doing an upgrade.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #67
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
Glad you persevered and got the correct transaction.

Ticket price bridging is not a "loophole" or something that Disney finds the need to "fix."

It is a standard ticket policy created by Disney, in part, to allow ticket sales to be shared and increased via the marketing of "authorized ticket re-sellers."
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #68
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But, when I read that you say it's not worth trying to fix it because your husband doesn't understand that you've been treated unfairly, it makes me depressed.
Makes me sad, too. Mainly for my DH, who would be dealing with my wrath if he stopped me from making things right when it comes to money. I would be the one having the bigger problems, that's for sure. I'd probably read cheshire's entire post out loud to him until he understood. Thankfully my DH already knows who Cheshire is and trusts what he says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
Woooo!

The main big problem I read about, that was in january 2011 I believe, involved a CM and a manager. They BOTH got it 100% wrong, but it took escalating it beyond them, and getting undercover tourist involved, to make it right. Just because it's a supervisor doesn't mean it's being done right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Glad you persevered and got the correct transaction.

Ticket price bridging is not a "loophole" or something that Disney finds the need to "fix."

It is a standard ticket policy created by Disney, in part, to allow ticket sales to be shared and increased via the marketing of "authorized ticket re-sellers."
Yep yep. And it's one that does NOT exist in Anaheim,which means that they definitely know about it, and have continued to allow for the different systems to exist. It's on purpose by WDW, not a mistake.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #69
SamSam

DIS Veteran

OP here, we persevered and was given a gift card for $47.95 (the difference in what we should have saved the first time). Yay!

Dh and I went to downtown Disney today and spoke with a wonderful CM there at guest relations. Whe was very understanding and even though we didn't have the 7 day MYW ticker from UT any longer, she looked up in their system and was able to figure out what to do.

She very pleasantly explained what may have happened and apologized for the inconvenience. She said that using another ticket to renew an AP actually is a red flag and that some people do try to scam the system. Not sure how they do it, but it's something that happens. She was very nice and very helpful.

Thank you all for your advice and for those thinking of doing this...it does work, just have all your ducks in a row and have the CM actually talk to you about what they're doing so you can stop them if you know it's wrong.

Last edited by SamSam; 10-07-2012 at 04:31 PM.
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #70
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Yay!
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #71
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
OP here, we persevered and was given a gift card for $47.95 (the difference in what we should have saved the first time). Yay!

Dh and I went to downtown Disney today and spoke with a wonderful CM there at guest relations. Whe was very understanding and even though we didn't have the 7 day MYW ticker from UT any longer, she looked up in their system and was able to figure out what to do.

She very pleasantly explained what may have happened and apologized for the inconvenience. She said that using another ticket to renew an AP actually is a red flag and that some people do try to scam the system. Not sure how they do it, but it's something that happens. She was very nice and very helpful.

Thank you all for your advice and for thinking of doing this...it does work, just have all your ducks in a row and have the CM actually talk to you about what they're doing so you can stop them if you know it's wrong.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #72
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Glad that you stuck with it & got what you deserved!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014

Last edited by HayGan; 10-07-2012 at 05:26 PM.
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Great, SamSam! And glad that your DH was okay with getting this corrected.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #74
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Great, SamSam! And glad that your DH was okay with getting this corrected.
Thanks. lol, I think I shamed him into it by telling him the whole Disboards was upset with him.....just a little stretch.

He actually apologized for blowing it off and not just trusting that what I was telling him was correct.

We were both so happy with how it turned out, so all is good.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #75
moobar25
Mouseketeer

I successfully upgraded our UT tix to DVC-PAP at MK on Oct 1st without any issues. This was my first time bridging too. We went in in the am and upgraded on the way out at the outside GR.
Here's my numbers:
5D+WP from UT = $310
DVC PAP = $424
Upgrade fee = $78
Total cost = $388

I must say it was the easiest thing to do. Thanks to all the info I received from these boards I saved over $70.
BLT 1/15, BCV/BLT 9/14, BC 8/14 Villains, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BWV/OKW 3/14 Anniversary, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: