Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
pammy1971
Earning My Ears

October 2013 first visit to Disney

We're planning to go to Disneyworld in October 2013. We're looking to stay in a villa nearby, but apart from that have no idea what we need to do. How would you suggest researching places to go and things to do, cow I feel like my head is spinning thinking about it all at the moment! Thanks
pammy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I totally misread what you said, so I deleted my answer since it wasn't what you wanted at all. Ooops

Last edited by Missy13d69; 10-07-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Alice's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Are you planning only to do WDW or do you have plans to visit other locations in the area (Universal Studios, Sea World, Legoland, etc)? Who's going? You're going in October...will you and your family be interested in doing Halloween activities?

When planning my vacations these are things I think about. I had my family give me a list of their "must-do" their "would-be-cool-to-do" and their "We can do it next time!" lists. Everyone listed Disney things which made my planning easier.

I know it can seem overwhelming but the good news is you have a full year to plan. It sounds like you know where you're staying. Just gotta figure out the rest.

Oh...and if you're staying off property and are planning on eating meals off property remember there are a LOT of amazing kids eat free deals at a lot of the restaurants down here: IHOP, Applebees, Steak and Shake, etc even McDonalds has deals on Happy meals for certain days of the week.
May 2001- Girls trip to Magic Kingdom (off property)
May/June 2011- First Familu Vacation (as Mom) Pop Century
April 2012- Moved to Kissimmee, FL
August 2012- Trip to Magic Kingdom with my Mom and kids
September 2012- Bought my Florida Resident Disney Annual Pass

Walking through the courtyard at Pop Century my 6 year old turned to me and said, "Do you know what my favorite part of this vacation is Momma? This one right now!" Now who wouldn't cry at that???
Alice's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

You really need to research staying at a Disney resort versus staying offsite. Unless someone is giving you a condo week for free you really need to consider the benefits in a Disney resort. You will have to pay for parking each day when you go into the parks if you stay offsite for one thing.

Will you be flying or driving? Do you plan to rent a car, because if you fly and stay at Disney you don't need to rent a car at all.

The main thing to keep in mind is that for the past several years Disney has offered free dining during October. You can not buy the Disney dining plan if you do not stay at a Disney hotel, and you most certianly cannot get the free dining deal, which could save you a ton of money.

I do agree you need to decide if you are going to do mainly Disney or see and do other things in Orlando. Many people think they can see and do everything there is to do in one trip and it isn't possible at all!

Have you been to Disney before? How many people are going? What are their ages? You need to think about all of this and then start researching/planning.

I am a travel agent, we help people at no extra cost to them. Maybe you should talk to someone who can help you??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: