Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #331
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. We most definitely did, and I have to admit it's hard being back at my desk at work when a few days ago I was looking at this:

Yes, if you couldn't tell, we had a wonderful weekend, secluded up at the Paradise Inn on Mt. Rainier. There is something amazingly wonderful about being completely disconnected from the world for a few days.

We spent a lot of time relaxing, reading, playing board games, and hiking! Our hikes were beautiful, and we even saw a black bear (which you'll see below, not a very good photo of him)... We also saw deer and a fox on our way home.

Oh yeah, and we were also celebrating our second wedding anniversary! Matt got me the best card ever, which I took a photo of (you'll see it below), and the inside says, "There is no one I would rather walk through life with than you."

Mickey and Minnie and a perfect quote... I'm a pretty lucky lady. He also surprised me with two new Pandora charms (such a sneakster!) that are perfect for my bracelet and a wonderful way to mark our two years being married!

I'll let some of the photos do the talking... We really enjoyed ourselves.

Oh, and here is a video I took during one of our hikes to the Nisqually Vista. It really was unbelievably beautiful!

Outside of our trip, things have been okay. I think if anything I need to just be in Disney World or Disneyland right now (though who doesn't?! haha).

I'm actually going to be heading out to Boston next Tuesday night to see my family, then flying from there to NYC for work.

I'm not particularly thrilled about being away from home for 9 days, but I'm sure I'll be okay. And I'm definitely looking forward to meeting my new niece, spending time with my sister, and then exploring NYC in my free time.

I've never been there, so it should definitely be interesting! My hotel is fairly close to Rockafeller Center, so I'm sure I'll want to go there, the Disney Store, and Nintendo World, among other places!

And obviously, I'll have to update you guys on how everything went with lots of photos from both Boston and New York!

I just know I'll miss Matt, the puppies, and my own bed. That and I don't really love flying by myself. It just seems kind of lonely, haha. I know, it sounds weird, but yeah. I'm sure I'll be happy as a clam once I'm back in Seattle and home with my lovies though!

Not too much more planning on the Disney World or Disneyland front. Just counting down the days until we can make reservations for Disneyland... I have a feeling that trip will be here before we know it though!

EDIT: Holy canoli! I'm in such a fog, I can't believe I missed this! Matt just pointed out to me that 4 months from today, we will be enjoying our first FULL day in the parks! Which means, less than 4 months and we'll be on our way to Disney World! Holy cow, this is so exciting! Time is flying by!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #332
DanniDeer
adventure is out there!

holy moly! that is super duper pretty!! I want to explore something mountainous one day.

WHEN CAN YOU BOOK WISHES DESSERT PARTIES?! We want to book one for our anniversary, and it's just about killing me.

Johnny & Danni

DanniDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #333
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

OMG Dani, STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* It sounds like a wonderful weekend! AND, good timing since you are leaving for 9 days. I can't wait to see pics and hear about that as well...hey, if you just keep traveling and posting pictures, I can live vicariously through you!! We are at 46 days today, I think, from our trip!!! (I know, I should know exactly, but my phone is in the other room charging and I'm lazy)
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #334
DnA2010
Mouseketeer

Wowzas what a beautiful place! Might have to look into it for a little get away!!!

Wowzas!! DL Feb 2011 and then Orlando for 1st trip to WDW and Harry in March 2011...now back to work to save for our next trip!
DnA2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #335
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your (last) weekend looks like it was beautiful!

I'm really bummed that I can't find the picture with the bear in it.
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #336
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Holy guacamole, those are some gorgeous pictures! So happy you had a great anniversary trip! I want to hear all about Boston/NY! Meeting that cutie will make the days pass faster.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #337
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Fabulous pictures! and awwww you two are so cute!

Sorry you have to be away, but I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Carla

PISCESANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #338
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Sorry for being so quiet lately. Things have been crazy for us.

Basically before I left, big things happened at work, so Matt's job has went from one thing to basically now having WAY more responsibilities and he's taken over someone else's responsibilities. This is a good thing, but also VERY stressful for him as he's trying to catch up as quickly as possible.

On top of that, I've been dealing with some family stuff (even prior to me leaving for my trips), and that was a little dramatic at first.

So between the stress and drama of the work stuff, family stuff... needless to say, leaving Matt to fly to Boston/NYC by myself was NOT fun.

We both were just kind of in tears because we needed each other for support, and instead we're apart. I know it's only for 9 days, but it was hard.

That GOOD news is, things are better on the family part, and Matt presented a huge meeting yesterday that went so well, both our CEO and other exec approached Matt telling him how impressed they were with his work.

I am so so proud of him for stepping up and really doing so well, even through all of the stress and pressure. My husband is a rock star.

Anyway, I'm in Boston now, staying at my Mom's condo! I'll give you guys more of a scoop once I'm back in Seattle from our trips, and I'm trying to take photos when I remember to.

Kind of like a fun little mini-trip report, haha. I'm sure I'll take a lot more when I'm in NYC, hopefully!

I spent time with my Dad yesterday which was good, and tonight I'm meeting my niece Melina tonight , and can't wait to see my sister, brother, sister-in-law and Mom, as well!

Tomorrow my mom, sister and I are going to head up to Maine for the night, which I'm also very excited about. So yeah, expect a fun little trip report of this whole trip!

I'm trying to keep myself busy, so missing Matt and the pups won't be so bad and also time tends to go by faster.

Nice part is having Facetime on our iPhones/Macbooks, so I can see him and the doggies during the evening when we talk... Makes it a bit easier being away from them.

Anyway, promise I'll update soon again and respond to everyone! And yes, I owe you guys a photo of the bear we saw in Mt. Rainier (Marissa, I'm a dork and thank you for pointing it out, hahaha)!

Can't wait to update you guys again when I'm back, and I look forward to catching up on everyone's PTRs/TRs!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #339
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! I didn't even realize that you'd left off the picture! I definitely thought that I was being dumb and overlooking it. HAHA! But that's awesome, thanks for sharing!

I hope you're having fun with your family! Hopefully the east coast is treating you well.
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #340
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I thought I just couldn't see the bear so didn't want to say anything!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #341
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your weekend at Mt. Rainier looks so nice! Hahahahahaha I figured I couldn't see the bear either!!

Hope you have a good time in Boston!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #342
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Dani,

I peeked into your ptr ... since I thought Doubling the fun always sounds good... and I'm really enjoying it...

Hmmm... in no particular order...

Wow... you live in a gorgeous part of the country... I've only gotten as far north on the Pacific Coast as San Francisco... I think the whole Bay area is lovely and have always been curious about Seattle and Mt. Ranier ... and your photos were gorgeous ... I'm not really a super hot weather person (except for Orlando) and I have a feeling I'd love the climate there...

We took the tour of the WL years ago and I think they said the Lodge was modeled after the one in Ranier... I'd love to get there... Seattle and Mt. Ranier... Hmmm... sounds like a great trip...

btw... that hat your wearing is too cute...

I want an Oswald pin! and ears too!

Disneyland is awesome... what a great birthday gift... I was there in 2011 and they were working on a lot of the changes to California Adventure... and I am itching to get back there to see Carsland, and the new trolley cars, the Carthay (sp?) theatre... and you're going to get to see the Nightmare BC overlay...

I hope you do write a mini report on Boston... It's probably my favorite East Coast City... I do love NY... but its really intense... I find Boston to be just perfect in its level of intensity...You're sure to have great times in both places...

love, love the Beach Club... so much in fact we just bought DVC points... just a bit ... but its a start... can't wait to stay there in 2 months...

Hmmm... I know I had other things but I've forgotten... time for more coffee...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #343
WyldLynx
Crazy Disney Addict

Totally subbing! I just finished your TR "Norway, No Way" and I loved your writing style. So I'm pulling up a chair and some

Sept 2010 - First Trip Ever (offsite), Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2014 Wilderness Lodge CL
WyldLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #344
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive. Tonight is my last night in New York City, so I'm just packing everything up since I need to check out of my hotel before I head to the office.

I plan on catching up on the DIS soon; and I will have plenty of photos to share from both Boston and NYC, promise! I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to catch up on all of your PTRs/TRs!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #345
fanofWD
Earning My Ears

subbing in!! Have actually read your other PTR and TR as well...they are bedtime stories for my husband and I but we are now caught up!!! need you to update fast(ly) and furious(ly) so we have more good reading material

Me 29 DH 30 DD 5 DS 0
fanofWD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: