Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #31
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
Summer sailings, as well as those during school vacation times (February, March and April) are VERY high priced.

As much as I'd love to cruise when I don't have to take the kids out of school, the prices do not fit within my budget AT ALL.
I know, I know. But I'm a double threat, b/c I'm also a teacher. No way could I take a week off of work to cruise, let alone take my kids out!

And I DO NOT judge families at our school who do!! Some teachers at our building do but NOT this DISNEY NUT!!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #32
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ JC View Post
Thank you all. I think we are going to jump on this great deal! And yes, as some of you have guessed. I am in the military... 17 years
Thank you SO much for your service and I'm glad you are able to get such a great rate to enjoy some much deserved time off.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #33
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy

Did you really think anyone here would suggest to not book it?

Enjoy!
Seriously ... like asking an alcoholic if you should have another drink.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Simon View Post
Congratulations on your great deal!

Slightly off topic; I often wonder why military get heavily reduced dates? Please don't get me wrong, I highly commend you on your service, and I'm not trying to take anything away from what you do. I just wonder why only single out military? I mean, what about fire fighters, oncology doctors, search and rescue, or so many other thousands of professions where people go out their way to make a difference to others.
Probably because there is no other profession where members are sent around the world on a moments notice to live in tents and put their life on the line for us, leaving their families alone for months or a year at a time. A dozen servicemen gave their lives LAST WEEK for us. I agree there are professions that work hard (and sometimes get rich), and some that have some risk (firefighters), and our lives are better because of them, but nothing like what our military does for us. I wish their cruises were free.

17 years? The nation is grateful. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #35
robin19871
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
Probably because there is no other profession where members are sent around the world on a moments notice to live in tents and put their life on the line for us, leaving their families alone for months or a year at a time. A dozen servicemen gave their lives LAST WEEK for us. I agree there are professions that work hard (and sometimes get rich), and some that have some risk (firefighters), and our lives are better because of them, but nothing like what our military does for us. I wish their cruises were free.

17 years? The nation is grateful. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!
Thank you so much for a great response to this question.. Take it from me, a Navy wife for 22 years, The Military comes first. I see my husband about 45 days out of the whole year. I have learned not to expect him home as he is usually flying all over this world.. I would love to trade any Military discount to have him home for 3/4 of all Holidays,Birthdays or Anniversarys that he he has missed. This is the difference for me between the Military and the other jobs listed.
robin19871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #36
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin19871 View Post
Thank you so much for a great response to this question.. Take it from me, a Navy wife for 22 years, The Military comes first. I see my husband about 45 days out of the whole year. I have learned not to expect him home as he is usually flying all over this world.. I would love to trade any Military discount to have him home for 3/4 of all Holidays,Birthdays or Anniversarys that he he has missed. This is the difference for me between the Military and the other jobs listed.
Thank you for YOUR service! As a Navy wife of a now retired 28 year career sailor, I know that we (wives and families) of the military member have it really hard- especially when they're away from home!

We'll be boarding the Wonder this morning for the last Pixar cruise out of L.A., and the only reason we could do it is because of the military rate that came out.

Most of the time it just isn't in the cards to go- but this was too good to pass up!!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #37
MAJ JC
Earning My Ears

Thanks over50visits for your support and thank you too to Robin, None of us can do what we do without the support of those at home.
MAJ JC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: