Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #481
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Mmmm EOS... Yummy sandwiches!
TrenD sucks me in too. I left a lot of my paycheck in that store mere days ago.
Raglan Road! I haven't eaten there in forever, but we also had to wait because they were running behind. I guess that's what happens in a restaurant with good food, plenty of beer and dancing tunes.
How strange that your table was not available. but at least you got a better seat out of it!
Poor Mr. Craberson.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #482
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting an even better seat at Raglan Road!! Ugh, I can't stand the grumpy crabby people. And you're right, especially at a lively and fun place like that, to be grumping about mashed potatoes?

Last time we were at RR, we had the COMPLETE opposite, we had the absolute most fun, lively table neighbors ever! They were having a fabulous time, it was awesome to hang out with them for a bit!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #483
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Mmmm EOS... Yummy sandwiches!
TrenD sucks me in too. I left a lot of my paycheck in that store mere days ago.
Raglan Road! I haven't eaten there in forever, but we also had to wait because they were running behind. I guess that's what happens in a restaurant with good food, plenty of beer and dancing tunes.
How strange that your table was not available. but at least you got a better seat out of it!
Poor Mr. Craberson.
I always drop so much money at TrenD, and seriously every time I go to WDW I'm like "nope, not gonna spend any money at TrenD...", and the FAIL!

I know, the table thing was a bit weird. I had no idea what was going on. But hey, it worked out and we got a better seat.

I felt so bad for Mr. Craberson. He looked so done with everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for getting an even better seat at Raglan Road!! Ugh, I can't stand the grumpy crabby people. And you're right, especially at a lively and fun place like that, to be grumping about mashed potatoes?

Last time we were at RR, we had the COMPLETE opposite, we had the absolute most fun, lively table neighbors ever! They were having a fabulous time, it was awesome to hang out with them for a bit!
I know! It worked out for us in the end. But I agree, in a place that's so much fun like Raglan Road, how could you be so crabby? It's like come on, it's FUN! That's awesome that you had fun neighbors. That would definitely make the experience a ton of fun.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #484
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Mmmm EoS...I LOVE that place! That's the whole reason I've never been to WPE, because I cannot resist EoS!

I love TrenD but I never buy anything in there, everything seems so small! Maybe I'll buy some earrings someday...or a Disney Dooney...

Raglan Road looks like so much fun, and the food sounds SO good, but guess what? Brandon doesn't want to go there! I made him look at the menu a few weeks ago and he said it just didn't look that great. I don't get it.

Ugh. I can't stand those Crabby McCraberson types either! Just stifle the complaints for the time you're in Disney, ok?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #485
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I've never had Earl of Sandwich before! I am ashamed.

Omg... Mrs. Crabberson. Seriously though? So annoying. She'd be one of those people to complain about getting wet on Splash Mountain. "But the sign said you MAY get wet and I definitely DID."
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #486
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Man, that's a rock and a hard place for the dessert party! Lucky for me, I love desserts and I love the fireworks, so you know. For me, it's a deal at the price, because it's just so easy, but I could understand how you would feel it could be a waste. I recommend doing it once though.
This is why I think it would be such a great deal for me! I think the cost is totally worth it! Everyone in my family but Keith would enjoy. Keith might surprise me but I will wait until I have others to help with the enjoyment!

Once again, I got extremely behind! Work has kept me off the Dis for the last week or so!

Crowds at Universal: Keith would say that is the exact reason he "Despises" theme parks and I may never get him back! Loved the commentary between you guys though!! That was great!

Boma: Love that place and Zebra Domes!!!! Yum!!!!

ToT: Poor Farrell! ToT is my most favorite!! I would have been crying with laughter!

EOS: Again love that place!! And what a great time shopping! Success!!!

Finally, Raglan Road: Three times the charm! Love Raglan Road!!!!! It is just so much fun there!! Too bad about Ms. Craberson! That is the bad thing about working with the public too...there is always that person and when you finally get rid of them, someone else comes along!! It sounds like a great, fun evening though!!

Oh! And I subbed quickly on the new PTR and will catch up there soon!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #487
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Mmmm EoS...I LOVE that place! That's the whole reason I've never been to WPE, because I cannot resist EoS!

I love TrenD but I never buy anything in there, everything seems so small! Maybe I'll buy some earrings someday...or a Disney Dooney...

Raglan Road looks like so much fun, and the food sounds SO good, but guess what? Brandon doesn't want to go there! I made him look at the menu a few weeks ago and he said it just didn't look that great. I don't get it.

Ugh. I can't stand those Crabby McCraberson types either! Just stifle the complaints for the time you're in Disney, ok?
I love EoS too, but I love WPE also, so sometimes it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. I love EoS, but sometimes I just don't want a sandwich. Hahaha.

Just keep trying to convince Brandon to go to Raglan Road, he will love it once he does. The food is good. I wouldn't say it's the best on property, but it's really good and the atmosphere is great. It's the whole reason to go there.

The stuff at TrenD is a little small, I have to look around for a while a lot o times before deciding on something.

I can't stand people complaining on MY vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I've never had Earl of Sandwich before! I am ashamed.

Omg... Mrs. Crabberson. Seriously though? So annoying. She'd be one of those people to complain about getting wet on Splash Mountain. "But the sign said you MAY get wet and I definitely DID."
No need to be ashamed, we don't make it to EoS on every trip either. Sometimes it just doesn't work out with the location and schedule.

That's exactly the kind of person that she was! Would likely complain about everything. I wouldn't have been surprised if she would start to complain about Raglan Road being loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
This is why I think it would be such a great deal for me! I think the cost is totally worth it! Everyone in my family but Keith would enjoy. Keith might surprise me but I will wait until I have others to help with the enjoyment!

Once again, I got extremely behind! Work has kept me off the Dis for the last week or so!

Crowds at Universal: Keith would say that is the exact reason he "Despises" theme parks and I may never get him back! Loved the commentary between you guys though!! That was great!

Boma: Love that place and Zebra Domes!!!! Yum!!!!

ToT: Poor Farrell! ToT is my most favorite!! I would have been crying with laughter!

EOS: Again love that place!! And what a great time shopping! Success!!!

Finally, Raglan Road: Three times the charm! Love Raglan Road!!!!! It is just so much fun there!! Too bad about Ms. Craberson! That is the bad thing about working with the public too...there is always that person and when you finally get rid of them, someone else comes along!! It sounds like a great, fun evening though!!

Oh! And I subbed quickly on the new PTR and will catch up there soon!
That's okay, I've fallen behind a few times myself. It's always so hard to get caught up.

You'll do the dessert party someday. I just know you will and you'll love it.

I am such an open person on crowds at parks, but this was crazy. I could totally understand how it might put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

I felt so bad, but I just wanted to laugh hysterically at Farrell on ToT. I'm a bad friend, I know.

Mrs. Craberson aside, we had a great time. It's such a fun place.

Come on over when you get the time to my new PTR. I'll still be there.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #488
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

What a fun day!

Too many posts on the DIS about Earl of Sandwich and now I'm trying to figure out where I can squeeze it into our trip I'm totally all about the Holiday sandwich. We won't have a car but I am determined to get there and try it! Does anyone know if they are good later? I may have to get it to go and reheat in our room. Just a thought...

I have to practice great self control while at DTD. I think our guilty pleasure (as lame as it is) is the Christmas Shop. We always buy an ornament but I just love all the stuff in there! And it'll be perfect for us this year since we'll actually be there in December!!

Raglan Road is definitelty on our radar for a future trip! I used to take Irish Step Dancing (for like 6 years!) and absolutely loved it! If I even had one beverage I would definitely get up on the stage and dance a jig if they opened the door!

And poop on that grumpy lady! Hope the rest of her trip was a little more jolly!

Can't wait to read about your last full day!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #489
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
What a fun day!

Too many posts on the DIS about Earl of Sandwich and now I'm trying to figure out where I can squeeze it into our trip I'm totally all about the Holiday sandwich. We won't have a car but I am determined to get there and try it! Does anyone know if they are good later? I may have to get it to go and reheat in our room. Just a thought...

I have to practice great self control while at DTD. I think our guilty pleasure (as lame as it is) is the Christmas Shop. We always buy an ornament but I just love all the stuff in there! And it'll be perfect for us this year since we'll actually be there in December!!

Raglan Road is definitelty on our radar for a future trip! I used to take Irish Step Dancing (for like 6 years!) and absolutely loved it! If I even had one beverage I would definitely get up on the stage and dance a jig if they opened the door!

And poop on that grumpy lady! Hope the rest of her trip was a little more jolly!

Can't wait to read about your last full day!
I've never reheated anything from EoS, but my guess is that they'll be good reheated too. You can also order and pick up from them as well.

A lot of people have an obsession with the Christmas store too, so you're not alone there. LOL. I just like stores really, and I like clothes, so TrenD sucks me in every time.

Hahaha, I wasn't an Irish Dancer, but I was a dance major in college, so I could totally see myself get up there and dance. Definitely go see Raglan Road on a future trip. It's tons of fun.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #490
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

We have a reservation for Raglan Road in December so I'm glad to hear you thought the food was good... I know I'll love the atmosphere...

except I'm hoping that Mrs. Craberson isn't there when we go... or one of the Craberson relations... I hate that behavior... You wonder why people like that don't just stay home... they can be miserable there... and it's just rotten for everyone around them and the poor wait staff...

I think that drinking too much there could be problematic because I start to pick up accents and if the servers are Irish... I start to pick up their accents and I'm not doing it on purpose to be a wise as# - It just starts to happen... when I hear a Southern accent it happens too... hmmm ... good thing it doesn't happen to my legs and I get the urge to dance ...cause that would be really bad...

I LOVE Tren-D ... I could buy a ton of stuff in there... and whatever I have bought I 've always worn... Their stuff is so cute ... it just has that extra je ne sais quoi... (saying with French accent...) I've never had enough time for DTD... I need to take a whole half of a day to just really check everything out...

I have to check out EoS... everyone raves about their sandwiches... I'm starting to feel left out...
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #491
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
We have a reservation for Raglan Road in December so I'm glad to hear you thought the food was good... I know I'll love the atmosphere...

except I'm hoping that Mrs. Craberson isn't there when we go... or one of the Craberson relations... I hate that behavior... You wonder why people like that don't just stay home... they can be miserable there... and it's just rotten for everyone around them and the poor wait staff...

I think that drinking too much there could be problematic because I start to pick up accents and if the servers are Irish... I start to pick up their accents and I'm not doing it on purpose to be a wise as# - It just starts to happen... when I hear a Southern accent it happens too... hmmm ... good thing it doesn't happen to my legs and I get the urge to dance ...cause that would be really bad...

I LOVE Tren-D ... I could buy a ton of stuff in there... and whatever I have bought I 've always worn... Their stuff is so cute ... it just has that extra je ne sais quoi... (saying with French accent...) I've never had enough time for DTD... I need to take a whole half of a day to just really check everything out...

I have to check out EoS... everyone raves about their sandwiches... I'm starting to feel left out...
Raglan Road is tons of fun and very much worth the reservation. I hope you guys love it when you go in December.

I do the same thing with accents! I'm so bad about that. I hear an accent and I start to mimic it. I'm the worst with Southern accents, I just get pulled in and I can't help it. Who knows what that is.

DTD does require some time. It's very hard to go out there and make it in and out quickly. You do have to take a portion of the day for sure.

Definitely check out EoS. It's a great place.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #492
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Lieutenant Dan......Ice Cream!

Day 7 - Friday January 6, 2012

We had finally come to our last day of the trip. It was a sad day for me. I really had wanted this trip to never end. We had such a good time together. I wasn't ready for it to end. However, I wasn't going to let that get to me! We still had a day of fun to be had! And dangit, we were going to have it!

We headed out the door by 8:30am and went down to Captain Cook's per our usual routine for some coffee. After grabbing that, we walked over to the TTC (one of the things that I love about the Poly), and hopped on the monorail to....

Our destination for the day!

I was really hopeful for lower crowds. We hadn't gotten a reprieve in crowd level yet, and I was hoping our last day would have less people. On a plus side, the weather was very very good again! No more cold people! Thank god!

We immediately headed over to Soarin' to snag ourselves some fastpasses. We got there after 9:30am, and managed to get a return time of between 12pm and 1pm. Not a bad return time considering we got there a little later.

We then stopped at Sunshine Seasons to get some breakfast and waste some of our counter service credits. I got:

The bounty platter. Farrell got the kids platter. It was good as usual and filled our bellies for the day.

After this, we headed over to Imagination.

I gave Farrell the rundown on the deal with Imagination and gave her some information on Figment. I lamented the fact that the original was far superior, as I always do. I just wanted her to know that it wasn't always this lame. But I still love Figment, so.....

Farrell thought it was cute though, so that was a relief. You just never know if someone's not going to "get" Figment. Right?

After this, we headed to...

But not before making sure that Farrell's stomach was sound. That's extremely important. I made her turn in circles several times at a very high speed to make sure she didn't get sick all over the place. I also ensured her that they did have a barf bag in case she needed it.

I do miss Horizons sometimes. But I am a little lame.

We headed in to the Orange side. Go Orange or go home. Well, that's not really it. Please don't go Orange if you're going to go pukey. I'm just saying. Help us all out here.

So we get to our pre-boarding area with Gary Sinise. And being obnoxious like I am, and because Farrell and I are just like little kids, I look at Farrell when he comes up on the screen and say very loudly....

"Lieutenant Dan......ice cream....."

I'm not sure everyone got my joke, but you know.

We had two partners in our car that took their responsibilities very seriously. I gave Farrell the rundown before we boarded the ride. Please take your job seriously. If you do not, I will eject you from the car and never speak to you again....after doing your job for you....

Oh, and remember....

"If you suffer from motion sickness, please feel free to exit the ride and head to the Mission Space Training Area".

Because they don't emphasis that ENOUGH while you're waiting in line. Please make sure you leave if you suffer from motion sickness.

So we take off and Farrell's like "whoa!", then she was like "whoaaaaaaa....", and then she was like "WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

She recouped quickly though. Blast off always gets to me and so does the slingshot around the moon. With the G's that were being pulled and the wind blowing in your face (because there's wind in space), I had tears streaming down my face hard core. I could not stop laughing about it.

Farrell deemed the ride......A SUCCESS!!!

We also commented on the fact that our friend Amber is a pansy, because she won't even do the Green Side.

Pansy. But we love you Amber!

Up next: Dude has so many meanings.....

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 10-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #493
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Bahahaha !! Go Orange or go home !! I could never do the Orange side as the Green side gets me a little nauseous at times. I have been in the training area and have seen some people come off that ride looking really green. So I guess my new nickname is Pansy, too.

DS really wants to do the Orange side, but since he gets motion sick like I do, I won't let him do it. I don't need a puking kid on my hands at Epcot, yo.

I have never seen the original Figment. I wonder if there is a youtube of that.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #494
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for you and Farrell conquering the orange side of Mission Space!!

Hahaha I know what you mean about not knowing how people will react to Figment! I mean, I love it, and everyone SHOULD...but alas, people are very judgey of that ride!!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #495
katt789
DIS Veteran

I seriously don't understand how the cs credits always end up piling up and you have like, a million credits left and you're leaving Disney haha!!

I still haven't gone on mission space, and honestly, I probably won't haha. Put me in the pansy category!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: