Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #16
Disney Enabler
It's a great day to be alive!

Another possibility for a mixer is to have people come together and have them split into groups of six or less but they have to have at least one person in the group that is new to the rest of the people. Then we could have a general Disney Trivia Game or a podcast related trivia gam. At the end the group with the most right answers could get a prize.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!
Disney Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Enabler
I would like to see a gathering where could really meet each other.
Carol
I agree with Carol. I think some sort of casual meet and mingle event would be great. A time and place that everyone could be together without an event or talk scheduled. A chance to meet everyone and chat.
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
stitchlover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Enabler View Post
Another possibility for a mixer is to have people come together and have them split into groups of six or less but they have to have at least one person in the group that is new to the rest of the people. Then we could have a general Disney Trivia Game or a podcast related trivia gam. At the end the group with the most right answers could get a prize.

Carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlover View Post
I agree with Carol. I think some sort of casual meet and mingle event would be great. A time and place that everyone could be together without an event or talk scheduled. A chance to meet everyone and chat.
Love this idea, especially where groups have to have people who haven't met before... and the trivia game.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

I know I am going to regret suggesting this if others find it interesting in any way, but here goes....

A fun way to meet folks of like minds might be to take a short quiz (ahead of time online could be created) at or prior to a meet. The questions will be used to analyze how "Pete" we are or how "John" we are and so on throughout the podcast team - we'd be grouped by who we "are" and have an opportunity to meet our kindred spirits as well as perhaps have a brief interaction with our names' sake?

Just a unique twist on how to separate old friends, family members and such, so we mingle in a new and interesting way. Plus if we had some really good suggestions (or dime store psychologists!) we could create some fun character studies of the podcast team that ultimately could be posted on the site for all podcast listeners.

Discuss - and if you hate the idea - that's fine by me - I'd be off the hook!

Last edited by Euphscott; 09-19-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo
Euphscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphscott View Post
I know I am going to regret suggestion this if others find it interesting in any way, but here goes....

A fun way to meet folks of like minds might be to take a short quiz (ahead of time online could be created) at or prior to a meet. The questions will be used to analyze how "Pete" we are or how "John" we are and so on throughout the podcast team - we'd be grouped by who we "are" and have an opportunity to meet our kindred spirits as well as perhaps have a brief interaction with our names' sake?

Just a unique twist on how to separate old friends, family members and such, so we mingle in a new and interesting way. Plus if we had some really good suggestions (or dime store psychologists!) we could create some fun character studies of the podcast team that ultimately could be posted on the site for all podcast listeners.

Discuss - and if you hate the idea - that's fine by me - I'd be off the hook!
Scott, you have an evil mind. I like that in a person. Dinner should be a lot of fun.

There are some great ideas here. I tend to be shy in person, especially in a large group. Dave and I went to the New Jersey Dis meet in July 2011, and we spent most of our time sitting at a table. Part of that was because the meet was such a success there wasn't much room to mingle.

I like Carol's idea of collecting a piece of information from each participant and then trying to figure out who goes with the information.

I love Scott's idea as well, though I wouldn't want to have to organize it.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #21
Bigbearsg
Mouseketeer

The Smoking Section Meet
Old 09-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #22
suecoppola
Earning My Ears

How about a group bingo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Hey Gang

On PCC 3.0 Dreams Unlimited Travel and the Podcast Team came up with all of the meets and events. I was thinking that for PCC 4.0 some of you may have some ideas for meets/events.

So far we have (in no particular order and no date/time set yet - still waiting on DCL):

Dave Smith Presentation
Live Podcast Recording
GKTW Fundraiser (details not complete yet but will NOT be a silent auction)

So - any ideas of what you would like to see/do? Keep in mind that if it's a good one and people like you will probably be asked to organize it
How about a dis bingo? I love bingo and it is a lot of fun..could be a fund raiser with the money for the cards going to give kids the world. Pete and john could give away some cool prizes
suecoppola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #23
Disney Enabler

Another game that gets people up and moving around is Bunco. It doesn't take alot of equipment and it sits people in 2 pairs. Once a round of Bunco is completed the pairs move to different tables. It definately would mix people up so they could met other DISers. It would require a room that has tables and chairs. I am sure there are others out there who know more than me about Bunco who could add some info.

Carol
Old 09-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Another game that gets people up and moving around is Bunco. It doesn't take alot of equipment and it sits people in 2 pairs. Once a round of Bunco is completed the pairs move to different tables. It definately would mix people up so they could met other DISers. It would require a room that has tables and chairs. I am sure there are others out there who know more than me about Bunco who could add some info.

Carol
In general, Bunko is a perfect excuse to get together with people and talk & eat. So you're right, Carol, it would be a great meet, as long as we can get food in the room! Really all you need (besides tables & chairs) is a single bell of some sort (I have one!), a set of 3 dice for each table, (I have a few, but I have a feeling we'd need way more!), some paper or pads to keep score on and a whole bunch of pens or pencils. I could help organize this if you're interested, Carol! (Oh, and we'd probably need numbers for the tables, or else the rotation would be too hard with more than 3 tables!)

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
Disney Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
In general, Bunko is a perfect excuse to get together with people and talk & eat. So you're right, Carol, it would be a great meet, as long as we can get food in the room! Really all you need (besides tables & chairs) is a single bell of some sort (I have one!), a set of 3 dice for each table, (I have a few, but I have a feeling we'd need way more!), some paper or pads to keep score on and a whole bunch of pens or pencils. I could help organize this if you're interested, Carol! (Oh, and we'd probably need numbers for the tables, or else the rotation would be too hard with more than 3 tables!)

Sayhello
I'm game to work with you if this is something John thinks would be good and if he can help us secure a room and a time.

Carol
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I'm game to work with you if this is something John thinks would be good and if he can help us secure a room and a time.

Carol
Cool! I wonder if I need to contact John, or if he'll see this here. I think I'll wait a bit & see what he says.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Question

Since we don't know any of the dates or times of any of the podcast events, can some please tell me the cancellation policy for reservations at Palo and Remy?

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #28
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

excursions, palo, remy and spa appointments must be cancelled online 3 days before we sail to not be charged. After that online booking is blocked and all changes have to be done on the ship and are subject to charge

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #29
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jessica

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

I think this would have to be organized by the podcast team, because it requires cruise-line contacts, but what about having a DISUnplugged gingerbread house-making session. I know they're usually limited to first-come/first-served, but if the DIS organized it, we might get access for more people to participate and could have people sign up in advance, so they could bring their own additional decorations, if they want. Then we could have a contest for best house. Hopefully, we could do this early enough in the cruise that we could eat the gingerbread house before the end of the cruise, rather than having to leave it on board, because it won't clear customs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: