Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Roveer
Mouseketeer

Visiting WDW Nov 3-9 wondering about New Fantasyland

We will be at WDW NOv 3-9 this year and was wondering what to expect with the new fantasyland. Is any part of that area open yet? The last time we were there (July 2011) all of downtown disney was closed down and the huge wall across the back of fantasyland. What will be different?

We have intentionally stayed away from WDW during this time because there's nothing worse than seeing plywood walls and construction when you are trying to live the magic. I know things won't be fully operational until late 2013 but I'm wondering what to expect next month.

Thanks,

Roveer
Old 10-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
ghtx
DIS Veteran

The first post in this thread has all the info you need on what's open: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2622159
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
1GR8DISNEYFAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roveer View Post
We will be at WDW NOv 3-9 this year and was wondering what to expect with the new fantasyland. Is any part of that area open yet? The last time we were there (July 2011) all of downtown disney was closed down and the huge wall across the back of fantasyland. What will be different?

We have intentionally stayed away from WDW during this time because there's nothing worse than seeing plywood walls and construction when you are trying to live the magic. I know things won't be fully operational until late 2013 but I'm wondering what to expect next month.

Thanks,

Roveer
I am interested in knowing this too. We will be there Nov 11-15. I quickly searched throuth the suggested thread and there is so much info. I would just like to know from someone who has been recently if you are able to walk through the new fantasyland or is it still boarded up in some areas. I know the attractions will not be open while I am there but I hope to be able to at least walk throug and see everything.

1GR8DISNEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roveer View Post
You dont mean downtown disney. That is the shopping district that is a "park" of its own. You meant Toontown. As for your question, right now, the walls are still up. But they should be coming down very soon. You will be there around preview time (AP only though), so everything will be open off and on. There will still be a LOT of walls up till 2014 though with the coaster being in the center of princessland.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
imadisneygirl
Earning My Ears

Most of fantasyland is open, except the new restaurant, ariels grotto and ride and the beast castle. They are doing special pass-holder previews November 3rd, November 10th or 11th, passholders are required to sign up tom. (oct. 8th) and you must be a passholder in order to see the unveiled stuff. But, Barnstormer, casey jr splash pad, dumbo and one other thing are open. Hope that helps, i'm hoping to sign up for the 10th (my bday!)
imadisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: