Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #181
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part 2

Bellies full from our wonderful lunch at Captain Cook’s, we went to check out the lobby to check out the gift shop,

DD traded vinylmations. These two.

For these two.

After that we hopped on the monorail – or Avengorail

Then, we stopped at Will Call and got our MNSSHP party tickets. And entered the park. The 3 PM parade was going on.

I was happy that we caught this parade because we had never taken the time to see it before. Loved it !!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #182
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

LOVE your cast, might as well have fun with it! Great pictures! We have done MNSSHP 2 x and loved it!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #183
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
LOVE your cast, might as well have fun with it! Great pictures! We have done MNSSHP 2 x and loved it!
Yes, might as well !! I have been having a lot of trouble with swelling and when it swells inside this cast it is VERY uncomfortable. So far so good today, but I feel like I can't DO anything because I have to avoid swelling. It is going to be a VERY long month !!

Yes, we love MNSSHP. We went for the first time last year and it was soooo hot and soooo packed and we still had a great time. This year was even better because the weather was good and the crowds weren't bad at all. Had a GREAT time !!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #184
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

I LOVE THE ALOHA PORK SANDWICH !!! Its actually worth hopping on the monorail while in the MK for a meal ! I had it a few years ago on a quick trip to the MK and I was SHOCKED at how wonderful it was. I don't know if I could have split it with DH

Glad to hear you are on a smoother road to recovery. In no time you will be back on the courts

I am enjoying the TR, I hope its not ending soon......
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #185
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
I LOVE THE ALOHA PORK SANDWICH !!! Its actually worth hopping on the monorail while in the MK for a meal ! I had it a few years ago on a quick trip to the MK and I was SHOCKED at how wonderful it was. I don't know if I could have split it with DH

Glad to hear you are on a smoother road to recovery. In no time you will be back on the courts

I am enjoying the TR, I hope its not ending soon......
Well I'm not sharing next time, that is for sure !! I had to share my Dole Whip, too. So next time I am getting my own and Mr. cheapskate doesn't like it, he can go hungry.

Yes, things are SLOWLY getting better. I can't wait until this cast is off. Just being able to take a couple of steps would improve my life exponentially.

Plenty left to share. Glad you are here !!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #186
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part 3

DH took some photos of the Halloween decor

Then we headed over to BTMRR because DD NEEDED to ride it right away.

Again …. This is what happens when you leave a man in charge of the camera.

I had a nice butt once ……

So ….. on our way to BTMRR

And there was no wait … so they rode it three times in a row. Gotta love September crowds.

DS rode Splash Mountain

Which only had 15 min, wait. In the mean time DH took DD to ride POTC with no wait. I hug out at the exit to Splash Mountain and waited for DS to be done riding.

After that, DH and DD met up with us and we walked back towards Tomorrowland so DS could accomplish the triple mountain whammy. Along the way, we stopped to get a snack.

DH and I got an ice cream sandwich

DS got a popsicle thingy – I forget what they are called.

And DD got a Mickey Bar

As we were walking into Tomorrowland, DH and DD took a detour to ride the Barnstormer.

DS and I continued on so he could ride Space Mountain

Three times in a row.

I bought a shirt in the gift shop there while he was riding.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #187
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Great pics! Cute shirt! It's fun to see the perspective of photos from your scooter, and LOL on the butt shot! Men!

That is a bummer you are still having so much swelling post op 1 month. Does this happen every time up are up and about? Keep wiggling those toes, that helps pump the swelling back up your leg. Hang in there!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #188
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Great pics! Cute shirt! It's fun to see the perspective of photos from your scooter, and LOL on the butt shot! Men!

That is a bummer you are still having so much swelling post op 1 month. Does this happen every time up are up and about? Keep wiggling those toes, that helps pump the swelling back up your leg. Hang in there!
I circled the shirt for a while and then I bit the bullet and bought it.

LOL. That woman really had an excellent figure. I heard DS and DH laughing behind me and I knew exactly what he was taking a picture of. She had quite the smokin' bod. I was super jealous myself !!

Yes, it does happen every time I get up and it is quite uncomfortable in this cast. Hey thanks for that advice about wiggling my toes, I will try that. I am so tired of laying around with my foot up.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #189
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Great update. The Magic Kingdom looks so awesome with all the Halloween decorations. BTMRR 3 times in a row..nice! I like your "This what happens when you give a man a camera series so true, so true. Hope you are healing well and look forward to next post. -Amanda
Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #190
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Great update. The Magic Kingdom looks so awesome with all the Halloween decorations. BTMRR 3 times in a row..nice! I like your "This what happens when you give a man a camera series so true, so true. Hope you are healing well and look forward to next post. -Amanda
I love the MK during the holidays !! I was pretty bummed to have to cancel our Thanksgiving trip because I just love all of the Christmas decor. But we HAD to do it because of this surgery.

LOL. Men !! What are ya gonna do, huh ??

Healing is SLOW, but progress is being made. I got my pain pills refilled today, so that makes me feel less nervous. I was down to two left and even though I am trying to do less and less without them, I am still not ready to do without .... yet. I need to save some up for physical therapy, though. I am pretty sure that is going to get pretty painful when I have to get to that.

Thanks for reading !!!

Susan
Old 10-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #191
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

All of the Halloween decorations up at the MK look so cool!

LOL at your "if you give a man a camera" photos.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #192
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
All of the Halloween decorations up at the MK look so cool!

LOL at your "if you give a man a camera" photos.
You will get to see then is person very soon, yes ?? I can't remember when you guys leave.

Yes, I thought everyone would get a kick out of DH's silly photos.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #193
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Good thing you snapped up that shirt! There was an AWESOME Space Mountain shirt that I eyed for a couple of trips over the spring. Then when we went at the end of May I decided I would buy it, and of course it wasn't there anymore. It had been replaced by another design, which while cool, wasn't as cool. They have gotten really good about switching out the merch over the last year or so.

Glad you finally got to catch the afternoon parade. Prince Philip is a little young looking for Aurora. Who knew she was a cougar? LOL! Not quite, but that guy is really young looking.

Last edited by Pixie Princess; 10-07-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #194
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Good thing you snapped up that shirt! There was an AWESOME Space Mountain shirt that I eyed for a couple of trips over the spring. Then when we went at the end of May I decided I would buy it, and of course it wasn't there anymore. It had been replaced by another design, which while cool, wasn't as cool. They have gotten really good about switching out the merch over the last year or so.

Glad you finally got to catch the afternoon parade. Prince Philip is a little young looking for Aurora. Who knew she was a cougar? LOL! Not quite, but that guy is really young looking.
That has happened to me before as well, so that is what made actually buy it. Plus, it looked like it was true to size and not an XL that is really a small on a another planet.

I think that Disney likes them being "fresh faced", but I don't think there is anything wrong with them being a little more masculine. And I'll just leave it at that.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #195
teedee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
fellow scooter Mom !!! I hope my experiences help you. There were just a few times where I felt like I was "stuck" in the scooter. For the most part, having the scooter was really fun and not the downer I thought it would be. We had a great trip !!

I hope the reason you will have to rent a scooter is just a temporary one.
I am one week post op with one more week of bed rest, so it REALLY sucks now, but it will get better. I just have to be patient. Not one of my strengths. Thanks so much for reading !!
Thanks, I hope so too! I had my right knee replaced due to severe arthritis last summer and the left knee is being replaced in late April. Our trip is early June, so I know I'll need the scooter, but hopefully not for long!

I have a question about the lego set, I know kinda off topic but not totally. My grandson loves legos and that set looks like something he would love. He'll be 6 when we go next year, I was just wondering how hard it was to set up. He gets easily frustrated, but likes to do things himself, maybe with some help from his dad.

Terri

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: