Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #2011
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

When I read the title of the last chapter I thought you were talking about a phone!

Ponzi-----love the stroller pic!

I know I said it over on the bunny's TR but I am having major post-vacation withdraw and depression! DH won't even talk with me about another vacation!
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #2012
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
so.. it wasn't "planned" to ditch nebo and the wheelchair pushing... sometimes stuff "just happens".
okay, that makes more sense. I know what it's like when a little one has needs.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #2013
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
Oh, LOVE the nebo in the stoller picture...but, geez louize, ponz, you keep messing with my sex life! gives me the "yuddies"!
Thanks Smidgy. Eventually I'll get you to the point where everytime you see Nebo, you run screaming in the other direction.

Hmmmm.... maybe you do that already...

Okay, you run faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
When I read the title of the last chapter I thought you were talking about a phone!

Me too!

Ponzi-----love the stroller pic!

Thanks!

I know I said it over on the bunny's TR but I am having major post-vacation withdraw and depression! DH won't even talk with me about another vacation!
Aw, ya just need a little of this: ... and another trip.

Whoops! Don't say 'trip' on this TR... vacation.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #2014
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

At the time I posted pray for steve all I had from you was, I signed forms so the EMTs couldn't take me to the hospital.

I didn't know you smacked your head on the concrete!!!!!!

You said you fainted and hit your head. When I think of fainting I think of a person crouching over like in a slump.

You didn't say you did the Nestea plung on the concrete!!!!

You were very evasive on the details and even I wasn't completely privy to those.

Otherwise you would have been driven to the hospital by myself.

And now that I think of it, you left me a voicemail when I was at Blizzard Beach and I called you back, we lost connection again, and you called back and we talked some more.

Then later you show me a little scab on your head. What am I supposed to think.

I guess you really hate doctors.

Tigers just won the second game, YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #2015
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
That's it! That's what it reminded me of!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #2016
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
when we were bythe fountain, todd and kim said that Jackson needed to eat, or he would get cranky (todd knows his son better than we do). and they wanted to go into Electric Umbrella and get him something to eat.
OK- that makes more sense. I was thinking, "If they just wanted a burger or nuggets they could have gone over to the Electric Umbrella much quicker than schlepping to America." But this is how thing evolve.

I've been in that primo viewing area - often it's reserved for private parties or special groups. In our case they had cancelled our ADR last minute when Teppenyaki was becoming Teppan Edo and it took months longer than expected, so everyone who was inconvenienced got special access to this area on the night of their cancelled reservation. You're right - it's a perfect vantage point.

It's also tough when you want people to see the everything "just right" and finally understand WHY you love WDW so much, and they just don't. Not everyone gets it and not everyone has to do things the way the experts do in order to have fun, so there's adjustment on both sides. This always happens to us when we bring non-believers with us, only we make them wear matching T-shirts to boot. Much to their chagrin.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #2017
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
It's also tough when you want people to see the everything "just right" and finally understand WHY you love WDW so much, and they just don't. Not everyone gets it and not everyone has to do things the way the experts do in order to have fun, so there's adjustment on both sides. This always happens to us when we bring non-believers with us, only we make them wear matching T-shirts to boot. Much to their chagrin.
you hit the nail on the head. (oops, shouldn't mention hits on the head)
Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #2018
nrod
Mouseketeer

Hi all!!

Just back from our trip to CSR (Casitas, bldg 5 - a great location!). This was our first trip at this resort and we liked it a lot. It was an exhausting week, but another great trip. We tried lots of new rides and have discovered that my boys are roller coaster daredevils. Unfortunately for my 7 year old, he just missed the height for Rock n Roller Coaster. But I think they rode everything else. They managed 11 trips on their favorite "Big Splash" (they get Splash and Big Thunder mixed up, so they call them to Big Splash and Big Thunder).

I don't do Splash, so while I was waiting I visited your favorite spot. Unfortunately it was raining, so the rockers were busy. But here you go Nebo...

I'm not a fan of taking pictures of myself and it was the end of the week and rainy, so please excuse my appearance.

Waiting for your next installment to find out if you went to the hospital and hoping you did. At least to get something so you can rest. And sorry Illuminations didn't go as you planned. You can only give the advice, you can't make family/friends take it. MHSweb79 said it best!
1980 1st trip (offsite)/1987 (offsite)/1989 Spring Break (offsite)/1990 Day Trip/1994 Disneyland/1999 (Villas at the Dis Inst)/2000 (offsite)/2002 (POR)/2008 (Pop Century)/2010 (AS Movies) /2012 (CSR)
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #2019
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
It didn't transfer 'cause I nested it inside your quote.

Yeah, I knew that, I just didn't notice it at the time.

I thought long and hard about the pacifier. I really, really wanted to put it in... but even more, I wanted to place you and the scooter at epcot. So to put you at epcot, I had to make the scooter smaller... I figured that if I put in a pacifier I'd have to make it large enough to see... and you wouldn't be able to tell it was you anymore.

Ok, glad ot see you agonized over that decision.

On another completely unrelated note... The pkondz family went to see Hotel Transylvania tonight.

meh.
That's the opinion I got from almost all the reviews I've read, but the worst thing they say is it just isn't funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post

1971, The Who releases the greatest rock album ever made, Who's Next, Going Mobile is one of the cuts off it, about selling the house and living in an RV. It's good, but Baba O'Reilly, Bargain, The Song is Over, Won't get fooled again and most certainly, Behind Blue Eyes are all better on the same album, just ask Mitch.
sorry

Then you have to start planning the nexty trip, he doesn't need to be involved yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
At the time I posted pray for steve all I had from you was, I signed forms so the EMTs couldn't take me to the hospital.

I didn't know you smacked your head on the concrete!!!!!!

You said you fainted and hit your head. When I think of fainting I think of a person crouching over like in a slump.

You were very evasive on the details and even I wasn't completely privy to those.

Otherwise you would have been driven to the hospital by myself.

And now that I think of it, you left me a voicemail when I was at Blizzard Beach and I called you back, we lost connection again, and you called back and we talked some more.

Then later you show me a little scab on your head. What am I supposed to think.

I guess you really hate doctors.

Tigers just won the second game, YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See? That's whty I didn't tell you everything, I had enough people yelling at me as it was.
And hey, what happened to your picture in your avatar?
You mad at the kid or something that she had to be cut out?

And did you know, Cabrera was almost a Sock a couple years ago but at the last minute the deal fell through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
OK- that makes more sense. I was thinking, "If they just wanted a burger or nuggets they could have gone over to the Electric Umbrella much quicker than schlepping to America." But this is how thing evolve.

I've been in that primo viewing area - often it's reserved for private parties or special groups. In our case they had cancelled our ADR last minute when Teppenyaki was becoming Teppan Edo and it took months longer than expected, so everyone who was inconvenienced got special access to this area on the night of their cancelled reservation. You're right - it's a perfect vantage point.

Chagrin? Ok, what does chagrin mean?

Boy, I haven't even started the next chapter yet, best get t o work.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #2020
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Nancy, that's a terrific picture, thanks so much for posting it. We've stayed in Casitas 5 too on our first trip there and loved it, so glad you liked the resort too. So what did you think of the buffets there?
Jackson just barely cleared the height I guess for Rock n roller coaster, but the one thing they did try to shut him out of for being too short was Crush and Gusher at Typhoon.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #2021
nrod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Nancy, that's a terrific picture, thanks so much for posting it. We've stayed in Casitas 5 too on our first trip there and loved it, so glad you liked the resort too. So what did you think of the buffets there?
Jackson just barely cleared the height I guess for Rock n roller coaster, but the one thing they did try to shut him out of for being too short was Crush and Gusher at Typhoon.
We only ate at the buffet for breakfast and that was good. I think between the four of us, we ate a little of everything. We were planning to eat there for lunch on our last day, but we got there just as the convention broke for lunch and the line was C R A Z Y. So we just hit Cafe Rix. Kinda missed the food court for choices (although not the chaos).

We loved the theming and the fountains. Took Smidgy's advice and walked back from the main building at night and it was beautiful. I have never been to the water parks (YIKES!), but we'll probably go on our next trip. My husband is anxious to take the boys. I think sometimes the height thing vaires with each CM. When we did Kali River Rapids the first time, they didn't look twice at Drew, but the 2nd time through they checked him and gave him a stamp. He was way taller than the requirement, but the 2nd CM was measuring everyone.
1980 1st trip (offsite)/1987 (offsite)/1989 Spring Break (offsite)/1990 Day Trip/1994 Disneyland/1999 (Villas at the Dis Inst)/2000 (offsite)/2002 (POR)/2008 (Pop Century)/2010 (AS Movies) /2012 (CSR)
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #2022
smidgy
dimples

alrighty then.....

since nebo mentioned Typhoon, guess I'm up!

I mentioned earlier, todd said the night before that he was sleeping in. didn't say until what time, but I knew it couldn't be TOO late with Jackson in the room. Now you all know how I like to sleep in myself, but I didn't know waht time I could sleep till.. I forget what time I got up, but I kinda walked back and forth in front of their door a bit, glancing sideways at the window to see if there was any movement. I don't rmember what time we left, but nebo and I ALWAYS get to a water park before rope drop.
so we can grab a good spot for "home base"

we used to always grab a couple loungers near the smoking section (sigh) . now a few year back I discovered there is a contorversy about this . (controversy? on the DIS? no kidding!)

some people think "take your feet, lose your seat". huh? how does THAT work? we like to lie on the loungers quite a bit, sunning and reading. (nebo more that I. I'd prefer we do more slides than we do. feel like we're wasting the tickets doing what we can do at the pool. but his bad foot , and his back, can only take so many stairs, and lines. ) anyhow, you need a home base. rest a bit, go on the lazy river. rest a bit, go on a couple slieds. etc etc. then, sometimes you split up. I go in the wave pool by myself, or do the shark thing, or a slide or 2 on my own. with kids, you really go your sep. ways. how are you supposed to meet up? where do you put your stuff?

someone on a heated thread said "just rent a locker.." um, and go back to it everytime you want to get your cigs? or your book? or your bag of sandwhiches, etc.?

just take everything with you, who needs a spot? um, a wet book is kinda hard to read. someone even said to put all your stuff under the cahir, and if someone is sitting in it when you return, gather your stuff and move on. huh? and leave a note for your family? "excuse me Mr. who too,k my chair I got here at rope drop for.. can I pin this note to you for my kids? just tell them I went thataway!"

but I digress. so todd, kim, jackson and I got there about an hour or so after openeing.. crowded. we just found some little chairs near a rock near the left side of the entrance to the wave pool and put our stuff on it. this would be the last time I would use my chair!!!

It was a good thing Nebo didn't come with.. he would not have been happy. he would have wanted a spot to lie on a lounger, and he loves the sun, but it shouldb e near shade cause of his headaches. and he would have wanted to know everytime we left the area, "when will you be back" um, dont' know there is no itinerary, we are playing it by ear"

ok, I went to get a life jacket for jackson, since I was gong to rent a towel anyway (they broughttowels from home) turns out the life jackets are free, but they told me to get a small and it looked too small, and the guy said, just take both, bring the other one back. they are free! so I did. so once again, I am running bakc and forth.

jackson loved the wave pool!!! so did todd and kim it was fun! nebo ususally last about 2, maybe3tidal waves, and he's done. after a while I told tood and kimm to go on out to the deep end for a while I would stay with jackson.. boy did that make me nervous. even with his lifejacket on, you totally lose the other person when the wave comes. after surfacing, I was madly looking around left and right! "wheredidhegowheredidhego?'

we went and did the lazy river. no,wait, they wanted to do that next and I said we should do the family raft slice and the tube slides before the lines get too long. and they listened! we did the family one.. it was a LONG wait! in the hot sun! nebo wouldn't have been able to do it. about 30 minutes at least. and it was SO SHORT!!!! I said" see? this is why we like the family raft slide at blizzard beach, it's very long." we went on one tube slide. then got in line for the other.
about half way in line, it just stopped. ok. not moving. longer.. nomoving... everyone is wondering. just like in POTC, as leatst COMMUNICATE let us know what's going on
. those around us our talking about this , send word down the line. then we are all laughing about the game "telephone" and how the story will totally change by the time it gets to the bottom. (I know, Nebo would have a funnier way to tell this, and it was funny at the time, some of the possibilites, but I don't remember them now. of course, nebo would have just made up a couplefunny scenarios. but you're all stuck with me)

finally we get word that a woman was hurt at the bottom of the slide. and the EMTs were there and the ride had to stop while they took care of her. I'm thinking are they sure it's a woman? did nebo change his mind and sneakin ahead of us?

about 10 minutes later. some guy in a bathing suitruns past us all in line. he is the guinea pig to make sure the slide is ok.. we all anxiously await the news of his successful arrival at the bottom.. yay! line resumes moving.

Jackson was great though this! no whining or complaining at all!

ok, then,lazy river. then crushand gusher!!!!!

now it turns out that Jackon is only 48" with his shoes on. uh oh. he is JUST short of the line. and the lady won't let him get in line.
jackson was morose.

they all turn to walk away but I say well why don't you 2 go on it, at least try it. and I'll stay with Jackson. there is this little pool area where people are swimming and we;ll go in that. so they take off.

this was the only time I saw that Jackson was crabby. crabby? he was inconsolable. he is not a cryer. but you could see a few tears welling in his eyes and he just kinda squatted near one of the pool entrances and would NOT go in. and wouldn't talk to me. he jus kinda looks down or looks out into space, like he can't hear you.. knda weird, kinda scary.
I finally get him to talk, and he is inconsolable."I wasn't standing up straight. my daddy measured me at home and said I would be tall enough for everything at disney."

about 10 minutes later, lo and behold there is CM changing of the guards. "jackson! look , a new person guarding the line.. let's go try again!"

now maybe this was stupid onmy part. giving him false hope, setting him up for more disappointment. but I had to try.

this Cm was a young guy who looked like he just started shaving his 5 facial hairs last week. I told jackson to stand up straight! and he was stil a tad short. and the kid CM said, sorry buddy. and I kept saying how he went on TOT and Rockinrollercoaster, etc. and jackson looked like a little soldier standing at attention and now a few poeple were gathering around and saying "oh, he's tall enough.. let him go let him go." and the kid CM caved.. yay! and gave him a wrist band to show he passed the test.

now, you would think we would hurry into the line before the CM changed his mind.. but.. jackson wanted to rid ewiht his daddy, of course. (I personally hate these stairs, and the thought of tryng to hold Jackson's hand, carry that big rubt up, etc. how am I going to hang on to the rail fordear life??? ) but the most imp thing was, they must be coming down soon. how will they know where we went? what if they go back to home base? so we waited.

and waited and waited. and keptwalking over to where they come down. and now I amwondering if there was some way we missed them.. maybe they walked by us while we were browbeating the kid CM? uh oh, gotta get in line soon, what if the girl was only on a short bathroom break or something. so I am panicking, which I am very good at doing in a quandry.
about 10 minutes more, they finally get down.. we tell them the good news, and now the 4 of us get in line.

I am paired with kimmy,(surprise) and she carried the tubeup. at the top . me legs seemed more shakey than ususal without nebo there to protect me, but we all go down. it's shorter than I remember, but jackson was happy. and.. NOW!!! he has the wristband. so off we go to the stormslides. he loves them.. so it's on to humunga cowabunga! I do not do it.. but the 3 of them did and Jackson LOVED it!
I think then we wetn back to home base. did I call steve? we got something to eat did the lazy river again. did the wave ppol again, etc etc. did not sit down once at the home base, irelax in the sun! I could have, but actually I was having faun having someone to do all the slides with.

oh, we chose our spot partly cause it wasn't too far from the kiddie play area. how silly was that? never went over there once. the kind is going down humunga cowabunga, he's not going to want to splash around the kiddie area.

I'm sorry to admit this, but it was a fun day. but I did miss nebo. really, I did!

Last edited by smidgy; 10-09-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: way too many typos and misspellings to correct. just ignore them all! TEE HEE!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #2023
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

So glad Jackson was finally able to ride the slides! I think you did a great update. Loved the part where you were wondering if nebo got in line in front of you guys!

Sisters, Sisters...December 2012 TR...BWV & VWL
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #2024
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! Smidgy report!

Really, it was great. Sorry Nebo missed it, but hurray that you got to do all the slides. And then some more!!

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #2025
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
That's the only way Ruby will eat icecream... as a soquid.

I donít know whatís more disturbing. The fact that you used Paris Hilton, Snooki, KateShouldNevermate (good one, Iím gonna steal it), Octomom and Honey Boo Boo. Or the fact that I know who youíre talking about.
Wow, I had to google twice in that break down. I have never heard the term "soquid" before, and even my trusty Merriam Webster site drew a blank. I thought I had Ponzi on a typo finally; but what did he mean. Squid - no that doesn't sense. Something to do with British currency "some quid" - well maybe, but the farthing wasn't dropping. Google sent me to Urban Dictionary - ohhhh! Soquid. Cool word!

The Honey Boo Boo I let pass the first time when Nebo used it. Sounded like an old Disney cartoon or something. Then Ponzi's comment got me wondering cause I knew all the other ones. Back to dear Google. They'll put anything on TV these days won't they. Opinion: I don't know what's dummer, the studio exec who airs it, or the 2.5 million people who apparently regularly watch it (with apologies if you are one of those 2.5 million)?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: