Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #76
disneystick
DIS Veteran

Dream - 5 nighter Jan. 3

Our server was I Made from Bali and Joy from Trinadad was his assistant. He was great....made oragami flowers for us...even did some simple magic tricks. Very good server. Joy....was a mature lady and quite shy and quiet, not as talkative as I Made.
disneystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #77
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneystick View Post
Our server was I Made from Bali and Joy from Trinadad was his assistant. He was great....made oragami flowers for us...even did some simple magic tricks. Very good server. Joy....was a mature lady and quite shy and quiet, not as talkative as I Made.
I Made was a server for one of our breakfast/lunch meals....he was a delight!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #78
bzkds
Mouseketeer

We sailed July 29. We had Mihaly C (Hungary) and Chris P (Jamaica). The last night we had a new trainee, Sebastian from Canada. They were all good, but being our first cruise and our family being pretty easy going.. I don't know how they compare to anyone else. Mihaly was difficult to understand at times, as well as seeming to be a little unfamiliar with American "teen speak" (good lesson for my kids, however.. in using proper English and making sure they were polite enough to be understood!) Chris was very funny and kept my kids laughing. Sebastian spent a lot of time flirting wit my 18yo daughter. Mihaly said he was staying on the Dream, Chris said he would be moving to the Fantasy.

We only saw and spoke to our head server twice. Once the first night, and once the last (when he was collecting his gratuities). He did seem to be spending a LOT of time at the table next to ours, however.
next up: Disney Wonder 10/4/2015
bzkds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #79
kstategrad
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2brooke76 View Post
On our last cruise on the wonder we had Banjo. I'm not sure if he moved over to the Dream or not, but he was AWESOME! He absolutely was the best server that we ever had. Since we're going to be dining with you, I thought I'd suggest him
We had Banjo once on the Wonder too--he is awesome! We are friends on facebook now!
kstategrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #80
Ballerina mom
Earning My Ears

Our Head server made my vacation just magical!!!

Thank you to Goncalo from Portugal for making the impossible "possible"
I have severe medical issues right now and my food allergies is quite challenging. However, this gentleman made everything to the detail for me to have every single dinner experience Magical. Thank you Disney for having such An amazing crew and Gonzalo or Goncalo is far beyond amazing! Also to Katerina and Jason (from Zimbabwe) what a team! DISNEY DREAM it's a beautiful and magical reality!

Disney Dream: September 27-30
Coming up: January 17 Disney Dream we can't wait!!! Mommy and Daughter getaway !!!

Last edited by Ballerina mom; 10-07-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Ballerina mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #81
Puigslovedisney
Earning My Ears

Sailing On The Fantasy

We will be sailing on the Fantasy for the 2nd time this December. On our first Disney cruise, we had an extraordinary and brilliant time. However, since it was our 3rd Disney cruise, we knew what to expect as far as service goes. The first two nights of our 7 night cruise fell short. It pains me to say it because I LOVE Disney. It's not that our servers were bad, they just weren't Disney-esque. And I had waiting and longing to be treated special by Disney. So we changed servers and everything worked out well. A very happy ending.

With that being said we want to make sure we get excellent servers from the get-go. Can anyone make any recommendations for Servers to request our December sailing on the Fantasy? Thank you.
Puigslovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #82
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

You must get Mihayl from Hungary. The end.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #83
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
You must get Mihayl from Hungary. The end.
Pretty sure he's on the Dream (per the poser who cruised 6/29) and the one asking is on the Fantasy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: