Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #15
MinnieMama09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I think the January time frame will be a lot better for you crowd wise! I've never been in Jan. but from trip reports on the Dis, it seems like everyone really clears out right after New Year's Day. Are you doing just 2 park days or were you planning on doing 2 parks but repeating them? Just wondering, as you will be there 4-5 days it looks like. I would up your park time, if it's financially possible! That way you could do all 4 parks or maybe pick 3 and then repeat your favorite.
What ADR's have you gotten? For your kid's ages there are a lot to pick from! Crystal Palace (MK) has Pooh & friends, Chef Mickey is great for Mickey & the rest of the classics, 1900 Park Fare dinner is GREAT. Seriously my favorite for character interaction, you will see Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia & Drizella. Or if you wanted a princess meal with more princesses, Akershus (Norway, Epcot) is great too. Oh and there is a character meal at DHS that features some of the Disney Jr characters...it's called Play & Dine I believe. I have never been to that meal, so I can't really comment, but I have read great reviews!

I think we are just a little overwhelmed (and are a little short on time frame with going back to school) so we were planning on going to maybe 3 of the parks (Thurs., Fri., Sat.) and then spending our last morning at MK again (that will be one of our other days too) for the Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast and then ride and few rides and drive back that day (Sunday). I was able to get ADRs at Crystal Palace for lunch our first day in the parks (Thurs.) and then we were going to go to DHS the next day and I have and have the character breakfast there with the Dis. Jr. characters you mentioned. All the shows and things at DHS look like things my kids would love. Seems similar to us to some of the things at Californai Adventure.

Still trying to decide where to go on our third day. I think we are just so used to DL (and LOVE it), and we are a limited on time and budget, but definitely want to make the most of this first trip to WDW. We went every year to DL living in AZ, so I know we will try probably do the same now that we are only a 6 hr. drive from WDW!
MinnieMama09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: