Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Did anybody see Frankenweenie?

Me and my 12 year old daughter went to see this movie last Friday and it is now one of our favorite movies ever. Yes, I said ever.

Let me preface this by saying we are huge Tim Burton fans, and we love animation and claymation. And for us, the weirder the movie the better, so this was right up our alley.

We had seen the original Frankenweenie that Tim had made years and years ago as it was an extra on one of the Nightmare Before Christmas DVDs. This new movie uses a lot of the same ideas, but the story is just developed more.

There are lots of funny parts in this movie, but the best thing is the character development. All the characters are unique and have funny physical and acting characteristics. There is also a lot of subtle humor.

If you go into this movie expecting something like Tangled, you will be disappointed. Howeve, if you approach it with an open mind and a willingness to laugh at dark absurdity, you'll leave happy. Oh, and there are definitely some scary moments that kids under 6 may not appreciate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: