Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #526
cgh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
Ride - no problem to add all photos
Character meal - if they can't fit all of you in the same photo, they might give you 2 photo packages, but it's really a limit of one photo package per pass ( per venue/same trip) so unless you come across someone really nice that's willing to do two photo packages with just one card, you might have to count on one photo print package (even if you take two separate family photos).
We got 2 photo packages from Goofy's- each on different days. :shrug: It might be one photo per venue per day, but NOT per trip.
__________________
cgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #527
Rainforest_Elf
No Worries
 
Rainforest_Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 285

Has anyone had a problem with this? I just ran into my first hiccup and I'm trying to not get super pissed at Disney.

We used our Photopass Plus card for 10 ride photos, and maybe 15 park photos taken by a photopass photographer. All of the images were there (39 total, they uploaded some silly stock images to my album). My photos were going to expire in about a week, so I went online last night and redeemed my PhotoCD, and selected the digital download for all of my images. When the email arrived this morning, there were only 10 images inside the zip file, and 10 release letters. The 10 images were from the rides. NONE of the images of my sister and I inside the park together are on the zip file.

That cannot be normal, can it? Those are honestly the only photos I cared about! They were the only pictures taken of the two of us, really, during the entire trip!
__________________


Trips: DL: 9/1995, 10/2008, 9/2012, 8/2014
Rainforest_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #528
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
We got 2 photo packages from Goofy's- each on different days. :shrug: It might be one photo per venue per day, but NOT per trip.
Who's going to go to Goofy's twice in one day? Not many people. But the larger point is you can get a photo package from each restaurant you visit that offers them.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #529
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainforest_Elf View Post
Has anyone had a problem with this? I just ran into my first hiccup and I'm trying to not get super pissed at Disney.

We used our Photopass Plus card for 10 ride photos, and maybe 15 park photos taken by a photopass photographer. All of the images were there (39 total, they uploaded some silly stock images to my album). My photos were going to expire in about a week, so I went online last night and redeemed my PhotoCD, and selected the digital download for all of my images. When the email arrived this morning, there were only 10 images inside the zip file, and 10 release letters. The 10 images were from the rides. NONE of the images of my sister and I inside the park together are on the zip file.

That cannot be normal, can it? Those are honestly the only photos I cared about! They were the only pictures taken of the two of us, really, during the entire trip!
Call them asap, and they'll help.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #530
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camie627 View Post
You must have the photo PLUS card with you when you get off the attraction ride that has the photos for purchase. You just give them your card & they will link the photo or photos you want directly onto your account. YOU MUST HAVE THE PLUS card with you for ATTRACTION photos.
Kind of true. You can take a picture of the card on your smart phone and show them the picture, or you can get the photo number and add it to the PP+ card later when you have it.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #531
mzalicia
Mouseketeer
 
mzalicia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainforest_Elf
Has anyone had a problem with this? I just ran into my first hiccup and I'm trying to not get super pissed at Disney.

We used our Photopass Plus card for 10 ride photos, and maybe 15 park photos taken by a photopass photographer. All of the images were there (39 total, they uploaded some silly stock images to my album). My photos were going to expire in about a week, so I went online last night and redeemed my PhotoCD, and selected the digital download for all of my images. When the email arrived this morning, there were only 10 images inside the zip file, and 10 release letters. The 10 images were from the rides. NONE of the images of my sister and I inside the park together are on the zip file.

That cannot be normal, can it? Those are honestly the only photos I cared about! They were the only pictures taken of the two of us, really, during the entire trip!
My experience with download option was that ride photos were available immediately, other photopass photos were not available until the next day (I received an email w/ download instructions)
__________________


mzalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #532
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about
 
laura&fam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: near SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Kind of true. You can take a picture of the card on your smart phone and show them the picture, or you can get the photo number and add it to the PP+ card later when you have it.
Our group may be splitting up some as the little kids can't or don't want to ride many of the rides that have photos. How do you add the photo number to the card yourself? It seems like this would cut down on a lot of running back to the ride with whoever happens to be holding the card.
__________________
laura&fam
me DH DD DS DS
laura&fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #533
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran
 
mom2aidanNpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,228

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzalicia

My experience with download option was that ride photos were available immediately, other photopass photos were not available until the next day (I received an email w/ download instructions)
Ours were the same way. I received one with ride photos and the others the next day. Hope that helps!
__________________
Me DH DS12 DD8


DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #534
georgiesmum
Mouseketeer
 
georgiesmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 103

do they have a first use expiry from date of purchase? We're going to in March next year so I have plenty of time to get one but I want to get one before they put the price up!
georgiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #535
yaya74
Mouseketeer
 
yaya74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiesmum View Post
do they have a first use expiry from date of purchase? We're going to in March next year so I have plenty of time to get one but I want to get one before they put the price up!
No it does not have an expiration date on the voucher. Not yet..
__________________
Having a Disney withdrawl.... When can I go back to the Happiest Place on Earth?
yaya74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #536
coopersmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 801

We purchased the PhotoPass+ before leaving, got our lanyard at the parks and used it during our visit. Now how do I get the CD of the photos? They took the voucher to give me the PhotoPass. I entered the PhotoPass card # online.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #537
krispin41
DIS Veteran
 
krispin41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom
We purchased the PhotoPass+ before leaving, got our lanyard at the parks and used it during our visit. Now how do I get the CD of the photos? They took the voucher to give me the PhotoPass. I entered the PhotoPass card # online.
Inside the CD of the stock photos you receive will be a code you enter on the PhotoPass website.
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #538
kailuagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,243

is it 30 days like the normal photo pass that we have to enter the numbers online? we just got baack, but our last day in the parks was the 5th.
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #539
starry_solo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailuagirl View Post
is it 30 days like the normal photo pass that we have to enter the numbers online? we just got baack, but our last day in the parks was the 5th.
Yes, it's 30 days like the normal photo pass to retrieve/claim your photos.

For the one photo package per visit/trip, I meant on the same visit to character meal.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #540
starshine514
DIS Veteran
 
starshine514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,625

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Kind of true. You can take a picture of the card on your smart phone and show them the picture,

Sometimes. We had several people in our group try this with some success. Some CMs refused to add without the card present, or sometimes they weren't able to scan the phone and get it to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
or you can get the photo number and add it to the PP+ card later when you have it.
Yes, the person with the card had to make a trip to the attraction later to add it if the phone trick didn't work.
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD9) (DD7) - - - - First trip to Disneyland in 25 yrs trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2725606
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: