Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
rn_wannabe
RN since 1-2008 (no longer rn_wannabe)

"TO GO ORDER" at Cafe Orleans

Anyone know if I can order Mickey beignets from Cafe Orleans without actually going in and sitting down? Can I just order some "to go"? Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Not from Cafe Orleans but there is a beignet and mint julep window behind French Market where you can buy a bag of Mickey beignets to go. It's not always open but in my experience it usually has been.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
rn_wannabe

sonnyjane, thank you for the suggestion for another place to get beignets. Were you also saying that you cannot order "to go" from Cafe Orleans?
Old 10-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure about the to-go order at Cafe Orleans, but the beignets are exactly the same. They even have the pumpkin-flavored ones for Halloween. I think it would just be easier for you to order at the Mint Julep bar, would probably take a lot less time.

I've never actually tried a to-go order at any of the table service restaurants. If you do it, you'll have to tell us all how it works out!

Good luck, and hopefully you'll get yourself some "man-catchin' beignets"! (Sorry, I can't think of beignets without Lotte from "Princess and the Frog" popping into my head!)
KateDrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn_wannabe View Post
sonnyjane, thank you for the suggestion for another place to get beignets. Were you also saying that you cannot order "to go" from Cafe Orleans?
you know honestly ive never tried to order a to go from there...I personally dont like CO much but I did want to add that you can also go into dtd and at the jazz kitchen express, they sell them and I love theirs...the ones sonnyjane are talking about remind me more like fritters for some reason and they also sell them at stage door cafe..
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
rn_wannabe

Thanks everyone! I was also hoping to order the pommes frites. Those are two things on my list I'd like to get, but not have to sit down for. Anyone know other places that have the pommes frites too?
Old 10-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Not positive but pretty sure you cannot get anything "to-go" from Cafe Orleans. Also, Cafe Orleans is the only place with pommes frites. I have only been to Cafe Orleans once and was not impressed by the pommes frites. Ours arrived limp and cold. I know many others rave about them, so I guess I got a bad batch.

The Mickey beignets are also sold at the Mint Julep window and are the same except cost a little less and do not come with the dipping sauce. They are, however, coated in powered sugar.

If you want an alternative place to get similar type foods, consider the Jazz Kitchen in downtown Disney. The sit-down restaurant serves some really good fries; my favorite are the garlic fries. They also serve beignets that are tasty but not in the shape of Mickey. The take-out window at Jazz Kitchen sells the beignets as well, and while they do have fries, I think they are just the Cajun fries, not the garlic ones.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
Not positive but pretty sure you cannot get anything "to-go" from Cafe Orleans. Also, Cafe Orleans is the only place with pommes frites. I have only been to Cafe Orleans once and was not impressed by the pommes frites. Ours arrived limp and cold. I know many others rave about them, so I guess I got a bad batch.

If you want an alternative place to get similar type foods, consider the Jazz Kitchen in downtown Disney. The sit-down restaurant serves some really good fries; my favorite are the garlic fries. They also serve beignets that are tasty but not in the shape of Mickey. The take-out window at Jazz Kitchen sells the beignets as well, and while they do have fries, I think they are just the Cajun fries, not the garlic ones.
I cannot agree with you more on the CO fries...but pomme frites are garlic fries with parm cheese...they do serve the same thing at jazz kitchen but call them parm fries and at jazz kitchen express they are the cajun fries
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
mmlover74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateDrake View Post
I'm not sure about the to-go order at Cafe Orleans, but the beignets are exactly the same. They even have the pumpkin-flavored ones for Halloween. I think it would just be easier for you to order at the Mint Julep bar, would probably take a lot less time.

I've never actually tried a to-go order at any of the table service restaurants. If you do it, you'll have to tell us all how it works out!

Good luck, and hopefully you'll get yourself some "man-catchin' beignets"! (Sorry, I can't think of beignets without Lotte from "Princess and the Frog" popping into my head!)
Pumpkin flavored...count me in!!!
mmlover74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

To clarify, NO, you cannot order to go from Cafe Orleans.
Malcon10t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
Mary09
Mouseketeer

You can't order take out but if you can get in, it's a quick meal.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

We did take beignets in a bag to go after our sit down meal. We knew we were too full to eat them there. So we got a plate of them, ate one each, and then asked for a bag for the rest. The other place has the same beignets but doesn't give you the dipping sauce that CO does. This is what we like to do: One orders a large gumbo (yum!), the other pomme frites, we both eat some of both and then order beignets.

At Jazz Kitchen we like the chocolate bread pudding for dessert.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: